Prime Market

Prime Market
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

I am confused as to the benefits of this to established sellers

Now if she does not mind - take Heather for an example

Heather sells say 10000+ clicks in solos a month

Out of blue Heather is told she is not good enough to be listed in Prime Market evenwith a brilliant record

So Heather now loses her 10000+ clicks as buyers directed to Prime

Now even if Heather did qualify , pay Udimi up front $800 before taking an order

Heather also needs to pay all PayPal fees , deal with all disputes chargebacks etc

Where is the benefits to Heather?

Please advise

Posted 30 Aug 2015 at 21:36
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Tommy Mclaughlin on 30 Aug 2015 at 21:36

See attach

I think we need to see what the prime market is once it goes live. Looks like there are some interesting aspects to it.

Anyway, I was just trying to apply to find out myself. The system rejected me cause my average acceptance is 3 hours vs 2 hour requirement. However, Uncle D said he will make some adjustments there.

Posted 30 Aug 2015 at 22:47
Dion Bentley
11 posts / 24 likes

so funny to read this forum nowadays.

I remember a thread at Safe-Swaps, where people said NO WAY after Uncle decided to switch to the current payment system. Now he wants to go back and you still say "no way"

Posted 30 Aug 2015 at 22:51
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

None of us are in any real position to judge the prime market as it is not even live yet.

But I think what Tommy's concern is the mention of upfront fees. Rather then pay for performance.

On Safe-Swaps there were no upfront fees only your monthly membership.

At the end of the day I am glad Udimi is trying new experiments. We will see what happens.

Posted 30 Aug 2015 at 23:09
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

Erm Dion

Not quite Sir, the prime will only be open to 50 people the rest are left to crash and burn as Udimi filters 80+ of all buyers to Prime only

It is not as simple as getting payments direct

To continue selling in Prime Udimi is asking you pay them up front for all clicks

So for me if I qualified could be $160-$240 a month up front

For larger sellers they need to pay $800-$1200 a month up front if over 10000 clicks payable every month????

I am unsure as I stated above how it benefits the current established sellers who currently generate these levels of orders

It is NOT about receiving money direct but sellers having to pay a lot of money upfront on a monthly basis and all risk now falls to seller -

I am looking for a better explanation and why if not in the 50 why it may be that sellers May be left to suffer a severve reduction in orders as Udimi will send buyers towards the 50 Prime sellers only so 20% to be shared amongst rest of sellers does not leave much in way of orders etc.

Posted 30 Aug 2015 at 23:18
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

What disturbs me is this little piece of text that says "Premium Market will get 80% orders."

So Prime Market is limited to 50 sellers.

This basically means that 50 sells will get 80% of all orders placed at Udimi.

What does that mean in simple terms?

It means that if you are not lucky enough to be one of the 50 "Prime Market" sellers you might as well not bother even selling solos here because you won't get too many orders (if any). That is, of course, unless you are willing to pony up more money to list a solo deal. And even then, good luck...

I have come to the realization that it doesn't matter what I or any of the other members say. Once they get it in their head to institute something it doesn't matter what the members say they are going to do it anyway.

What a shame. They are tearing this site down brick by brick...

I qualify to be one of the 50 sellers and I don't want anything to do with it.

Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 02:03
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Christopher Mollo on 31 Aug 2015 at 02:03

See attach

I hear ya. Personally I am just going to wait to see what it is and what it would mean for my order/work flow.

"I have come to the realization that it doesn't matter what I or any of the other members say. Once they get it in their head to institute something it doesn't matter what the members say they are going to do it anyway." ... Nah I don't think so.

They are entrepreneurial so they are going to experiment. I give them credit for trying new stuff. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

My husband and I were watching a Netflix Original Series last night called "Narcos." It was about the life of Pablo Escabar.

In it Pablo said "Geniuses are always labeled as crazy." I think that sort of applies here.

And by the way if you get a chance to check out that series it is amazing! Really well done.

Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 02:27
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes
Heather Alessandra on 31 Aug 2015 at 02:27

See attach

Guess we have a difference of opinion but no big deal. That's what makes the world turn.

LOL I was in the middle of episode 8 of Narcos as I was reading your post! Awesome series. Javier Pena and Steve Murphy are actually the real names of the DEA agents involved. They changed some of the names though. For instance, Colonel Carrillo is based on the real Colonel Hugo Martinez, who as the commander of the actual Search Bloc.

If you want to watch something really cool, the real Murphy and Pena appear in this documentary called "King of Coke:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4KkJ12aPQ

Check it out. Really good.

Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 03:02
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Christopher Mollo on 31 Aug 2015 at 03:02

See attach

Thanks for the insight and the link I will have to go check it out.

Yeah we binge watched the whole season this weekend. It was that good!

Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 15:15
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

Watching Narcos myself -- good stuff .....

Got an email about Shakers -- one of the top sellers sold about 30000 clicks in August so if that is every month then needs to pay Udimi up front --- $2400 to be in Prime or lose all your orders as not listed in Prime?

On top of that you pay all the PayPal Fees deal with everything so what does Udimi do for their $2500?

I ask again how does this benefit the seller shelling out $28,800 Annually just on Prime Fees never mind all other overheads to sell on Udimi ?

I just can't see the benefits given the filters are overzealous etc and shelling out crazy money it seems to me, unless it can be explained properly the benefits etc

Anyone?

Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 15:56
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Tommy Mclaughlin on 31 Aug 2015 at 15:56

See attach

the answer is obvious: Udimi gives buyers.

The seller, who sold 30K clicks earned up to $90 000. So, investment of $28 800 earns $1 080 000.

If this deal is not good enough for you, no problem, just skip it.

Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 21:24
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

I can't join as with over 700+ Solos I am not considered good enough as I have 99.9% rating not 100%--- but someone with 10 solos can join?

This responsiveness requirement as well is flawed as someone contacts you from somewhere in the World while you are sleeping at night and take 10 hours to respond so not considered responsive and does everyone know about how to rate this?

Thanks for the response all the same :)

Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 22:18
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

100% feedback rating requirement just to be a top 50 vendor? How can any vendor rely on Udimi for any significant percentage of their income if one negative feedback puts them back outside the top 50. These metrics seriously need to be looked at, it's a fact of life that in the end there will be negatives if you sell enough of any product or service online.

Edit: Uncle D, don't turn this place into another Ebay. Seriously. Making vendors jump through hoops to stay within the threshold of unrealistically tight metric requirements is not an enjoyable process and people will resent it over time.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 12:48
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Dean James on 01 Sep 2015 at 12:48

See attach

it is not very strict. It will show 100% even if you have negatives.

See attach

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 14:25
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Uncle D, so what is the 100% referring to if it isn't taken into account any negatives a seller has received. Is that just 100% delivered solos regardless of the rating? "‘100% positive ratings’ badge" is listed as a metric. By "positive' I took that to mean +ve feedback. So is that assumption incorrect? If so, what is the 100% positive ratings referring to?

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 14:37
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

Erm, similiar to myself, so it does not show 100% this feedback is from another established good seller -- and they are barred from Prime too so will no doubt impact on their business

See attach

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 15:36
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Tommy, I was going to cite your profile as an example but didn't want to highlight anyone's profile without prior consent. As you've mentioned this, I hope you don't mind me stating the following from your stats. You have 602 +ve feedback and 5 negatives. As a percentage, 5 out of 607 total feedbacks is LESS than 1% so your 99% is rounded down rather than up, making this 100% positive rating badge a VERY STRICT and TIGHT METRIC in my opinion. Uncle D how can you say that this metric is not strict when it's set at 100%? It needs changing or you are just going to have a situation where people dependent in any way on selling solos on this platform becoming paranoid about their stats. I for one could not live day-to-day watching my stats like a hawk like that, it's too much like other ecommerce platforms where you are beholden to your customers rating you perfect all the time, which we all know is an idealistic notion. IM is not about worrying about stats all the time - reputable vendors should not have to be concerned about meeting the requirements of a bunch of metrics all the time, they'll just get annoyed and find other places to do their business. Just my 2 cents.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 17:15
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Just food for thought. Amazon Marketplace targets 2% or less negative feedback as a high quality seller. Perhaps we might look to move to that threshold.

What I think should be raised is the number of positive feedbacks. I don't think 10 feedbacks is really enough to tell overall long term quality. 100+ might be a better level.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:47
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

So Uncle Dimitry -- what is happening with the 100% Feedback thing and this responsiveness thing -- given most do not know how to grade this ?

@Uncle Dimitry seems that the 99.9% Feedback I have is stopping me having a look at Prime as I meet the other 6 requirements? Do I check with Support ?

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 12:00
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Heather, one problem with a 2% rule (which can be overcome) is that it really only WORKS as it should on a volume basis. For example, a seller that has 600 feedbacks can afford to have 11 negatives and still be fine, whereas someone with 50 feedbacks only has to have 1 neg feedback and they are at the 2% threshold. That's not a good situation to be in as 1 more between 50 and 100 eliminates them.

A workaround for this is to apply a rule whereby the 2% only becomes 'active' when a seller has sold over a certain number of solos. For those below that number you would apply a more sensible number (not a percentage but an ACTUAL number) which doesn't eliminate sellers starting out that have below, say 100 feedbacks. 2% is still pretty tight on low volume orders, but once you have several hundred it becomes a non-issue for anyone that is delivering solos as they should be.

I appreciate this does not really apply to a premium marketplace where vendors are selling a lot of solos, but if a rule like this would be applied across the board, that's more like how it should be. Did I ever mention I am really NOT a fan of tight metrics if you don't have an opportunity to address the issue FIRST.

This 100% feedback thing is a case in point. You can have someone with 99.5% positive feedback regarded as a below par vendor, which in the real world is quite the most ridiculous thing any reasonable person has ever heard. Algorithms though, suggest it's sensible. This is where automation and overly vigilant metrics make using a platform a pain in the proverbials.

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 12:42
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Dean James on 03 Sep 2015 at 12:42

See attach

Don't you find it interesting that the sellers who are commenting on this subject all have feedback in excess of 100+ comments.

At least to me that shows a certain level of dedication to this business and vote of confidence by your peers..

So personally I believe a better criteria for inclusion would be 100+ feedbacks with a 2% negative max.

Say what you want about the math but Amazon is now more valuable Walmart. And I know for a fact Amazon doesn't pick arbitrary values. Most of what they do is data driven so I am sure that number is well tested against buyer confidence, impulse and satisfaction.

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 14:59
Go up
Go down