Suggestions and Ideas
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

Post your Udimi improvement ideas here

Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 12:23
Adrian Costan
1476  / 4
23 posts / 8 likes

I think the possibility to be able to change the link in the swipe should be added. I have a solo from about 2 weeks ago where the buyer says he wasn't ready yet and messaged me a couple of days ago that I can start the traffic but to a new link. Now I have to refund him + pay the refund fee + refund rate going up on my profile + (-1000 points) and in my opinion that isn't fair at all.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 10:20
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Adrian Costan on 12 Jun 2015 at 10:20

See attach

this feature is in our "to do" list already. Will be available soon

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 15:35
Matthew T
12 posts / 5 likes

I think an added feature to have solo ad vendors take a screen shot of the exact solo ad that was sent out would be beneficial to ensure the traffic and swipe is targeted and not some generic or rotator solo ad. Also if buyers list is claimed , have them somehow prove it. Another suggestion would be to make it mandatory for each vendor to prove their list size.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 15:43
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 12 Jun 2015 at 15:35

See attach

@Uncle Dimitry - I kindly ask that you only allow buyers to edit their own links. I don't want to be responsible for managing buyer links other then the Udimi tracking link you provide. Also when they edit will the tracking link be the same? How will we know that a change has taken place?

@Matthew - Your suggestion is totally impracticable for large sellers. Moreover, it is NOT CLICK MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE that is the problem. It is how people use it which is the issue. Also, why do you think someone wouldn't just Photoshop the image?

Your best bet is to scrutinize feedback.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 16:15
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

I appreciate all being done by Uncle D -- but there has to be balance -- the sellers are pounded all the time and like Matthew's suggestions in my opinion are excessive

What would I as an established Solo Seller with excellent feedback and results for my buyers and other buyers such as Chris Mollo Liz Hall Heather, Nicole etc need to be jumping through hoops for .38c a click

All you will do is drive sellers away or increase prices due extra work ........

I could show you affiliate accounts with $10,000+ earned but why should I prove that to anyone ?

To take screenshots of swipes in Autoresponders requires third party access and this is against the TOS of Autoresponders, I have been around long enough to remember the hoo ha at Safe Swaps and nearly lost my account over it ....... and only got it back on the understanding I did not give access to anyone else .....

That is why my lists show unverified but my results as do the others speak for themselves ....... or if I had a verified list of 100,000 but crap results it would make buyer feel better?

Given that some vendors have mulitple lists on various platforms it would not be benificial ---

I could also send you 1000 buyers but the offer is crap -- is that the sellers fault --- you are buying clicks not sales ......

Just my 2 cents, and thanks again Uncle D but buyers remember the other side of the coin without quality sellers there is also no site or service, myself and others have helped make this site what it is ....... should not be all about the buyer ...... :)

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 16:18
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Tommy Mclaughlin on 12 Jun 2015 at 16:18

See attach

BINGO! All buyers have to do is read feedback it's the single best method to ascertain overall quality. Ebay/Amazon relies on it and they are far larger then Udimi.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 16:31
Matthew T
12 posts / 5 likes

I think being in this business feedback is very 1 dimensional and is not entirely accurate that's why it's always smart to test small. It's correct that it depends on how things are on the buyers end as well. However in many cases I've seen solo ad vendors with so called "good reputation" and feedback only to realize their list isn't what it's all hyped up to be. Feedback can easily be forged and manipulated in this industry/ Often solo ad sellers not sending "real" solo ads but instead using generic/deceptive/rotator solo ads just to get the click. A solo ad is one thing and one thing only and that is a "one targeted ad" from a seller. How is it fair for a buyer to be paying for a "solo" ad when their are 5 other ads on some generic ad copy? Sounds like a rip off? How does using deceptive tactics create trust?

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 16:48
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

Matthew have you seen the Udimi Filters ? What you describe would be picked up by the lovely Udimi filters and the buyer would not pay for those clicks ......

I find it slightly offensive that you give the impression that all sellers are using deceptive tactics ......

I also note you have no feedback as yet, have you purchased solos on Udimi as yet, to test them?

Believe me there is very little chance of feedback being forged here ...... if anything Uncle D and Udimi are TOO much on Buyers side than Sellers

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 17:04
Matthew T
12 posts / 5 likes
Tommy Mclaughlin on 12 Jun 2015 at 17:04

See attach

A click is a click if it's unique even if it means the click is untargeted from an untargeted swipe is what I am trying to explain. Some of these solo ad vendors primary business is to sell solo ads and it's not right for a buyer to be paying for a solo ad that is getting sent to 10 other people at the same time. I've purchased several solo ads from here and from many other places as I've been around for awhile. I'm not generalizing all solo ad sellers as there are some trustworthy sellers. A solo ad sellers job is simple : Sell 1 targeted solo ad with a unique amount of clicks and live up to their promise. How is it right for a buyer to buy traffic from someone sending your offer on a generic rotator? Someone who uses questionable tactics? It's about creating a trusting environment.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 17:18
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

I get that but you are unlikely to find these tactics on here and it is not right unless you were paying for funnel clicks ..... If anything it is clear that Udimi is a trusted resource for solos and very PRO Buyer as was proved when accepted that the filters were filtering good clicks as well as 'proper' clicks .... so how benefits but the buyer as seller has to send extra to make the solo order ...... I would also echo Heather that Feedback is a good indicator on here .......

Wish you the best Matthew and what you are describing you will find on Skype and Facebook Groups not Udimi ....... and if some bad egg were to use questionable tactics you will find that they will not be on Udimi long and Buyer gets the refund .......

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 17:24
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Matthew T on 12 Jun 2015 at 16:48

See attach

1. A single feedback is 1 dimensional 100's are not. That is why there is a probationary period here for all new sellers.

2. It would be very difficult to have a FEEDBACK CONSPIRACY here as the messaging system is monitored.

3. You keep harping on "rotators" but from your posting it doesn't seem you understand technically how they operate and why they might be used. Click Management software is actually a benefit to the buyers when used correctly.

4. Did it ever occur to you that issues related to poor performance might be because the offer and swipe SUCK?

5. If you feel there is trickery or fraud going on you can always contact support. They ban people for games.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 17:37
Matthew T
12 posts / 5 likes
Heather Alessandra on 12 Jun 2015 at 17:37

See attach

The bottom line is using untargeted rotator swipes is not a real solo ad. Having 5 other ads in an email with and bonus and p.s ads is not a real solo ad either.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 17:41
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Matthew Trujillo,

All the big players like Igor Kheifets, John Cornetta all use generic MMO swipes with their solos.

Using your analogy a sales page wouldn't be a REAL sales page when it doesn't have a headline that specifically corresponds to the product or it's missing social proof or it doesn't have a video.

The real dirty secret is that most people's swipes are filled with PURE SPAM, errors and are not designed for optimal CTR.

So should a seller for .40 cents a click spend hours rewriting swipes or use something that is proven to perform actually better?

As a buyer I want to a seller to do everything in their power to give me the best possible solo at the best possible price.

And by the way "GENERIC" swipes are NOT UNTARGETED. They just may not use keywords related SPECIFICALLY to your offer. And they are designed for SUPERIOR CTR. It's not like sellers send swipes about weight loss to make money online offers. Now that would be wrong.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 19:12
Nicole K
1037  / 7
46 posts / 38 likes

I don't know about using generic MMO swipes. Isn't the buyer paying money so you send their ad copy which is specific for their url link? I don't think buyers want random clicks just to get clicks unless they like that. They are paying big bucks for clicks so it should be super target to what they are offering...yes the clicks will come in very slow because it is very target but at least they are getting clicks from people who are really interested in what they offer. Right now the way udimi is set up I am spamming my list because of the filters...subscribers are redirected to seller's landing page or udimi.com which is why I stopped selling solos. It looks like I'm tricking my subscribers when I send them to a completely different landing page. It should be an option for sellers if they want the filtered traffic to go to buyer or seller's landing page. If not, at least sellers should have the option to put a different overdelivery/filter landing page for each solo so at least I'm sending something related to the offer. If my subscriber opens 3 different emails and always ends up on my seller's landing page because they are blocked by the filter then they will just unsubscribe.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 20:09
Matthew T
12 posts / 5 likes
Heather Alessandra on 12 Jun 2015 at 19:12

See attach

Your job as a solo ad seller is to sell targeted clicks not sell mystery driven unresponsive garbage clicks just to have a complete order. On your end you will have created clicks and gotten paid which is good for you, of course. However, that is only at the expense of your buyers and visitors. The person who is buying is putting in all the risk in return for low opt in rate with little to no OTO and follow up sales how is that right? At least if you're going to do that post on your page " Your ad will be sent on a untargeted rotator and will be listed with 5 other offers" that way people are well aware of the type of clicks they will be buying.

Posted 12 Jun 2015 at 21:48
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Sending SPAMMY, poorly written swipes is the quickest way to burn out a list and make it unresponsive! I refuse to do it!

In fact a lot of the poor results are because sellers keep hammering their list with SPAM thinking they are helping when it reality it is hurting. Because nobody wants to read that shit.

But beyond that my results speak for themselves. Over 800+ positive feedbacks with massive optins and sales. Tons of repeat buyers. Go read them for yourself. All third party all independent!

I want all my customers to succeed and you can't do it if your constantly sending SPAM.

Here this is an example from today. I can't do anything with that swipe! And I am not here to give a clinic on swipe writing. I get these all day long.

See attach

Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 02:16
Sam Farnham
15 posts / 8 likes

Country specific traffic would be great (eg Canada Only, etc).

Posted 14 Jun 2015 at 15:51
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

I'm not too big on the fact that buyers no longer are required to leave a comment when they rate sellers. A lot of buyers use those comments to decide whether or not they will purchase. I like the fact that buyers would often state the opt-in rates they got and whether or not they made sales from my solos. Now all I'm getting as a comment is "Good seller."

That's all well and good, but it doesn't really describe the buyers experience. I don't think it's a good thing for either the buyer or the seller. I think if you are going to have the most accurate feedback possible, then both and sellers should be required to leave their own comments, and not a generalized one such as "Good seller."

I have no problem with the rating bar coming up on the bottom of the screen like it does now. In fact, that's a good thing because it reminds buyers and sellers to rate their solos. But they should also have to leave their own comments.

Posted 16 Jun 2015 at 10:08
Sam Farnham
15 posts / 8 likes

^ Yes, definitely. If people say how many clicks, how many Tier 1 , how many sales, the optin rate, etc, that would be helpful. I know results depend on our individual offers but they would still be a useful guide.

Posted 16 Jun 2015 at 12:02
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Christopher Mollo on 16 Jun 2015 at 10:08

See attach

comment has never been a requirement, but we will change that window to improve commenting experience.

Thanks for your suggestions

Posted 16 Jun 2015 at 19:24
Go up
Go down