Newbie learning curve

Newbie learning curve
Jim F
2 posts / 2 likes

Brand new to solo ads...

What I've learned so far:

I had two solo ads going (purchased 100 on both, got 20% overdelivery on both) at the same time from two different sellers.

Currently I've had 37 double opt-ins to my list, and 32 waiting to be confirmed.

I didn't think to (or know how) set things up so I would know which opt-ins came from which seller. I'll be contacting support to learn how to do that...:-)

But so far, I think this is a pretty positive response from my first effort!

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jim

Posted 25 Jul 2018 at 13:42
Michael Kyle
176 posts / 29 likes
Jim F on 25 Jul 2018 at 13:42

Brand new to solo ads...

What I've learned so far:

I had two solo ads going (purchased 100 on both, got 20% overdelivery on both) at the same time from two different sellers.

Currently I've had 37 double opt-ins to my list, and 32 waiting to be confirmed.

I didn't think to (or know how) set things up so I would know which opt-ins came from which seller. I'll be contacting support to learn how to do that...:-)

But so far, I think this is a pretty positive response from my first effort!

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jim

Nice job Jim!

You might consider turning off double optin as it will greatly reduce the overall number of leads you get. Double optin will give you more action takers but the amount of leads you get from single optin out weighs that. You have 37 optins with 5 confirmed. That means that 32 have not started receiving your followup emails from your autoresponder. That first auto email that goes out immediately after optin is the most important one because you and your offer are fresh in their mind and they will remember you. If they didn't confirm that double optin, they will never see your followup. I hope that helps.

Posted 26 Jul 2018 at 00:39
Jim F
2 posts / 2 likes
Michael Kyle on 26 Jul 2018 at 00:39

Nice job Jim!

You might consider turning off double optin as it will greatly reduce the overall number of leads you get. Double optin will give you more action takers but the amount of leads you get from single optin out weighs that. You have 37 optins with 5 confirmed. That means that 32 have not started receiving your followup emails from your autoresponder. That first auto email that goes out immediately after optin is the most important one because you and your offer are fresh in their mind and they will remember you. If they didn't confirm that double optin, they will never see your followup. I hope that helps.

Thanks Michael!

Something else interesting...

I'm using Aweber for the list of 37 subscribers.

I sent a follow-up email 3 days after they opted in, and not ONE of them even got opened?

So I got on the horn with Aweber support and asked them if that was fishy, and they said it seemed unusual, but that the email I sent looked ok to them.

So I subscribed to my own list, and sent another email to the list, and I opened the email sent to me from it, but not ONE of the other 37 subscribers on the list opened that email either.

I'm beginning to think that the subscribers generated by the solo ads are bogus...

Thoughts?

Jim

Posted 29 Jul 2018 at 15:38
Go up
Go down