At Udimi we are doing our best to help our partners to utilize all the tools and data to improve the efficiency of their advertising campaigns and increase their earnings. One of our most recent features allows you to export the list of your referrals in CSV format.
What you can do with that information?
In this article, we decided to show you two ways how you can use your Referrals list and Facebook ads to find similar users and how you can use retargeting to remind your audience about your services or products.
If you haven't used Facebook Ads before go to Step 0. If you already have Facebook Ads Manager, proceed to Step 1.
Step 0. Creating Business Manager and Ad account
Make sure that you have a personal Facebook account to confirm your identity and create a Business Manager.
- Go to business.facebook.com/overview.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter a name for your business, your name and work email address and click Next.
- Enter your business details and click Submit.
After that, you will need to create an Ad account
Steps to add an ad account in Business Manager:
- Go to Business Settings.
- Click Accounts from the left side menu. Then, click Ad Accounts.
- Click the blue Add dropdown menu.
- Choose one of the 3 options: Add an Ad Account, Request Access to an Ad Account or Create a new ad account.
- If you choose to request access or add an ad account, enter the ad account ID.
- Follow the prompts to select people and access levels.
More info about creating an Ad account is here.
Step 1. Creating a Custom Audience
After downloading your CSV file from the Udimi.com website you can upload it to Facebook and create a custom audience.
However, keep in mind that you need a list of at least 100 people from a single country to use it. So we recommend uploading CSV or TXT files with more than 100 email addresses (or phone numbers, addresses).
To create a Custom Audience go to your Ads Manager.
- Once in your account, go directly to Audiences, then go to Create Audience > Custom Audience > Customer list
- Prepare your customer list: Select the identifiers to include, then add the customer list you want to use for your new Custom Audience and give it a name.
- Review your customer list: Confirm that you mapped your identifiers correctly or check to see that all errors are resolved. You’ll get one of the following notifications:
The green checkmark symbol means your identifiers were mapped correctly and are ready to be hashed, then used for the matching process.
The yellow exclamation symbol means either that you chose not to include certain identifiers or that some identifiers need to be manually updated. You have higher chances of getting a better match rate to build your audience if you make the corrections before uploading your file.
Upload your customer list: Once your list has been added and is ready for use, select Upload and Create.
Step 2. Creating Look Alike Audience
After uploading your list and creating Custom Audience you can use it to find users similar to those on your list. This feature is called Look Alike audience.
To create Look Alike audience:
- Go to your Audiences. (You can also create a lookalike audience during ad creation in Ads Manager.)
- Select the Create Audience dropdown and choose Lookalike Audience
- Choose your source. (Custom Audience that we just created)
- Choose the country/countries where you'd like to find a similar set of people
- Choose your desired audience size with the slide.
- Select Create Audience
How else you can use your list?
An alternative way of using a Custom audience feature is showing ads to the
audience from your list or Retargeting/Remarketing. To do that:
- Create an ad set
- In the Audience section of ad set creation, click the Custom Audiences field
- Select the Custom Audiences and/or Lookalike Audiences you want to use
According to Facebook, you can combine multiple Custom Audiences and/or Lookalike Audiences to refine your targeting.