How To Write A Good Email

How To Write A Good Email
Billy Montes
58 posts / 44 likes

Here are 5 keys to writing a darn good email… Be yourself There are millions of people sending emails. Most suck. Most are corporate, robot-like, soulless drivel. Be you. Be clearly you. And the people that resonate with you will stick! There's only one you. And when you apply that to your writing nobody can copy or beat you. You'll always be in the lead. So, just be yourself. Tell stories Without getting all gimmicky. Stories are BIG. There’s no better way to get someone engaged than a good story. You don’t have to be Spielberg to tell a good story. Just keep your eyes open for them and let it rip! Talk about your day, your kids, your boss, whatever you want. Just don't be boring. Write to a friend Don’t write to “them” or “they.” Write your emails like you’re talking to ONE friend over a cup of coffee. Informal and personal is the name of the game. Edit later Then you can go back and clean it up later. Sometimes I don’t even re-read what I wrote. Want to churn out word after word? Edit later… Make an offer Don’t listen to the fake gurus mantra of “value, value, value” without ever asking for a sale. This ain’t a charity friend. Unless you just want to write for fun or a hobby…then by all means…don’t make an offer. For me…there’s a relevant offer or call to action tucked at the bottom of every email. Not a pitch, mind you…but an opportunity to take the next step. Rinse/repeat. Take these carefully tested methods and profit from email. You don’t have to be perfect…just keep getting better.

Posted 30 Jun 2021 at 18:43
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes

Thank you, great post!

Everything I can add is a suggestion to keep paragraphs 3 lines max. People are too lazy to read big chunks of text

Best regards, Uncle Dimitry.
Posted 30 Jun 2021 at 21:33
Billy Montes
58 posts / 44 likes

If it’s good and relevant, they will read. That being said, I do stick to that and I’m not sure why the formatting didn’t stick here. I’ll fix it when I’m on my pc Hey, thanks for commenting Uncle D

Updated:

Be yourself

There are millions of people sending emails. Most suck. Most are corporate, robot-like, soulless drivel. Be you. Be clearly you. And the people that resonate with you will stick! There's only one you. And when you apply that to your writing nobody can copy or beat you. You'll always be in the lead. So, just be yourself

Tell stories

Without getting all gimmicky. Stories are BIG. There’s no better way to get someone engaged than a good story. You don’t have to be Spielberg to tell a good story. Just keep your eyes open for them and let it rip! Talk about your day, your kids, your boss, whatever you want. Just don't be boring.

Write to a friend

Don’t write to “them” or “they.” Write your emails like you’re talking to ONE friend over a cup of coffee. Informal and personal is the name of the game. Edit later Then you can go back and clean it up later. Sometimes I don’t even re-read what I wrote. Want to churn out word after word? Edit later…

Make an offer

Don’t listen to the fake gurus mantra of “value, value, value” without ever asking for a sale. This ain’t a charity friend. Unless you just want to write for fun or a hobby…then by all means…don’t make an offer. For me…there’s a relevant offer or call to action tucked at the bottom of every email. Not a pitch, mind you…but an opportunity to take the next step.

Rinse/repeat.

Take these carefully tested methods and profit from email.

You don’t have to be perfect…just keep getting better.

Billy Montes
Posted 1 Jul 2021 at 03:46
Terence Connell
1 post / 1 like

Sounds good.

Posted 3 Jul 2021 at 23:59
Go up
Go down