How to tell if you had received fake referrals?

How to tell if you had received fake referrals?
Nick Wilkinson
3 posts / 0 likes

Seeing as how I am new to buying solos, I was wondering if someone could please explain how to tell if you ended up receiving fake referrals or subs? Thank you in advance.

Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 00:32
Aris Savva
137  / 1
11 posts / 5 likes
Nick Wilkinson on 29 Sep 2015 at 00:32

See attach

Well I guess there's many ways but a few obvious ones is to check the names and email addresses of the subscribers you are getting. Many times the names and email have strange patterns i.e. Mark Mark, Chris Chris, chris1334@gmail.com, mark1413@gmail.com etc if there's a few of them, it could be fine but if 50% of the solo sent like that, well... gets quite suspicious there.

Another thing you can do is make a new list for every solo you buy. Send them an email the next day and see if they respond to it (open/click). Checking ip's for duplicates but then again, filters get rid of those 99% of the time.

That should more or less be enough to identify whether you got scammed or not. You can then open a ticket and get the seller banned + your money back.

Aris

Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 10:29
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

I found this strange or weird would be the word but now traffic can have same IP but be a different referrer and device used etc so can take that as you see fit or changing of the times and click types sent and not fake as previously thought... Prob is though alot of the filters still filter these as non unique when infact see as non unique clicks reasons are a few......

Posted 30 Sep 2015 at 10:36
Daniel Zander
28 posts / 12 likes

yes duplicate ips should be filtered - i saw 3-4counts same ip same browser and with 0-2minutes time difference - you cant say this are different peoples. thats just wrong

Posted 30 Sep 2015 at 12:19
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

Hey Daniel if a different platform but same referrer would agree as could be a cell phone first then a desktop with same connection ie wi fi but if different referrer then you would begin to wonder..

So to sum not all same IPs are non unique but infact unique hmm its something I think needs to be looked into and filters changed accordingly...!!!

Posted 30 Sep 2015 at 20:21
Daniel Zander
28 posts / 12 likes

you mean different os windows/linux/mac (desktop), android/ios/blackberry/tablets/etc (mobile)-but everything is the same. i dont think it should be counted-thats 100% one person then-

Posted 30 Sep 2015 at 20:50
Graham Smith
1 post / 0 likes

Just seen this thread so a little late in replying. I doubt it happens often, but where I live in a rural area, a local communication company provides fast broadband over the airwaves and the clients (eg, me and thousands of others), in effect become part of a huge wireless network. Unless you specifically request your unique ip, the ip address seen by the world is the ip of the telecoms company hub.

Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 08:08
Go up
Go down