Question about Stats from Order

Question about Stats from Order
William Schuler
7 posts / 2 likes

Hi Everyone,

I ordered 100 clicks from someone here. On the surface, the "stats" look outstanding. 105 total clicks delivered, 55 opt-ins to my squeeze page. However, the ENTIRE purpose of the squeeze page is to receive a free PDF download. The link is delivered via email. According to getresponse, of 55 opt-ins, ZERO emails were opened and 9 bounced as invalid. I looked at my web site logs just to make sure getresponse wasn't misreporting. Things match up. The thankyou.html page has displayed about the same number of times as people subscribed. But, not a single download of the PDF, which to re-iterate is the ONLY reason to opt-in. I've tested the process several times with two gmail accounts, a yahoo account and a corporate email account, the message has never been blocked or sent to spam.

Two of the logged IP Addresses show up on "Botscout.com" as being reported or detected as web form bots. Any ideas or possible explanations?

Thanks, Bill

Posted 22 Apr 2015 at 01:52
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
William Schuler on 22 Apr 2015 at 01:52

See attach

I think you should message support they can check solo for you better than anyone here

Posted 22 Apr 2015 at 02:08
William Schuler
7 posts / 2 likes
Liz Hall on 22 Apr 2015 at 02:08

See attach

thanks. I contacted support and they suggested contacting the seller, which I have. In the sellers feedback, there are many mentions of a very good opt-in rate, and quite a few who mention that they didn't see any resulting sales. Once this whole thing is cleared up, I'll post more information.

Posted 22 Apr 2015 at 15:31
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

My thoughts only are the clicks couldn't be bots if did solo here cause of the tracking and filtering system here not possible for bots to get thru... but see what the seller says but if no sales then that's another whole different issue as sales aren't guarantee but a free Ebook download after optin right then the thks page had the download link right there yeh... That would be unusual not 1 out of how many 55 optins.... I'd be questioning filtered clicks and ask buyer were came from if not his own list etc.. anyway just some ideas etc William...

Posted 22 Apr 2015 at 17:51
William Schuler
7 posts / 2 likes
Rick Ling on 22 Apr 2015 at 17:51

See attach

Thanks for the feedback. The optin page states: "Click the Button Below NOW Before This FREE Offer is Over... We'll Rush Your FREE Copy of the Report to Your Inbox" The email address box is pre-filled with "Email where we will send the report". The thank you page does not have the download link. It would be VERY clear to anyone reading the squeeze page and entering their email address that they will receive the report via email. Yet no one actually downloaded the free report.

I read on a Blackhat marketing forum how easy it is to create a script that uses proxy servers to perform opt-ins from many different random IP addresses to appear real. But, maybe this is not the case. Maybe there are really people out there who opt in to offers who don't really want anything other than the pure joy of entering their email in a box and clicking a button? (<-sarcasm) Thanks again for replying. Stay tuned.

Posted 22 Apr 2015 at 18:37
Vincent Craine
17 posts / 5 likes

William, you are doing a double optin, No one has time to chase the email anymore unless they are already on your list. Fact is people are just too lazy. Set up single optin and put the PDF on the thank you page - you will be amazed how many people will download it and click any resource links.

So many people send them to a sales page or another optin in. When they see this from you -it's like a breath of fresh air. Builds credibilility too plus you get the subscriber now to market to on the back end. This is what is working in 2015.

Yes I am on of the Pioneers in list building way back in the early 2000's. I teach my students this with great results..

Hope this helps, my friend.

If you want to contact me - hit me up on here or skype vmcnewbiecoach

Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 19:59
William Schuler
7 posts / 2 likes

Thanks to everyone who replied. The seller refunded my money and said that they'd remove the email addresses from their list... @Liz Hall, I'll probably be contacting you about promoting my offer.

Posted 25 Apr 2015 at 01:27
Stacix Taylor
1 post / 0 likes
William Schuler on 22 Apr 2015 at 01:52

Hi Everyone,

I ordered 100 clicks from someone here. On the surface, the "stats" look outstanding. 105 total clicks delivered, 55 opt-ins to my squeeze page. However, the ENTIRE purpose of the squeeze page is to receive a free PDF download. The link is delivered via email. According to getresponse, of 55 opt-ins, ZERO emails were opened and 9 bounced as invalid. I looked at my web site logs just to make sure getresponse wasn't misreporting. Things match up. The thankyou.html page has displayed about the same number of times as people subscribed. But, not a single download of the PDF, which to re-iterate is the ONLY reason to opt-in. I've tested the process several times with two gmail accounts, a yahoo account and a corporate email account, the message has never been blocked or sent to spam.

Two of the logged IP Addresses show up on "Botscout.com" as being reported or detected as web form bots. Any ideas or possible explanations?

Thanks,
Bill

I am as we speak dealing with the exact same thing, including recieving the same message from support to contact seller. I had 100 opt ins from 2 different sellers to recieve a PDF file and not 1 single email was opened. I even sent a follow up email and again not 1 has been opened. This is a definite problem, and makes it look like a total scam. It's not possible that not 1 email was opened when they signed up to recieve something specific.

Posted 8 Feb 2016 at 21:44
William Schuler
7 posts / 2 likes

Good luck. I gave up... not a single download using this method (here). I moved on.

Posted 8 Feb 2016 at 22:03
Gary Hullfish
116 posts / 135 likes

I believe there may be a seller or two trying to get money here and not delivering anything real, but that is life. I have not had any issues like that with any seller on Udimi. I have had them ask me to NOT USE a double opt in because that does not work well. Most people on here get RESULTS or this site would not be around very long.

Posted 9 Feb 2016 at 00:06
Go up
Go down