EU Sales Tax Declaration / Invoicing

EU Sales Tax Declaration / Invoicing
Paul Graham
9 posts / 2 likes

I'm just wondering if there are any other EU sellers on here who are liable for VAT / IVA? If so do you know how you go about declaring / Invoicing it through Udimi? I've spoken to Udimi Billing who gave me the below response...

"Dear Paul,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately we are not in the position to help you with taxation issues. There is no prior way to identify the country of Udimi users' origin unless you ask them directly.

All the best, Udimi Support Team"

Posted 28 Jul 2014 at 16:09
Sven
22 posts / 26 likes

Have youu found a solutoon to this?

Posted 6 Aug 2014 at 08:15
Paul Graham
9 posts / 2 likes

Hi Sven, no not yet. If I can't find someone here or on any of the Skype/Facebooks groups who's faced this issue, then I'll have a word with my accountant. It's 'possible' that as all transactions to and from the buyer & seller go through Udimi and NOT the individual, that Udimi's registered address could be the determining factor for IVA/VAT payments. Either way, when i find out I'll post it here.

Posted 7 Aug 2014 at 13:35
Reed Floren
13 posts / 10 likes

When I purchase a solo the funds go to Udimi and they hold the funds in escrow on their end so it is my belief that you would use their address.

Posted 9 Aug 2014 at 14:00
Paul Graham
9 posts / 2 likes

Hi Reed, I believe you may be right. However unlike PayPal for example where you get the option to automatically add sales tax to certain buyer locations, this isn't an option within Udimi, even though they are in effect handling all the transactions. Instead, and as per their reply (above), this is being left to buyers and sellers to sort out between themselves. Not a great solution considering not all buyers want to engage in conversation, let alone give over all their credentials for invoicing purposes.

Surely I'm not the only one with this issue?

Posted 9 Aug 2014 at 21:45
Sven
22 posts / 26 likes

No definitely not. If you get a good answer from your accountant please post it here because I need to figure this one out too. Also is Udimis address is determining factor for IVA/VAT as I already checked they are stationed in Cyprus makes it a must for EU members to pay VAT for their solo sales. I asked Udimi for a EU VAT number but got the response that they don't have VAT.

Posted 13 Aug 2014 at 00:01
Paul Graham
9 posts / 2 likes

Hi Sven, Udimi's registered address is actually in the UK (See Below)

UDIMI LTD SUITE 1, 78 MONTGOMERY ST. EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND EH75JA, GB

This does of course still present an issue for EU sellers liable for sales tax. Anyway, I've emailed my accountant and I'll post his comments here as and when I have a solid answer.

Posted 15 Aug 2014 at 22:22
Sven
22 posts / 26 likes

Hi Paul have you got an answer on this yet?

Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 21:00
Paul Graham
9 posts / 2 likes

Hi Sven, yes I have. Because a sales tax treaty exists between all EU member states, we only need to charge VAT on clients from our country of residence and NOT other EU member states.

Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 22:05
Sven
22 posts / 26 likes

Yeah I know but to do that you are required a EU VAT number... Have you received that from Udimi?

Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 22:14
Paul Graham
9 posts / 2 likes

No, you would need to register and get that from your local Tax office.

Posted 26 Nov 2014 at 12:12
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

My voice on this if not earning thousands and not pushing tax rate then wouldn't get too worried... Beside PP mainly for US resident require it if earning up to certain amount.... if say something to tax office I'm pretty they gladly tell you to pay but just my two bobs worth.. and only talking about Australia mainly don't even bother with PP in regards to tax... Rick Ling (All in my own IMO...)

Posted 26 Nov 2014 at 14:24
Wilfred Bakker
1526  / 2
5 posts / 3 likes
Paul Graham on 26 Nov 2014 at 12:12

No, you would need to register and get that from your local Tax office.

Sven means you need the VAT number from Udimi? If we have this, problem solved.

Did you guys receive this yet ? Thanks

Posted 6 Jan 2020 at 20:51
Bill Abbott
187  / 1
104 posts / 33 likes

No you need a VAT number from the UK government but if your turnover is less than £83000 you don't need to register for VAT so there is no need to charge VAT, in fact if you are not registered it's illegal to charge it.

Bill Abbott
Posted 6 Jan 2020 at 23:47
Tom Theys
1 post / 0 likes

I found this info when searching for a VAT

Udimi is a registered trademark of Udimicom, Limited

61 Spyrou Kyprianou, SK House, 4003 Limassol, Cyprus, support@udimi.com

VAT Number: CY10365448V, Register Number: CY10365448V

Posted 15 Mar 2021 at 16:56
Go up
Go down