Spam Filter Revisited - Suggestion For IMPROVEMENT!

Spam Filter Revisited - Suggestion For IMPROVEMENT!
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Uncle D,

The truth is that even when using 100% Safe Swap traffic many of us are experiencing high filter rates.

I believe the filter in it's current format is removing too many potentially good clicks in an effort to remove 100% of the bad ones.

So here is what I propose.

Let sellers decide which filtering methods to offer. Then let them charge an appropriate markup.

For example:

None - All clicks but no duplicate IPs Light - None + proxy traffic WHEN proxy traffic is greater then 15% of solo. Medium - Light + All Proxy Traffic Extreme - Spamhaus listed IPs, Fake PC, Robots and all other flags.

This would give all buyers and seller more traffic options and may even lead to overall higher average price per click here on Udimi. People like options :)

What do you think?

Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 18:13
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Heather Alessandra on 13 Apr 2015 at 18:13

See attach

i agree the lastest filter blocking the opt-ins as well and it not accurate

Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 18:21
Lucious Morrison
573  / 28
6 posts / 1 like

This has always been a problem on SS/Udimi that I would love to see fixed.

Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 18:29
Ann Jones
1258  / 4
4 posts / 3 likes

I agree with Heather for sure as I've noticed this too. Not seen the issue Liz is talking about ...(yet). To give you an idea I use self hosted software (Interspire) and I often get anywhere form 30-50% filtered clicks. I hope something can be done? also the filtered used in safe-swaps seems to be "kinder" ?

Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 18:36
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Ann Jones on 13 Apr 2015 at 18:36

See attach

I believe the SS filter is the same but Uncle D will need to clarify.

My point is if you are using 100% traffic that was previously filter with SS and then turn around use it to either fill another swap or solo then then filter rate should be very small.

I have tested it and it does not appear to be the case.

And by the way there are some very legit reasons that one would want to use unfiltered traffic.

1. To split test under normal traffic conditions. 2. To boost Alexa rankings at an affordable price 3. To improve bounce rate for SEO at an affordable price 4. Because the traffic performs better then filtered.

The assumption has been made here that filtered converts higher then unfiltered. I don't know of that really is true.

I sell unfiltered on my website and get tons of sales reported back.

You could also have a Extreme Filtered T1 option.

Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 19:00
Dana Solo
3385  / 25
1 post / 2 likes

I agree with this 100% "I believe the filter in it's current format is removing too many potentially good clicks in an effort to remove 100% of the bad ones" Something just does not seem right filtered clicks seem to be extremely high. I'm not sure what has changed but when I first started it was not even close to as high as it is now.

Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 20:17
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

And one more thing I thought about as well. I am not sure if Uncle D you are aware. But here in the USA we have been haunted by revelations that the National Security Agency, NSA is literally recording all our email and phone calls as well all foreign inbound traffic. Google, Yahoo, Bing all cooperate with them now.

My point is more legit people especially here in the USA are using PROXY.

Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 20:22
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Dana Solo on 13 Apr 2015 at 20:17

See attach

I think it's the addition of the Spamhaus.org filtering.

Uncle D are you using the Zen list? The combo one?

My guess is that Spamhaus penalizes IPs that are in a DHCP pool. It doesn't distinguish. So when you get a spammer rotating IPs on a DSL line or even LTE they penalize that IP but the spammer knows to drop it and get a new one.

So a legit person picks the IP up and has no clue that its on Real Time Blackhole lists.

Based on that

Posted 13 Apr 2015 at 20:31
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Heather Alessandra on 13 Apr 2015 at 19:00

See attach

not sure if this is actually an improvement.

All traffic still lands on buyer's site and user get benefits from all 4 points. In addition, all traffic, which filter doesn't like, is listed on "filtered" page and buyer can see it.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 14 Apr 2015 at 09:29
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

Doesn't fill the order though to get pd and sending 150% to fill orders is bad too??? Buyers paradise but not so for sellers a nightmare that's the bottom-line....

Posted 14 Apr 2015 at 14:20
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Rick Ling on 14 Apr 2015 at 14:20

See attach

why 150% ? Only 100% of quality traffic. These "extra" 50% are useless or fake and buyers don't have to pay for them. If your traffic counter counts these clicks as 'valid', then you might wish to change it to something better.

"Udimi. Buyer's paradise" - a good slogan. Thanks, Rick

By the way, Heather's idea about filter levels is a good idea. I'll discuss it with techs ASAP. This way we can give sellers an option to deliver shit traffic (in my humble opinion) and still get paid for it, if buyer is so generous.

Best, Uncle Dimitry. Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 14 Apr 2015 at 14:29
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Uncle D,

Yes there are people that want really cheap shit traffic! LOL I am glad to hear we will be able to eventually give it to them.

You should make all sellers enter a base rate for totally unfiltered clicks.

Then allow them to decide what level of filtering to participate in and what the markup should be.

"Udidmi. Solo Buyer's Paradise" - Better slogan ;)

Thanks for listening Uncle D. It shows how dedicated you are to everyone's success.

- Heather

Posted 14 Apr 2015 at 18:17
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

:)

Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 01:15
Ann Jones
1258  / 4
4 posts / 3 likes

:) Nice

Posted 17 Apr 2015 at 20:30
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Uncle D,

Any updates on this?

Thanks,

-Heather

Posted 12 May 2015 at 01:01
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 14 Apr 2015 at 14:29

See attach

yes i like update since it seems like the filter clicks have increase the last few day so much so some of the seller can't finish there clicks in time

Posted 12 May 2015 at 06:20
Vincent Craine
17 posts / 5 likes

I agree, it is out of control and if this is not fixed soon- many will leave UDIMI. I had my list cleaned w/ impressionwise and I still get about 30-40% filtered on a 100 click solo. The process is broken and needs to be fixed asap/ many people are ready to walk because of this issue. What was profit is now turning into a deficit.

Posted 13 May 2015 at 17:40
Udimi Team
21 posts / 14 likes

This is a low priority feature, which will be completed in the near future, but not very fast, so stay tuned

Posted 13 May 2015 at 19:15
Phillip Berkun
2 posts / 1 like

Heather's idea certainly has merit. I hope even as a noob, I contribute something useful to this discussion. The number of terms with which I am not familiar in Heather's brief 4 points as they relate to one another comes to a total of 8 for me -- yes I'm a genuine noob. So I hope that if you choose to implement a plan like this, that you provide a simple explanation for what each of the levels of filtering actually accomplishes that is beneficial to the sellers, the buyers, and Udimi. Cheers Friends, Phil Berkun The Grumpiest Old Marketer on the Internets

Posted 13 May 2015 at 23:54
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Vincent Craine on 13 May 2015 at 17:40

See attach

Last month I cleaned with both Towerdata and Impressionwise and it has not moved the needle too much in terms of filtering.

But I guess the good news is that something is potentially in the works. 3 cheers for that!

Posted 14 May 2015 at 01:18
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Phillip Berkun on 13 May 2015 at 23:54

See attach

Don't focus on terminology too much as that was to mainly get my point across at a higher level to Udimi.

The basic idea is to allow buyers to purchase traffic from seller much like they would purchase an airplane ticket.

First Class Business Class Coach Plus Coach

They all get you to the same destination in the end but have different levels of comfort and perks while the flight is in process.

Will there be a movie on this flight?

Posted 14 May 2015 at 01:29
Go up
Go down