Not opening follow up emails

Not opening follow up emails
Devin Daly
4 posts / 4 likes

It looks like only 2% of my opt ins are actually opening my follow up emails...

Any suggestions?

Devin Daly
Posted 21 May 2021 at 22:02
Shakil Parvez
225 posts / 40 likes
Devin Daly on 21 May 2021 at 22:02

It looks like only 2% of my opt ins are actually opening my follow up emails...

Any suggestions?

Hello Devin,

Only 2% of the follow-up email open rate is not usual. Please double-check your autoresponder's setup and make sure the emails hit to the recipient's inbox. If you want to maximise the reach of your email marketing campaigns, you’ll need to do everything possible in order to avoid being flagged as spam. Make sure the follow-up emails are not going into the junk/spam folders. It might be the reason to reduce the email opening rate.

Here are some best practices to keep your emails from falling into spam folders:

• Make sure all recipients have actually opted-in to receiving your emails.
  • Send your campaign from a good IP address; that is, an IP address that hasn’t been used by someone else who has sent spam in the past.
  • Send through verified domains.
  • Keep any code clean.
  • Use merge tags to personalise the “To:” field of your campaign.
  • Show subscribers how to whitelist your emails and ask them to add you to their address book.
  • Avoid the excessive use of “salesy” language (these are spam trigger words like “buy”, “clearance”, “discount”, or “cash”).
  • Don’t “bait-and-switch” by using deceptive subject lines.
  • Include your location.
  • Include an easy way for subscribers to opt-out of your emails.

You can also contact our customer support from the Help page section if you have questions regarding your solo ad orders.

Thank you.

Regards | Shakil
Posted 22 May 2021 at 00:55
Devin Daly
4 posts / 4 likes
Shakil Parvez on 22 May 2021 at 00:55

Hello Devin,

Only 2% of the follow-up email open rate is not usual. PLEASE DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR AUTORESPONDER'S SETUP AND MAKE SURE THE EMAILS HIT TO THE RECIPIENT'S INBOX. If you want to maximise the reach of your email marketing campaigns, you’ll need to do everything possible in order to avoid being flagged as spam. MAKE SURE THE FOLLOW-UP EMAILS ARE NOT GOING INTO THE JUNK/SPAM FOLDERS. It might be the reason to reduce the email opening rate.

Here are some best practices to keep your emails from falling into spam folders:

* Make sure all recipients have actually opted-in to receiving your emails.
* Send your campaign from a good IP address; that is, an IP address that hasn’t been used by someone else who has sent spam in the past.
* Send through verified domains.
* Keep any code clean.
* Use merge tags to personalise the “To:” field of your campaign.
* Show subscribers how to whitelist your emails and ask them to add you to their address book.
* Avoid the excessive use of “salesy” language (these are spam trigger words like “buy”, “clearance”, “discount”, or “cash”).
* Don’t “bait-and-switch” by using deceptive subject lines.
* Include your location.
* Include an easy way for subscribers to opt-out of your emails.

You can also contact our customer support from the HELP page section if you have questions regarding your solo ad orders.

Thank you.

Yes they are being flagged as spam, looks like I have some work to do, Thank you for your advice I will put it to good use

Devin Daly
Posted 22 May 2021 at 20:27
Robin Golofsky
1 post / 0 likes

I need a mentor... Someone I can possibly even copy at 1st to get started... I will pay... anyone interested?? Please help!! I'm just wasting money I don't have and I haven't made a thing!!

Posted 23 May 2021 at 03:35
Jan Francis Ugay
71 posts / 35 likes
Robin Golofsky on 23 May 2021 at 03:35

I need a mentor... Someone I can possibly even copy at 1st to get started... I will pay... anyone interested?? Please help!! I'm just wasting money I don't have and I haven't made a thing!!

Hi Robin,

You can try the Udimi Coaching Courses

Or go to the Home section and you will see the section as well.

See attach

Posted 23 May 2021 at 04:17
Billy Montes
58 posts / 44 likes

1st see if your sending domain or ip address is blacklisted. If yes, fix the issues or get a new domain.

2nd you need to set up your authenticate your domain.

If you still go to spam, test your content ie. subject and body copy.

And lastly, look at the traffic source as a possible issue.

Even a new autoresponder account could help. Most of the big companies are shared ip's.

Billy Montes
Posted 26 May 2021 at 03:35
Go up
Go down