7 Free CASE STUDY Tips To Boost Open Rates With Subject Lines (And Its NOT What You Think)

7 Free CASE STUDY Tips To Boost Open Rates With Subject Lines (And Its NOT What You Think)
Kelvin Chan
18 posts / 34 likes

Hi guys,

So today I decided to do a quick study on subject lines based on my follow up series across the different IM lists that I have and wanted to share them with you.

Hopefully, this will assist you get higher open rates, click rates and thus sales (HINT: It will be nice if you send a tip when you get extra sales from implementing any of the below … haha!)

Ok here we go (with actual examples)…

Tip #1) Use Curiosity / Ambiguity but not too often

+ “…, 3Ps & 3Ds” + “…, K, L & T”

Tip #2) Use Strong, Positive Keywords

+ “Welcome to…” (I’ve studied many of the 1st emails by major organizations around the world…) + “[2 CASE STUDIES]” + “Free” + “Open” + “Personal Tips”

Tip #3) Avoid Negative Keywords / Phrase

+ “Your” / “You” (?) + “Final” (?) + “How To Truly” (?) + “Structuring Your Business” (Keep language as simple & casual as possible)

? – Means I’ve seen enough data to share this but would like to further test it

Tip #4) Using Your Personal Name

+ First time I used it, there was a dip in open rates (But after that it’s good ONLY if you’re delivering good value & using your name relatively often)

Additional Bonus Tips:

Tip #5) Use numbers in subject lines whenever feasible as they are specific by nature & people like certainty to a degree

Tip #6) Avoid using words your subscribers may not understand or be in their lingo

Tip #7) It’s not about you… it’s about THEM! :)

Now go apply and test.

Posted 25 Mar 2015 at 11:00
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

Hey Kelvin like your tips and all so true but can you clarify what these are lol... ---- + “…, 3Ps & 3Ds” + “…, K, L & T” ---- Thanks.. Rick Ling

Posted 25 Mar 2015 at 13:05
Kelvin Chan
18 posts / 34 likes

Hi Rick, PMed you. :)

Posted 25 Mar 2015 at 16:28
Cornel Dacosta
3 posts / 0 likes

Hi Kelvin, I also like your tips, but have no idea what the following are; + “…, 3Ps & 3Ds” + “…, K, L & T”

Please clarify so that a newbie like me can learn. Thanks.

Cornel DaCosta

Posted 25 Mar 2015 at 22:05
Kelvin Chan
18 posts / 34 likes

Hi Cornel, all,

Evidently quite a few people asked about the examples in tip #1. It wasn't meant to be "deciphered" within the context of this sharing but simply to state the principle of using curiosity & ambiguity (but again, not too often).

As said, using these sparingly within the subject lines of my follow up series worked a treat in increasing open rates but I'll share what these represent in any case.

They are... 3Ps - Passion, Performance, Purpose 3Ds - Desire, Design, Destiny K, L, T - Know, Like & Trust

Here is a latest example of how top marketers like Russell Brunson use this principle:

(Bullet point) Boobs VS Oboma - which one wins?

Trust this assists. :)

Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 09:06
Go up
Go down