This connection is not private

This connection is not private
Dale Eiermann
2 posts / 0 likes

When I tested my link I got a warning message advising me that the site may be stealing my info (not in those exact words). I clicked to go to the site anyway. When I tried it again I didn't get the message but then I wondered what others would see.

I decided to send the link to my email so I could see what I get from my phone. The message states "This connection is not private" "This website may be impersonating "my link" to steal your personal or financial information. You should close this page". I was going to write my link address in this note but I didn't know if I was allowed.

Thanks for your help,

Dale

Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 18:32
Bill Abbott
187  / 1
104 posts / 33 likes

If your e-mail is gmail you will get that message when you send things to yourself

Bill Abbott
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 21:19
Vitaly
1 post / 0 likes
Dale Eiermann on 26 Apr 2020 at 18:32

When I tested my link I got a warning message advising me that the site may be stealing my info (not in those exact words). I clicked to go to the site anyway. When I tried it again I didn't get the message but then I wondered what others would see.

I decided to send the link to my email so I could see what I get from my phone. The message states "This connection is not private" "This website may be impersonating "my link" to steal your personal or financial information. You should close this page". I was going to write my link address in this note but I didn't know if I was allowed.

Thanks for your help,

Dale

If your URL link begins with HTTP uses a basic type of “hypertext transfer protocol” you can get this warning.

Make sure that your site is using HTTPS (with encrypted connections) protocol. 

Without HTTPS, any data you enter into the site (such as your username/password, credit card or bank details, any other form submission data, etc.) will be sent plaintext and therefore susceptible to interception or eavesdropping. For this reason, you should always check that a site is using HTTPS before you enter any information.

Posted 27 Apr 2020 at 03:12
Max Udimi
44 posts / 20 likes

Dale, please go to the Help section and send the link to the support team. They will help you to check it.

Posted 27 Apr 2020 at 11:01
Dale Eiermann
2 posts / 0 likes

I used my Clickbank link instead and just highlighted plain text which seemed to work because when I saved it I did not get any message.

Posted 27 Apr 2020 at 23:00
Go up
Go down