A Note to HTA / High Traffic Academy Buyers

A Note to HTA / High Traffic Academy Buyers
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Thank you so much for all your business! It is truly appreciated

However, there are A LOT of you. In fact more of you then active sellers and list segments.

Vick, is a fantastic marketer but he still can't get away from list or ad blindness. While most of the top sellers here are constantly adding fresh optins to our lists it is not enough to escape the sheer volume of requests to run this offer.

So as a consequence, your optin rates may be LOWER then what HTA advertises.

Therefore, I STRONGLY urge ALL of you to place this offer behind a CUSTOM SQUEEZE page that only you run. By the doing this you will capture much more of the valuable traffic that is sent to you, get HTA leads and then be able to remail it other offers that it might not have seen before.

This is the best way to maximize you hard earned dollars that you spend here on Udimi.

Cheers!

Heather

Posted 5 Aug 2015 at 16:52
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
340 posts / 161 likes
Heather Alessandra on 05 Aug 2015 at 16:52

See attach

i totally agree

Posted 5 Aug 2015 at 18:39
David Garrick
479  / 6
10 posts / 7 likes

Being unique and original in your marketing.... will help you stand out of the crowd.

Heather is spot on in her comments above. Vick confirmed it in his Webinar when he demonstrated a "Short" squeeze page works better with Solo traffic and is arriving "Cold" to your promotion.

Your only opportunity to turn a visitor into a subscriber is your Squeeze page... make it intriguing and "Excite" their curiosity to know more... then the optin becomes inevitable.

A squeeze page explaining the benefits of your offer... rather than listing the features is a better formula for success.

Good luck

Posted 5 Aug 2015 at 19:45
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

I have done a massive amount of split testing when it comes to squeeze pages. I've tried just about all of them, including "guru" style pages, two-step opt-in pages, video squeeze pages, etc.

No matter how many different types of squeeze pages I tried the one that always performs the best is the simple white page with a big headline in red letters and a simple email capture only opt-in form. I can almost always achieve conversion rates above 40% as long as I have a compelling headline.

The moral of the story- KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Posted 9 Aug 2015 at 20:22
Giang Nguyen
4 posts / 1 like

Great Job Heather... Very nice post.

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 01:39
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Christopher Mollo on 09 Aug 2015 at 20:22

See attach

Your are absolutely correct on the squeeze pages. People tend to WAY over due it. They make their squeeze page into almost a sales page and then they wonder why their optins are low.

The 40% + Conversion formula is almost too simple.

1. Have a WHITE Background 2. Add a 3 to 5 word headline 3. Add an email optin box and a submit button. 4. Center it and keep it above the fold.

AND THAT IS IT!

No text boxes for names, no respect privacy b.s., no we don't spam language, no social share buttons, no privacy policy. NOTHING!

And watch your solo optin conversions SKYROCKET.;

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 02:56
Tom Geo
392  / 15
75 posts / 37 likes

Agree with Chris on this one and Heather, HTA will fade out.. but re- engaging subscribers will never die :) Simplicity is key

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 15:05
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
340 posts / 161 likes
Heather Alessandra on 10 Aug 2015 at 02:56

See attach

yes they need to make there owe squeeze pages i got a bad rating because the opt-in was low but they don't realize there are a lot of same subscribers in all are list

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 15:15
Carlos Costa
15 posts / 8 likes

Interesting insights here and much appreciated. I may offer a slightly different perspective, not because I think you're wrong but hopefully because it will help us all learn a bit more: My intention with my list building is to grow a relationship with the subscribers - i.e., not a churn an burn list.

To that end, my squeeze page is to get quality subscribers and not so much those who just opt in to every page thrown in front of them only to forget they ever subscribed to you in the first place after a few days.

With that in mind, my squeeze page also includes

- my photo - my signature - and a headline of about 10-15 words. - That way they know who I am and my name (so know to expect me in their inbox and avoid spam complaints days later), and hopefully know specifically what they subscribed for with my slightly more descriptive headline.

Basically I’m thinking ahead to sales

The thing is, I do this and it does work. On the other hand I can’t say I’ve done it the way Heather and Christopher have described here so have no comparison. I’d imagine you get a lot of inactive subscribers with the squeeze page you laid out…wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of higher optins, or am I incorrect?

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 15:35
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes
Carlos Costa on 10 Aug 2015 at 15:35

See attach

I appreciate your thinking, and you are not wrong if that is how you want to grow your list. That being said, however, it's important to understand what the purpose of a squeeze page and also the science of building a list.

A squeeze page has one function and one function only - to capture email addresses. You shouldn't be concerned one bit with the quality of the opt-in at this point. Your only concern is to get them to fill in their email address and click the submit button.

It's what you do AFTER they opt-in that will ultimately determine what kind of subscriber they are, and not before. Remember, you cannot sell to someone at all unless they have subscribed to your list. Studies show us that the average subscriber will not make a purchase of any kind until the 6th or 7th contact. That means that what's important is how you interact with your subscribers after they become your subscribers.

You need to know that there are always exceptions to every rule. For instance, no matter what you do you are going to get "freebie seekers" and "tire kickers" on your list. These people might even open your emails and click on your links, but they will NEVER buy anything from you no matter how enticing the offer. At the other end of the spectrum are the folks who will buy your one-time offer right after they subscriber and then buy just about every single product you recommend.

The bottom line is that you will never know what kind of subscriber a person will be UNLESS you get them on your list in the first place. That's where your squeeze page comes in. A truly great squeeze page will get people who have ZERO interest in your offer to subscribe just because they are curious!

Your squeeze page should only have a headline, maybe a sub-headline, and an email capture form for the simple reason that you want to limit a person to making one of two choices- they subscribe, or they leave. You don't want to put social media buttons or links to your website or even a contact email on the page. When you do this you are giving them another option, and that option might draw them away from your intended goal, and that is capturing their email address so you can then market to them later.

Hope that clarifies it a bit or at least shows you my thought process, anyway.

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 16:01
Carlos Costa
15 posts / 8 likes

Interesting insights and points well made. Food for thought.

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 16:13
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes
Carlos Costa on 10 Aug 2015 at 16:13

See attach

This discussion reminds me of something my late grandfather once said to me. When he was young he worked as a door-to-door salesman (people born after 1985 probably don't even know what that is).

Anyway, one day he said "People want what you're selling, even if they just don't know it yet."

I'm guessing what he meant by that is that people are always looking for something to buy, but sometimes they don't yet know what that is because they haven't heard of it. This is what I mean when I say you need to get them to subscribe to your list, then it's up to you to convince them that they need what you're selling.

Look at it like this: You're a modern day door-to-door salesman, except your squeeze page is the prospect's door. It's up to you to get them to let you in, even if they are a little hesitant. Once they subscribe, they have now opened the door and let you in. Then the real selling begins!

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 19:21
Kimberly Mitchell
4 posts / 2 likes
Christopher Mollo on 09 Aug 2015 at 20:22

See attach

Hi Christopher please can I see a sample of your page. kimberly-mitchell@comcast.net

Posted 12 Aug 2015 at 21:34
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes
Kimberly Mitchell on 12 Aug 2015 at 21:34

See attach

Sent you a PM.

Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 01:33
Anita Speets
1 post / 0 likes

what's HTA stand for?

Heather Alessandro - nmd - high traffic academy - just saw it - 1st time on this site tonight! :)

Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 03:34
Guy Nzanza
3 posts / 1 like

Thanks a lot guys for your very important marketing info insight. As a newbie your expertise in this industry is a gold mine worth millions.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 07:55
Guy Nzanza
3 posts / 1 like
Heather Alessandra on 05 Aug 2015 at 16:52

See attach

Heather Alessandra, Hi Heather, thanks for your advise. Do you have any sample of this please?

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 08:03
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Well, for noobs I always recommend something like leadpages.net when getting started with new, custom squeeze pages to hide offers behind. You can literally have one up and running in less then an hour. They make it really easy to do. There few other companies out there as well that do that same thing.

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 05:42
Guy Nzanza
3 posts / 1 like

Thanks for your help.!

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 18:04
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Guy Nzanza on 17 Aug 2015 at 18:04

See attach

Your welcome!

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 18:09
Andy Laurents
11 posts / 8 likes

So very much like you, Heather...going the extra mile, making suggestions, providing amazing service to your buyers. You seriously ROCK.

Of course, the fact you accepted my swipe whereas I've had about 6 sellers reject it does help me put you into that "Rock Star" category. :)

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 20:55
Go up
Go down