Are we able to join lists of the people we purchase solos from?

Are we able to join lists of the people we purchase solos from?
George Kosch
44  / 2
10 posts / 12 likes

I was told this is not allowed. Seems strange to not be able to get on a list that your own solo will be sent to that you pay for. No?

I would like to purchase a solo, then ask to join the list of the vendor to see my own ad get posted.

Posted 21 Dec 2017 at 20:13
George Kosch
44  / 2
10 posts / 12 likes

One of the reasons I ask is because I purchased a solo. Vendor started it. I did some tracking and was not happy so he "stopped it". Strange because at that moment the clicks stopped and so did the optins. I say strange because when I "send" a solo it goes out to my entire list. I can't just stop it. People would click a link I sent out for at least a few hours even days.

If I hit send it goes to my list.

This guy simply "stopped". So did he login to everyones email box and delete the emails ha ha ha. Caught.

Hmm. So hence my question above.

Posted 21 Dec 2017 at 21:33
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Many solo ad providers use trackers that they can change the link and redirect the traffic somewhere else once the solo finishes. Also many solo ad providers have multiple lists and autoresponder accounts so being on one of the lists won't show you everything they send to their list. You can ask anyone you purchase from to add you to their list, some will and some won't.

Posted 22 Dec 2017 at 00:46
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

That's logical. You should have the right to join the list your ad is being sent to. If seller says it is not allowed, most likely he has no list or resells your traffic

Posted 22 Dec 2017 at 12:52
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

I think sellers should also have the right to decline adding the buyer to their list, and I can see why many sellers aren't interested in adding buyers to their list. There should be some level of privacy for sellers. Most sellers here already have many ratings that will tell you what kind of results to expect from their list, many sellers here have hundreds and thousands of reviews. Sometimes sellers don't want buyers on their list because of revealing competitive advantages. I think it would add extra time cost and stress for most sellers and extra unneeded questions and confusion to have every buyer joining their list and getting every email they send after and it would pull attention away from Udimi. Also most of the volume sellers here have multiple lists, and you wouldn't know which one they are adding you to. The current buying and selling system seems to be working well for the vast majority of Udimi members.

​Changing to force sellers to send the exact ad copy every time would be very rigid and strict. There should be some looseness and options for sellers to modify copy to their choosing like they currently can to fit subscribers how they know works for them. At some point too much strictness and rules starts to cause limitation and reduced sales for everyone.

Its threatening to have a Udimi buyer want to join your list so they can watch everything you send. This isn't a normal subscriber joining your list because they are interested in your offer, its someone that wants to watch everything you do so they can copy you and scrutinize your business. Transparency is good but forcing it is invasive. I don't think many sellers don't want a person joining their list just because they want to watch everything they send to their subscribers, they want subscribers interested in their niche topic, not people hiding in their list watching all their moves. Sellers don't want to add these kind of people to their list that aren't going to take any offers or interact with your offers like normal subscribers, they just want to spy on how you run your business. Sellers should have some privacy if they don't want to add you to their list, you don't have to buy from them, they shouldn't get punished for it.

Posted 22 Dec 2017 at 13:49
Andy Steele
281  / 1
52 posts / 42 likes
George Kosch on 21 Dec 2017 at 21:33

One of the reasons I ask is because I purchased a solo. Vendor started it. I did some tracking and was not happy so he "stopped it". Strange because at that moment the clicks stopped and so did the optins. I say strange because when I "send" a solo it goes out to my entire list. I can't just stop it. People would click a link I sent out for at least a few hours even days.

If I hit send it goes to my list.

This guy simply "stopped". So did he login to everyones email box and delete the emails ha ha ha. Caught.

Hmm. So hence my question above.

Most solo sellers use a tracker, very easy to pause your link and send the traffic elsewhere. Did you expect him to continue sending and still receive the clicks and get a refund?

Posted 22 Dec 2017 at 16:17
George Kosch
44  / 2
10 posts / 12 likes
Andy Steele on 22 Dec 2017 at 16:17

Most solo sellers use a tracker, very easy to pause your link and send the traffic elsewhere. Did you expect him to continue sending and still receive the clicks and get a refund?

Thanks for the note on this. I did keep clicking and the udimi link worked fine. It all got to me when 3 optins in a row had their names joined like

Joesmith

Barbarahuges

and about 5 minutes after I questioned it they suddenly came in with spaces. Also, the IP of these "signups" was not in my tracker or the one from Udimi. All other clicks were fine of course.

Anyways, onward we go...

Posted 22 Dec 2017 at 18:54
Go up
Go down