Step Outside Of Your Comfort Zone. Thats What I do Everyday....And Never Looked Back!

Step Outside Of Your Comfort Zone. Thats What I do Everyday....And Never Looked Back!
Greg Prouse
469  / 1
13 posts / 13 likes

70% of professionals (or even more) have "imposter syndrome"

That feeling of stepping into unknown territory, not knowing everything, never doing that before, and uncertainties.

Am I good enough? Will they find out that I am not that good and that I am a fraud... These are some of the thoughts of self-doubt.

But with the way the world is evolving, is not change inevitable, meaning we will all be faced day after day with situations we have never experienced before? We will be developing the skills we did not have yesterday.

If that is the case... and the majority of the world experiences imposter syndrome, does it mean that there is something wrong with us all?

NO - what is wrong is calling it imposter syndrome and making it look like whoever experiences it has a major problem and should cure it.

We know that growth and magic happen outside of our comfort zone, so "that feeling of discomfort caused by rapid growth and significant achievement" happens when we grow.

So, let's stop calling it imposter syndrome and start calling it "growth discomfort," which shall pass as we take intentional actions to develop further in areas we may yet have skills, knowledge, or experience.

By reframing it, it feels better and like a natural part of the evolution and growth in a world that is changing rapidly.

Are you with me? Contact me, send me a message and lets talk about your business.

Greg Prouse
Posted 27 Jan at 02:26
Robin Robinson
16 posts / 4 likes

I think, "growth discomfort", is a accurate term. Everyone had to learn a new skill from somewhere. And sometimes when you take on a new skill it fits like a hand in glove that fits perfectly. I wouldn't call it "imposter syndrome" at all.

Robin Robinson
Posted 27 Jan at 21:17
Go up
Go down