Average Open Rate for Follow Up Emails

Average Open Rate for Follow Up Emails
William Tseng
2 posts / 0 likes

Hi there I am quite new to solo ads. I am wondering what a good open rate would be on the first follow up emails and also any broadcast emails I was quite disappointed seeing my first follow up emails only getting 5-10% opens. It seems very Low to what I would get through social media (around 30-50%) Any advice would be appreciated!

Posted 2 Jan 2021 at 17:41
Adam B.
85 posts / 27 likes
William Tseng on 02 Jan 2021 at 17:41

Hi there I am quite new to solo ads. I am wondering what a good open rate would be on the first follow up emails and also any broadcast emails I was quite disappointed seeing my first follow up emails only getting 5-10% opens. It seems very Low to what I would get through social media (around 30-50%) Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi William,

Landing a sale depends on your offer, how attractive it is to the potential customer, what benefits your offer to your audience etc. If you can find a seller that has an audience that matches what you offer you will get much better results.

You should be able to check the results of your campaign on the autoresponder connected to your landing page or in your website back office, depending on your setup.

Most of the sales come from follow up messages. Try to build a list by setting an opt-in page as your landing page to collect opt-in first and your sales page as a thank you page. Most people decide to buy after 4-5 exposures and most sales come from follow up sequences.

Posted 2 Jan 2021 at 18:53
William Tseng
2 posts / 0 likes

Hey Adam thanks for this but I was asking about average open rate for follow ups and not sales

Hey Adam thanks for this but I was asking about average open rate for follow ups and not sales

Posted 3 Jan 2021 at 03:40
Adam B.
85 posts / 27 likes
William Tseng on 03 Jan 2021 at 03:40

added laterHey Adam thanks for this but I was asking about average open rate for follow ups and not sales

Oh, I'm sorry about that.

Low email open rate is usually caused by email spam filters.

If you want to maximize the reach of your email marketing campaigns, you’ll need to do everything possible in order to avoid being flagged as spam.

Here are some best practices to keep your emails from falling into spam folders:

• Make sure all recipients have actually opted-in to receiving your emails.
  • Send your campaign from a good IP address; that is, an IP address that hasn’t been used by someone else who has sent spam in the past.
  • Send through verified domains.
  • Keep any code clean.
  • Use merge tags to personalize the “To:” field of your campaign.
  • Show subscribers how to whitelist your emails, and ask them to add you to their address book.
  • Avoid the excessive use of “salesy” language (these are spam trigger words like “buy”, “clearance”, “discount”, or “cash”).
  • Don’t “bait-and-switch” by using deceptive subject lines.
  • Include your location.
  • Include an easy way for subscribers to opt-out of your emails.

You can also contact us customer support on the https://udimi.com/help section if you have concerns about your solo ad orders.

Thank you.

Posted 3 Jan 2021 at 12:40
Suzannah Tay
18 posts / 7 likes

Hi William, I think above 10% would be considered a good open rate.

It depends very much on your autoresponder's deliverabilty as well.

SuE Tay
Posted 6 Jan 2021 at 00:23
Dean Lindler
3 posts / 1 like

10 to 14% open rate is about average for me from my list on aweber. I also have a list in Gmail's Gmas and I get about 25% opens.

When I mail from Gmail my messages don't go into the gmail promotional tab.

Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 17:56
Vusumuzi Lawrence Ntusi
2 posts / 0 likes

Hi William ,

You have to under stand that you're dealing with people and people have their own mind. And also you have to put into consideration that some people don't want to open your mail and some of them delete it.

Most importantly is that is your offer or product worth their time and money.

Imagine how many emails they get on a daily basis.

The other thing that you have to consider is that they don't really know you and so you have to build a relationship with them.

I've got so much to say but the above mentioned things should give an idea.

I hope this helps please feel free to inbox us or ask any questions to the platform , we here to help.

Posted 27 Jan 2021 at 07:15
Andrew David Barley
4 posts / 0 likes

My first email usually gets between 30%-45%, it all depends on what you are writing and what autoresponder you are using. Feel free to give me a message and I can take a look!

Posted 27 Jan 2021 at 16:33
Go up
Go down