My open rates are dreadful

My open rates are dreadful
Ibraheem Hussain
3 posts / 0 likes

Hello, I have bought 3 solo ads already for my new email list and have found that the new subscribers which I have recieved barely open a single email.

Maybe 5-10 open out of about 180 new subs.

Could someone tell me why my emails have such low opt in rates and what could be the problem with such unresponsive subscribers.

Ibraheem Hussain
Posted 6 Jun 2021 at 20:13
Adam B.
87 posts / 27 likes

Hi Ibraheem,

Your opt-in rate is very dependent on how interesting your offer is to your audience. It also has something to do with your email swipes. You can check how you can effectively compose your email swipes to make them more irresistible to your audience.

As to why you have low open email rates, it could have been sent to the spam folder of the individuals who received it. It also has something to do with how your email swipe was composed and the title of the email. This could happen if the composition/keywords of the title and swipe is not unique enough.

Customer Support
Posted 6 Jun 2021 at 21:24
Ibraheem Hussain
3 posts / 0 likes
Adam B. on 06 Jun 2021 at 21:24

Hi Ibraheem,

Your opt-in rate is very dependent on how interesting your offer is to your audience. It also has something to do with your email swipes. You can check how you can effectively compose your email swipes to make them more irresistible to your audience.

As to why you have low open email rates, it could have been sent to the spam folder of the individuals who received it. It also has something to do with how your email swipe was composed and the title of the email. This could happen if the composition/keywords of the title and swipe is not unique enough.

Hello there,

Thank you alot for the reply.

I have multiple days worth of autoresponders and they all seemed to have low open rates. However, when I checked the reports page on my autoresponder my open rate was about 40%, so maybe I was looking at the wrong stats.

What happened with a previous solo ad that I bought was that people were opting in but they were not even opening a single email, so it felt like I was totally blocked from reaching them.

I really don' t think that all my emails were sent to spam so what could be the issue there?

Ibraheem Hussain
Posted 7 Jun 2021 at 12:11
Adel
26 posts / 12 likes

Hey Ibraheem,

Adam gave you some good reasons why your open rates are low.

I can give you a few more to help you improve your email deliverability.

Did you try to import your new subscribers into a different autoresponder and see what happens?

1. First make sure you use a real name and domain. E.g succeedwithibraheem.com. Do not use Gmail.com or yahoo.com, etc. Buy your own domain name and set it as your default sender email address.

2. Next, you need to improve your domain reputation. In order to that, you have to add 2 pieces of information to your domain registrar.

The first info is the SPF, the Sender Policy Framework, which gives permission to your autoresponder to send emails on your behalf. It also confirms that you're the owner of this domain's email address.

The second info is called the DKIM, the Domain Keys Identified Mail. This certifies that the emails you're sending are not being modified during the sending process.

3. Make sure your emails do not look like spam.

Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc will scan your newsletters to detect if they are spammy or not. So be careful about your writing. Do not use too many capital letters, red color fonts, etc. Also, it would be better to cloak your affiliate links. I use Pretty Links for that.

E.g you can write something like: succeedwithibraheem.com/bluehost

You can check your email deliverability and spam score with specific tools. GetResponse has a built in feature to check that.

4. You also need to have good feedback from your subscribers. They have to enjoy reading your emails. If they hit the reply button, you'll get good points.

But if they delete your emails without even opening them or they marked them as spam, this will send negative signs to Gmail/Yahoo and decrease your deliverability.

5. Last but not least, you have to think about your list hygiene. For instance, you can remove subscribers that are not active for at least 6 months. You can also segment your list, and tag the subscribers who are the most engaged. Sending emails to these people will increase your deliverability score.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Posted 8 Jun 2021 at 19:25
Lia Malassa
36 posts / 32 likes

Maybe you could try to optin to your own list and see if your email goes to spam folder? Mostly the case is your autoresponder isn't good enough and don't have good IP reputation worthy to be seen.

Posted 9 Jun 2021 at 03:09
Ibraheem Hussain
3 posts / 0 likes

I really appreciate the advice. Thank you all.

I wanted to also ask, whether a budget of say $1000 would be enough to get my list running properly and be able to make a good return on my money, considering I am paying between $1-2 per sub.

Ibraheem Hussain
Posted 9 Jun 2021 at 18:02
Adel
26 posts / 12 likes

Hi Ibraheem,

You're asking if a budget of $1,000 is enough to run your business?

I think that's a good amount but you have to play long term. 

You should always keep growing your list and make sure you have a good ROI. 

Set up a good sales funnel and email sequence, promote exciting offers, give bonuses, etc. 

And of course you need high quality traffic. 

There are many moving parts here. 

So your success will depend on how you spend your money. You can burn money very fast or proceed step by step. 

I recommend you have a good money management. Be consistent when you buy traffic, don't over spend. Make sure you always test new exciting offers that you would buy yourself. 

I also recommend you promote low ticket as well as high ticket offers (several hundreds dollars commissions). 

Write to your list everyday. They must like, know and trust you. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers. 

Adel

Posted 10 Jun 2021 at 18:22
Go up
Go down