Mobile traffic question - i'm confused

mobile traffic question - i'm confused
Randall Magwood
12 posts / 7 likes

Is it good or bad when you get alot of mobile traffic? I do have a responsive mobile website, and the email marketing funnel is setup good. I get alot of leads opting in to my mobile site squeeze page - but i want to know if mobile traffic buys well via email when it comes to digital products?

Should i CHECK the box that says "no mobile" if the percentage is more than 30% or 40%?

Posted 1 Sep 2016 at 17:03
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

if your site is responsive then nothing to worry about. This checkbox is for those who get bad results on mobile people

Posted 1 Sep 2016 at 18:37
Christopher Allen
15 posts / 7 likes

While I agree with the above response - I've found less SALES on my OTO from mobile devices. I suppose it makes sense as I'd say that I only make purchases from my laptop. Agree, disagree?

Posted 3 Sep 2016 at 19:13
Randall Magwood
12 posts / 7 likes

Christopher i've experienced this too when tracking my mobile sales. This has NOTHING to do with Udimi or any sellers. It only has to do with the nature of the business.

I've had very reputable sellers in the solo ad industry outside of Udimi send me LOTS of mobile traffic also. And of course, they've sent me LOTS of desktop/laptop traffic too.

The Desktop/Laptop traffic converts greatly, while i have gotten only 2 sales - from over 800 leads that were generated from my mobile phone responsive squeeze page - and mobile marketing campaign.

Well i'm just going to bite the bullet and click on the "No Mobile" filter when i order from now on. Udimi might actually be the greatest site on the internet when it comes to buying solo ads, because "glorified" solo ad sellers on their site & facebook groups give you NO OPTION to block mobile traffic, and only receive desktop traffic.

Thanks you guys both for the input.

Posted 3 Sep 2016 at 20:15
Christopher Allen
15 posts / 7 likes

I wasn't differentiating UDIMI vs Outside vendor traffic, but as a whole. Mobile traffic does not convert as high in terms of my offers. Its tough though, as 50%+ traffic via email solos IS in fact mobile - hence why you generally pay a premium for 100% desktop traffic. I sell on FB, and you can certainly specify only desktop, but you pay for it.

Posted 4 Sep 2016 at 02:06
Randall Magwood
12 posts / 7 likes

Christopher thanks for the insight. I think that offer for Prime will be worth it for me in the long run. I want to filter as much as possible cause i spent hard earned money on B.S. Even from "gurus" off of this site.

My mentor Bob Serling said when he buys mailing lists from the SRDS for direct mail, he always pay's through the nose for the most specific lists. But when he mails he makes a killing every time and winds up high in profit. Imma adopt that strategy here.

Thanks yall.

Posted 4 Sep 2016 at 17:17
Adam Croeseus
1 post / 1 like

It depends on a product you want to sell. There are major differences between desktop (laptop) and mobile users. First, people use to make rather small purchases on mobile (almost never a high-ticket decision). Secondly, on mobile, they're in rush most of the time (walking by the street, etc). The attention span on mobile is much shorter than on the desktop, etc. Just observe yourself using mobile and everything will be clear :)

Adam
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 04:15
Go up
Go down