How does mobile segmentation work?

How does mobile segmentation work?
John Crestani
6 posts / 7 likes

I see that there are options as a solo ad buyer to segment traffic by mobile or desktop... how the heck does this work? How can solo ad sellers actually accomplish this?

When I am sending an email out to my lists through Sendgrid/Infusionsoft, I have absolutely no idea what device they will use to view that email.

Im either thinking that all desktop traffic is simply excluded and redirected OR sellers are simply buying clicks from click/optin farms in india or something? IF its the former, then where is the traffic redirected to? Nowhere?

Apologies in advance for all the questions/confusion!

Best,

JC

Posted 26 Feb 2020 at 22:09
Evi Young
800  / 9
140 posts / 81 likes
John Crestani on 26 Feb 2020 at 22:09

I see that there are options as a solo ad buyer to segment traffic by mobile or desktop... how the heck does this work? How can solo ad sellers actually accomplish this?

When I am sending an email out to my lists through Sendgrid/Infusionsoft, I have absolutely no idea what device they will use to view that email.

Im either thinking that all desktop traffic is simply excluded and redirected OR sellers are simply buying clicks from click/optin farms in india or something? IF its the former, then where is the traffic redirected to? Nowhere?

Apologies in advance for all the questions/confusion!

Best,

JC

Hi John,

Using a click tracking platform allows you to track all sort of clicks (and therefore, optimize all of your marketing efforts) including detecting mobile or desktop users.

eg. >> http://clickmagick.com/go/ryant21

Posted 26 Feb 2020 at 22:18
John Crestani
6 posts / 7 likes
Evi Young on 26 Feb 2020 at 22:18

Hi John,

Using a click tracking platform allows you to track all sort of clicks (and therefore, optimize all of your marketing efforts) including detecting mobile or desktop users.

eg. >> http://clickmagick.com/go/ryant21

I know that. Im wondering, is this the method used by the majority of sellers here?

And where do you redirect the rest of the traffic?

JC
Posted 26 Feb 2020 at 22:58
Ebusiness Traffic
33 posts / 14 likes

I redirect my filtered traffic to from all solos to Maxbounty offers. They convert there at about .10 per click. So I make money with them.

I send them to "life" offers....things like Walmart Cards, Travel discount things that anyone would be interested in.

I also have tested setting up surveys/questionnaires and then redirected people to specif offers on Maxbuounty based on their response. Works well. Getting $8-10 bucks per leads for Medicare offers is nice.

Maxbounty has treated me very well. Most of my traffic id sold via my website so I deliver more traffic then I sell... The balance I still make money with.

Ebiz
Posted 28 Feb 2020 at 14:41
Go up
Go down