Problems with the tracking links Udimi sends to the sellers

problems with the tracking links Udimi sends to the sellers
Tom Connelly
8 posts / 3 likes

Is anyone having issues where the tracking link send to the capture page but then the capture doesn't accept the email format even though it works fine without the Udimi tracking?

Posted 14 Oct 2015 at 01:22
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Tom Connelly on 14 Oct 2015 at 01:22

See attach

message support see if they can help you okay

Posted 14 Oct 2015 at 03:09
Tom Connelly
8 posts / 3 likes

I have. Was wondering if anyone else had that issue.

Posted 14 Oct 2015 at 03:22
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Tom, I know we have been talking about this in PM, the reality is that all Udimi uses is a simple Javascript redirect. It should not have any effect on whether someone should be able to opt in.

Perhaps the issue is actually with your Aweber account. There is no love here for them.

They have given so many legit buyers and sellers HELL over the last year or so for know good reason.

Posted 14 Oct 2015 at 04:27
Tom Connelly
8 posts / 3 likes

Okay I think I found the issue and I'll state it so you all know. I use aweber (hate them but it is what it is for now) and for some reason using my own trckrs/com tracking URL with Udimi causes aweber to reject the opt in emails as "bad format" when the trckrs.com tracking URL gets redirected again via Udimi's redirect link. When I use the bare capture page URL to Udimi, it works ok. So my first batch of solos had to be cancelled and resubmit so that the tracking redirect that Udimi uses has my bare URL on my end and not the other one. I have no idea why this combination messes up aweber, but it's on their end. Maybe Udimi ought to identify this issue and mention something like "don't use IURLs like this" so people know... or just let them find out the hard way like I did... Seems Aweber making people jump through hoops again. I would ditch them if they weren't pretty much required by like every service out there which integrates with them and getrespone but not others. Plus I have a list with them I would have to export them and find a service to accept the imports. I have another service a friend is using that I am considering when I do switch but I have to figure out how to integrate it with my other stuff. A hassle for sure.

Posted 14 Oct 2015 at 11:35
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Tom Connelly on 14 Oct 2015 at 11:35

See attach

Aweber is impossible to work with these days. Uncle D has mentioned a few times using some very colorful language what he thinks of them :)

Perhaps if your really need Aweber you can use another autoresponder service. ( I use self hosted Arpreach) and then merge those leads into Aweber if you really need too. It was my understand that you can do this without making them reopt in. Here is a link to that info.

https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/articles/204028626-How-Do-I-Import-A-List-Of-Subscribers-

Posted 14 Oct 2015 at 18:40
Go up
Go down