Affiliate program
Ermin Beslic
384  / 9
42 posts / 22 likes

How do you turn on/off affiliate program

Posted 12 May 2016 at 21:00
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes

After hundreds of complaints from affiliates who didn't get their commissions after referring buyers to sellers with affiliate program turned off, we decided to turn it ON for all sellers.

This will prevent any confusion and give additional incentive for affiliates to promote Udimi and give all of us more buyers.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 12 May 2016 at 21:15
Ajie Wibowo
1434  / 1
29 posts / 19 likes

This is not good :(

Posted 13 May 2016 at 01:17
Ray Liu
7 posts / 4 likes

So how would it be affirmed? I find the buyer buys from my solo deal but the affiliate still get the commission.

Posted 13 May 2016 at 01:40
Karianne Gagnon
9 posts / 4 likes

Same here...

Random affiliates are getting a piece of my solo ads sells. I don't think they are even promoting me!

Posted 13 May 2016 at 04:54
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes
Ray Liu on 13 May 2016 at 01:40

So how would it be affirmed? I find the buyer buys from my solo deal but the affiliate still get the commission.

Affiliate brought a buyer who found your solo deal and then bought. Why wouldn't affiliate get a commission?

Posted 13 May 2016 at 08:51
Ray Liu
7 posts / 4 likes

Uncle Dimitry,

Can't it be the case that the affiliate brought the buyers to the seller profile, they buy and we give the commission to the affiliates? I would prefer to turn on the affiliate option when I don't have a solo deal or it's not working well.

Posted 13 May 2016 at 09:01
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes
Ray Liu on 13 May 2016 at 09:01

Uncle Dimitry,

Can't it be the case that the affiliate brought the buyers to the seller profile, they buy and we give the commission to the affiliates? I would prefer to turn on the affiliate option when I don't have a solo deal or it's not working well.

the System is using reliable method of determining who was the referrer. If it shows a referrer, then it is.

Posted 13 May 2016 at 09:07
Kuan Yee
195  / 5
30 posts / 22 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 13 May 2016 at 09:07

the System is using reliable method of determining who was the referrer. If it shows a referrer, then it is.

my customer has purchased from me long time ago so I'm sure the customer wasn't refers by the referrer. At such case, why should I still pay them affiliate commission?

Posted 13 May 2016 at 19:55
Ajie Wibowo
1434  / 1
29 posts / 19 likes

The thing that I don't understand, why would seller pay the affiliate using the percentage of total sales, and not from the total profit which Udimi got.

It just too much, I remember I need to pay 15% of total sales to affiliate. Wow 15% is a lot! Like almost $15 per $100 order.

Is this an acceptable business practice or is it fair?

Udimi charged a lot of fees from sellers, and now we need to pay affiliate which reducing profits from each order.

Posted 13 May 2016 at 20:40
Karianne Gagnon
9 posts / 4 likes
Ajie Wibowo on 13 May 2016 at 20:40

The thing that I don't understand, why would seller pay the affiliate using the percentage of total sales, and not from the total profit which Udimi got.

It just too much, I remember I need to pay 15% of total sales to affiliate. Wow 15% is a lot! Like almost $15 per $100 order.

Is this an acceptable business practice or is it fair?

Udimi charged a lot of fees from sellers, and now we need to pay affiliate which reducing profits from each order.

I agree. This is just way too much right now. Even FeeBay charges not that much.

Posted 13 May 2016 at 21:08
Nicole K
1037  / 7
46 posts / 38 likes

removing the "turn on/off affiliate program" is just a bad idea. Not good for sellers and not good for buyers. Sellers will increase the price per click and buyers won't be buying as much.

Posted 13 May 2016 at 22:10
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes
Nicole K on 13 May 2016 at 22:10

removing the "turn on/off affiliate program" is just a bad idea. Not good for sellers and not good for buyers. Sellers will increase the price per click and buyers won't be buying as much.

as I said earlier, we had to do that after hundreds of affiliate tickets about not getting money for their promos.

Affiliates bring 70% of all sales we have, so it's our main priority to keep them promoting and bringing more and more buyers.

Posted 13 May 2016 at 22:32
Gary Hullfish
116 posts / 135 likes

I would usually be on the sellers side, but to have the option to turn off affiliate is wrong. With that in place, I have probably lost hundreds of dollars in commissions over the past year. I have brought over 200 buyers to UDIMI and I KNOW they buy, because I see the solos they buy. Do sellers email their list for free? No, you charge for it. I do not advertise for free. I spend hundreds of dollars placing UDIMI banners across the Internet. My referrals have purchased more than 300 solos from many different sellers. 300 solo ads bought because of my work as an affiliate. To have an option to "turn me off" at will is ridiculous. No one is giving me a tip or doing me a favor, I EARN the commission by bringing the buyer to UDIMI. This is normal business practice. BTW, I see the sellers that I get commissions from and I usually buy solos from them. So I don't see the issue, we ALL make money this way.

Posted 15 May 2016 at 04:27
Hummus Tech
7 posts / 9 likes

Guys, we personally don't mind that you just increase prices slightly. We are not affiliated with Udimi to promote them but we tried Clickonomy with guys that wanted 0.8-1.2$ per click with no good results.

Worst and cheapest solo ad here gave us better results than the competition. But please get us more Non-US traffic :D

Posted 15 May 2016 at 10:08
Joni Leung
808  / 9
82 posts / 21 likes
Karianne Gagnon on 13 May 2016 at 21:08

I agree. This is just way too much right now. Even FeeBay charges not that much.

Agreed! It's way too much. Please reconsider if there's a win-win solution for everybody.

Please help uncle Dimitry find what best solution for this, instead of just complaining. Or is it a FINAL DECISION from UDIMI?

If this is FINAL DECISION then we can't do anything.

Posted 16 May 2016 at 02:08
Kuan Yee
195  / 5
30 posts / 22 likes

I'm wondering why can't Udimi do like other website pay one-time off affiliate to all the advertisers who manage to find new buyer to Udimi website?

Promise on giving lifetime affiliate commission to advertiser and force seller to bear with the affiliate cost is an additional cost.

On top of that we still have to pay for Udimi charging rate which is another cost to seller.

Posted 18 May 2016 at 09:22
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes
Kuan Yee on 18 May 2016 at 09:22

I'm wondering why can't Udimi do like other website pay one-time off affiliate to all the advertisers who manage to find new buyer to Udimi website?

Promise on giving lifetime affiliate commission to advertiser and force seller to bear with the affiliate cost is an additional cost.

On top of that we still have to pay for Udimi charging rate which is another cost to seller.

because that's not fair for affiliates

Posted 18 May 2016 at 12:24
Olushola Akinwumi
58  / 5
181 posts / 28 likes

My question is are affiliate paid lifetime recurrent commissions or is there a time limit for the referral to expire ( say 6 months)?

Posted 18 May 2016 at 17:55
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes
Olushola Akinwumi on 18 May 2016 at 17:55

My question is are affiliate paid lifetime recurrent commissions or is there a time limit for the referral to expire ( say 6 months)?

Lifetime

Posted 18 May 2016 at 20:59
Go up
Go down