Sellers, we need your opinion

Sellers, we need your opinion
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

Hi All,

we are planning to create a widget to allow booking solos right from your website. It will show available dates right from your calendar and all solos will go to Udimi also.

Udimi will not add own fee to your click price on these orders. The only charge buyer will pay is $2 for payment protection and click filter.

This small feature can also help you to prevent overbooking.

I need to know if anybody actually goes to use this function or not. I mean replacing own "Buy now" buttons with Udimi button/calendar.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 14 May 2015 at 20:20
Jason Coleman
56  / 2
34 posts / 10 likes

yay!!! yes yes yes yes yes i love this idea cannot wait!!!!

Posted 14 May 2015 at 21:00
Boris Ribadeneira
5 posts / 1 like

good idea !

Posted 14 May 2015 at 22:44
Carl Topping
4 posts / 2 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 14 May 2015 at 20:20

See attach

This is similar idea to solo checker. It seems to work well so why not :)

Posted 15 May 2015 at 09:15
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Carl Topping on 15 May 2015 at 09:15

See attach

this feature existed on Safe-Swaps and almost nobody was using it, that's why I have doubts about re-creating it.

Posted 15 May 2015 at 10:53
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

A BIG Enthusiastic Yes from me!

Posted 16 May 2015 at 00:26
Mark Jameson
4318  / 50
6 posts / 2 likes

where is the benefit for sellers? only avoiding overbooking? lol

btw, Heather, it is the exact filter udimi is using that amost all sellers are not happy with, with the unfair click filtering, so not sure why you say yes:) and want to use it on your website too ??? haha ...unless you see a benefit I don't ? :) lol

Posted 16 May 2015 at 13:17
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Mark Jameson on 16 May 2015 at 13:17

See attach

funny to see"unfair". Udimi has the only accurate click engine on the market.

As for other benefits: all solos are in one place and payment protection.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 16 May 2015 at 14:47
Mark Jameson
4318  / 50
6 posts / 2 likes

Uncle Dimitry, the word "unfair" may have been wrongly used in the context :) what I meant is that if for every solo ad I do here I have to send min 50% and in many cases 80% more clicks than ordered to deliver just over 100 clicks counted, then it doesn't seem fair business.

it would be crazy of me persoanlly to use this outside here as well :) it just doesn't make sense for my business.

I know the idea is to protect from junk clicks etc and I know you have taken this filtering task at heart and are passionate about it...

...but the reality is that I've been selling solos in safe swaps and now here for over 2 -3 years now and ever since last summer that this has started to be used I've had to drop the clicks I sell by 50% as I have to send 150-180 clicks on 100 click orders (which gets even worse for 150-200 click orders).

At the same time from every 100 clicks I sell I get to pay around 20% in fees (which includes PP fees I would have paid regardless) to Udimi. Which I really wouldn't mind as you provide the platform and you have to get paid as well. it's business.

Only if it wasn't for that horendous filter you're using mate :) I am sorry that's just my view based on my experience with it for over a year now (there is just no such a thing as perfect software outthere.

By trying to protect against every possible scenario that people may think to con others I think we have crossed to a point of diminishing returns in regards to Protection and usability.

I mean think about it this way... I send an email via my private server and suddenly I see clicks for data center/hosting as junk/filtered traffic et al. So either I've got lots of webhosting providers liking the free offers I send them (unlikely) or your filter is plain wrong.

Then everytime you guys seem to be working on the site to add new features/updates etc, it also seems the filtering gets even worse!

Anyway sorry I seem to have gone a bit off topic but I just wanted to state my 2 cents why I wouldn't be using this new feature.

I like your suggestion as an idea but as long as that filter remains as is then I won't be using this for external solo ads as well.

thanks for reading

Posted 16 May 2015 at 19:19
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Mark Jameson on 16 May 2015 at 19:19

See attach

If you have followed the thread Spam Filter Revisited thread Uncle D did promise he was going to work on a solution to our filter complaints.

Cheers, Heather

Posted 17 May 2015 at 08:08
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Mark Jameson on 16 May 2015 at 19:19

See attach

thanks for your detailed answer. As Heather correctly said, we are developing a solution which will fit both buyers (who like the filter) and sellers (who don't).

Quick question: apart the filter, what changes will convince you using Udimi for selling solos on your site

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 09:33
Jesus Leon
32 posts / 19 likes

Yes, the automatic refund needs to be address as well. Setting up a deadline to deliver all the clicks is one thing but when you tell someone hey, the clicks weren't delivered on time click here for a refund, even though the system gives you another couple of days to deliver all the clicks is s problem. When you get a new person in here that doesn't understand the business they are going to click refund, even if you have to deliver two or three more clicks.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 13:31
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Jesus Leon on 19 May 2015 at 13:31

See attach

deadline is a deadline.

Even if the user clicks refund, only undelivered traffic will be refunded.

Plus, you can message your buyer, if something is out of your control.

In my opinion, refund engine is perfect and needs no tweaks or changes.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 13:37
Mark Jameson
4318  / 50
6 posts / 2 likes

Uncle Dimitry, other than the issues with the filter I see no other reason not to use this.

Please note that I don't mean to come accross as remove the filter completely. I just want it to be more accurate :)

Here's another example I noticed... If you send an email to a big list, as you know, many people will click in the first 10-30 minutes of the email received and then the CTR will slow down. That means lots of clicks on a link at the same or very near time between each other.

The filter in this case misses around 50% of those clicks (it doesn't even capture them as being filtered!). If on the other hand clicks go slow e.g. 2-3 every minute then the filter seems to capture the click and origin ok.

I've got a couple suggestions myself as to a potential win-win solution for all inregards to the filtering. I will post in the suggestions thread on how this could be solved (hopefully) without too much hussle or change in the filter from your end (Programmatically speaking)

thanks

Posted 19 May 2015 at 13:45
Jesus Leon
32 posts / 19 likes

Well maybe if someone clicks refund they shouldn't be able to leave a testimonial. From what I have noticed they leave a negative testimonial based on the fact that the clicks weren't delivered on time. There are making their decision based on a deadline that was set up here that doesn't exist in the real world. In the real world you tell someone I'm going to deliver the clicks in x days and if something happens you explain it to them and they wait. There is no magic button that pops up and says, click here for a refund.

Listen uncle, you asked what would make things better and I'm telling you something that a number of sellers are not happy about. I know people that have even left because of it, and the filters. If you want to say it isn't a problem that's fine but keep in mind you have said the same thing about the filters too, that they weren't a problem.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 13:50
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Jesus Leon on 19 May 2015 at 13:50

See attach

buyer, who got 100% refund can't post a rating.

Why should I block rating option, if a seller delivered only 20%? Others have to see this. Entire community will benefit it. And even if this seller leaves, that's even better, because he/she will be replaced by smarter guy.

Plus: 7 days is more than enough to resolve _any_ problem, even re-sell traffic from other seller to keep own reputation. Plus: there is a number of automatic and manual locking options. Plus: seller can set maximum clicks per day available for delivery.

Sorry, but your idea will not benefit Udimi community.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 14:02
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Mark Jameson on 19 May 2015 at 13:45

See attach

looking forward for your ideas. I am always open for new ideas that could benefit the community. We can also check the issue you mentioned together. Just PM me and we will monitor your next solo with you.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 14:04
Jesus Leon
32 posts / 19 likes

Here's another suggestion. How about giving sellers a"fee" break after we sell a certain number of clicks. So for example, after someone sells say 1000 clicks a month the fees go down to 3 cents a click. More than 5k goes to 2 cents. If something likes this was implemented I know I for one would sell more clicks here.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 14:35
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Jesus Leon on 19 May 2015 at 14:35

See attach

I don't see how lowered "fee" will affect somebody's sales. On the other hand, we can increase that "fee" and use money to get more buyers on Udimi. This will surely result in additional sales.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 18:35
Jesus Leon
32 posts / 19 likes

Lowered fees will affect sales because the seller will sell more clicks here and less outside of udimi. If someone can sell 1k clicks outside of udimi for a fraction of what it cost here why would they. Prehaps if the fees per click were reduced after we hit a certain number of sales, kinda like saying thank you to the seller for selling the clicks here at udimi they would in turn offer to sell more clicks here. I hope you realize that many of the established -big hitters here can sell way more clicks than they offer to sell at udimi. You should ask yourself why that is and how can that be minimized.

Posted 19 May 2015 at 19:44
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

don't forget that there is no "fee". The seller gets the price specified on the seller setup screen.

About "thank you" gifts is a good idea, but for affiliates, who actually bring new customers and buyers to Udimi.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

as for calendar:

at this moment I see only 4 votes for this feature

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 20 May 2015 at 08:37
Go up
Go down