Suggestions and Ideas
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

Post your Udimi improvement ideas here

Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 12:23
Craig Raphael
192  / 6
21 posts / 19 likes

I expressed a concern in a post earlier but since you are offering suggestions, here are mine.

I had several buyers that, for whatever reason, have not chosen to rate me. They have not rated me poorly or positively. When you are first starting out and dealing with the "newbie safe", this becomes really problematic. In my case, I had completed the solos for these people and then asked them to rate me. Some responded claiming the solo went well but they had "forgotten" to rate me in the time perimeters set. The time elapsed, I got no rating, and therefore, had my funds were held longer than necessary.

So I had completed the solo in my time perimeters, asked them to rate me, got feedback in messages that the solo went well and that they would rate me, they didn't rate me and I was, in essence, not paid for what I did in a timely fashion all because they didn't use the rating system set forth.

My proposal is that a buyer should be given a specific amount of time to rate the seller and if they do NOT rate the buyer poorly in that time frame, the system should give a positive rating to the seller by default. This way, when a buyer starting out does all that THEY can do by following the guidelines, completing the solo in the perimeters set forth and asking the buyer to rate them....will not have funds held up due to the buyers lack of inactivity. To add fuel to the fire, all of these buyers got positive ratings from ME because I DID use the rating system set forth. So they got their solo, got a positive rating and I was over here not getting paid for my work because they chose not to rate me in a timely fashion.

I got beyond this so now it doesn't matter but when you have $200-$300 being held from you and you NEED those ratings to get paid for the work you've done, it is REAL important. Nothing is more disheartening when you are starting out, doing the right thing and following the rules and can't get paid for it because of someone else's lack of participation in using the system you set forth for them to use.

My 2nd suggestion is this....

For those like me that sold solos in Safe Swaps prior to Udimi and had hundreds of positive ratings there, it should be automatic that those ratings carry over to Udimi. I didn't know that this was a possibility to transfer them until another Udimi member told me about it in order to get over my initial "newbie safe" problem. It is a viable option and would eliminate those who have sold solos for years successfully to be bound to the "newbie safe" thing.

In reality, I had sold solos for 5 years and I am a hall of famer in Safe Swaps so starting out here in Udimi and having to deal with the "newbie safe" thing was a little disheartening as well. I already had a proven track record.

My 3rd suggestion is this....

If a new person is going to have a "newbie safe", it should be disclosed PRIOR to selling their first solo. I found out about the "newbie safe" thing AFTER I sold my first solo and was not happy about finding it out this way. Once you accept a solo sell and start it, you are literally FORCED to have to deal with this and in MY case, I had a way around it by way of my previous track record I mentioned at Safe Swaps. Had I known about it PRIOR to the sell, I could have had my ratings transferred from SS long beforehand.

I'd like to point out that I understand the need and purpose of the newbie safe. I'm not saying that I disagree with it either but in my case, I felt like it was uncalled for that I should be subject to it due to my previous ratings in Safe Swaps. So had I known about the newbie safe ahead of time and if my ratings were to be automatically transferred like I propose, I could have avoided all of my issues with the "newbie safe".

I have spoken to other members of Udimi that also have funds tied up that they can't collect on because of the same exact scenario that I was in. They didn't know about the newbie safe until after they sold their first solo, they had buyers that wouldn't rate them and there funds sit there, despite the fact that they have a track record previously and that they also were dealing with buyers that wouldn't rate for some reason.

So having automatic transfer of ratings from Safe Swaps if you have them and knowing and understanding the newbie safe thing PRIOR to selling solos would improve this system in my opinion. It would also eliminate new sellers from having their funds withheld due to nonresponsive or irresponsible buyers. If a buyer opts to NOT use the rating system, I don't feel like the seller should take the impact of their actions. If they have say 2 weeks to rate the seller and don't rate them poorly, I think it is reasonable to assume that they are happy with the solo and just aren't rating them for some reason so the system should give the seller a positive rating at that point.

Thanks for reading and listening. Any of you members that understand and/or agree with this proposal, make sure and let them know about it. That's why he is asking :)

Sincerely,

Craig

Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 13:45
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

With UDIMI and Safe-swaps in my case at least you either transferred over to here once it was opened up or stayed there and be in both systems and basically informed admin to transfer also your previous ratings and HOF status etc from SS so I suppose now that its a while since that transfer offer I guess not telling anybody about it anymore so I would assume person transferring like now wouldn't have any idea should have been a notice in Safe-swaps telling person not just a thread but a notice on the front page permanently I would call it an incentive even now so many months after this started? Just my two bobs worth... Rick Ling

Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 14:14
Craig Raphael
192  / 6
21 posts / 19 likes

Yes Rick. I was unaware of the newbie safe or the ability to transfer previous ratings from Safe Swaps. This is why I believe this should be disclosed up front to all new Udimi members if not automatically taken care of. Knowing these things ahead of time though is a necessity in my opinion.

Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 14:17
Arjan Van Hemert
39 posts / 7 likes

I think it would be a nice feature that after a solo ad listing is over after two weeks and becomes inactive, you only make one easy payment to activate it and you don't have to fill in a complete new solo ad listing but just activate the previous one or edit it slightly. Hope you boys and girls understand my Dutchy English ;)

Posted 15 Feb 2015 at 08:25
Adrian Costan
1476  / 4
23 posts / 8 likes

@Arjan, that is already possible. Just go on your expired thread and click the "Reopen" button.

Posted 15 Feb 2015 at 12:25
Arjan Van Hemert
39 posts / 7 likes

Thanks Adrian. I didn't know that. Have a Great Day!

Is it possible to put your account on vacation mode?

Posted 16 Feb 2015 at 18:49
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

The function is known as a 'bump' a thread button should be below expired or current threads...

Posted 17 Feb 2015 at 10:02
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Uncle D,

2 Time Saving Suggestions:

1. As you did on SS I think about it would also be nice here to post the solo size on the swipe page.

2. When leaving feedback please set the default to THUMBS UP. I would save an extra click when leaving feedback. And when you have 20 feedbacks in a row to leave that all adds up.

Cheers, Heather

3. Also, allow editing of posts :) I hate only finding typos after the fact. ^^^^ "I think about it would"

Posted 18 Feb 2015 at 16:20
Jason Coleman
56  / 2
34 posts / 10 likes

would be nice to see a way to confirm my list even though i dont use getresponse or aweber but i guess that depends on the api of whatever autoresponder is being used.

Posted 18 Feb 2015 at 22:16
Bud Coronet
2 posts / 1 like

I apologize if this has been brought up before. It would be nice if buyers can buy more than 1K a day from any particular seller they want to buy from. I'm sure it's a nice perk for sellers as well.

Thanks for the consideration. Bud

Posted 19 Feb 2015 at 00:52
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Bud,

I like your suggestion however my guess is that the cap is in place for fraud protection purposes. I also believe there are very few sellers here that can deliver that kind of unique, consistent traffic in 24 hours anyway.

Posted 19 Feb 2015 at 18:45
Bud Coronet
2 posts / 1 like

Heather - maybe increase the cap for sellers with a certain "Udimi verified" numbers. Example, if a seller only has 15k list, he/she won't be able to deliver more than 1k. So maybe this should be something that's approved on a case by case basis.

Posted 20 Feb 2015 at 20:04
Joseph Wilson
1 post / 0 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 11 Feb 2015 at 12:23

See attach

Maybe have one single referral link that automatically gives a commission cor referring users no matter who they buy from. If I send people over here to a certain seller but they decide to use sumeone else I don't get the commission right?

Posted 21 Feb 2015 at 14:37
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 11 Feb 2015 at 12:23

See attach

Udimi Movers & Shakers why can't it be top 10 buyers and seller because a lot are not getting recognized for there hard work

Posted 23 Feb 2015 at 04:50
Jesus Leon
32 posts / 19 likes

Great suggestion Liz, I'm usually in 9th!

Posted 23 Feb 2015 at 13:30
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

Yeah expanding the list to Top Ten would work -- Give others something to work to?

Posted 23 Feb 2015 at 13:45
Jason Coleman
56  / 2
34 posts / 10 likes

in the message chains, there should be more spacing or a <hr /> between the replies as its kinda hard to see where the previous message ends and new begins, looks like they run together if you are not looking carefully.

would be cool if it was easier to find people willing to send my solo TODAY instead of however long to wait until their next spot open... of course this would have to be only for sellers who mark "today" as wide open and are willnig to accept a buyer really fast but hey some days im sitting here wishin i had a solo to send and vice versa wishing i could send one same day you know/

Posted 25 Feb 2015 at 22:46
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Jason Coleman on 25 Feb 2015 at 22:46

See attach

there are seller that do the same day like i do

Posted 25 Feb 2015 at 22:49
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

thanks for great comments and suggestions, folks! Most of them will be added to the system and you'll see them live soon.

Keep them coming!

Note: please don't make offtopic posts in this thread, because they will be removed.

Posted 4 Mar 2015 at 23:47
Raymond Widjaja
16  / 1
3 posts / 3 likes

I would like to be able to view the log of clicks recorded by UDIMI. When there is a discrepancy, we can verify what is gone through the UDIMI counter vs sents

Posted 5 Mar 2015 at 04:05
Go up
Go down