Prime Market

Prime Market
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

I am confused as to the benefits of this to established sellers

Now if she does not mind - take Heather for an example

Heather sells say 10000+ clicks in solos a month

Out of blue Heather is told she is not good enough to be listed in Prime Market evenwith a brilliant record

So Heather now loses her 10000+ clicks as buyers directed to Prime

Now even if Heather did qualify , pay Udimi up front $800 before taking an order

Heather also needs to pay all PayPal fees , deal with all disputes chargebacks etc

Where is the benefits to Heather?

Please advise

Posted 30 Aug 2015 at 21:36
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Tommy, I was going to cite your profile as an example but didn't want to highlight anyone's profile without prior consent. As you've mentioned this, I hope you don't mind me stating the following from your stats. You have 602 +ve feedback and 5 negatives. As a percentage, 5 out of 607 total feedbacks is LESS than 1% so your 99% is rounded down rather than up, making this 100% positive rating badge a VERY STRICT and TIGHT METRIC in my opinion. Uncle D how can you say that this metric is not strict when it's set at 100%? It needs changing or you are just going to have a situation where people dependent in any way on selling solos on this platform becoming paranoid about their stats. I for one could not live day-to-day watching my stats like a hawk like that, it's too much like other ecommerce platforms where you are beholden to your customers rating you perfect all the time, which we all know is an idealistic notion. IM is not about worrying about stats all the time - reputable vendors should not have to be concerned about meeting the requirements of a bunch of metrics all the time, they'll just get annoyed and find other places to do their business. Just my 2 cents.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 17:15
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

Just food for thought. Amazon Marketplace targets 2% or less negative feedback as a high quality seller. Perhaps we might look to move to that threshold.

What I think should be raised is the number of positive feedbacks. I don't think 10 feedbacks is really enough to tell overall long term quality. 100+ might be a better level.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:47
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

So Uncle Dimitry -- what is happening with the 100% Feedback thing and this responsiveness thing -- given most do not know how to grade this ?

@Uncle Dimitry seems that the 99.9% Feedback I have is stopping me having a look at Prime as I meet the other 6 requirements? Do I check with Support ?

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 12:00
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Heather, one problem with a 2% rule (which can be overcome) is that it really only WORKS as it should on a volume basis. For example, a seller that has 600 feedbacks can afford to have 11 negatives and still be fine, whereas someone with 50 feedbacks only has to have 1 neg feedback and they are at the 2% threshold. That's not a good situation to be in as 1 more between 50 and 100 eliminates them.

A workaround for this is to apply a rule whereby the 2% only becomes 'active' when a seller has sold over a certain number of solos. For those below that number you would apply a more sensible number (not a percentage but an ACTUAL number) which doesn't eliminate sellers starting out that have below, say 100 feedbacks. 2% is still pretty tight on low volume orders, but once you have several hundred it becomes a non-issue for anyone that is delivering solos as they should be.

I appreciate this does not really apply to a premium marketplace where vendors are selling a lot of solos, but if a rule like this would be applied across the board, that's more like how it should be. Did I ever mention I am really NOT a fan of tight metrics if you don't have an opportunity to address the issue FIRST.

This 100% feedback thing is a case in point. You can have someone with 99.5% positive feedback regarded as a below par vendor, which in the real world is quite the most ridiculous thing any reasonable person has ever heard. Algorithms though, suggest it's sensible. This is where automation and overly vigilant metrics make using a platform a pain in the proverbials.

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 12:42
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Dean James on 03 Sep 2015 at 12:42

See attach

Don't you find it interesting that the sellers who are commenting on this subject all have feedback in excess of 100+ comments.

At least to me that shows a certain level of dedication to this business and vote of confidence by your peers..

So personally I believe a better criteria for inclusion would be 100+ feedbacks with a 2% negative max.

Say what you want about the math but Amazon is now more valuable Walmart. And I know for a fact Amazon doesn't pick arbitrary values. Most of what they do is data driven so I am sure that number is well tested against buyer confidence, impulse and satisfaction.

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 14:59
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Heather, the difference with Amazon is that the number likely to leave feedback is actually quite low. Much lower than you would get on this platform and other well known ecommerce platforms (that's the big difference). Since every transaction counts towards your feedback rating it's a lot easier to operate within the confines of tight metrics on the -ve vs +ve feedback front on a platform like Amazon when only a small percentage actually leave feedback anyway. Moreover, there are occasions where a vendor can get that feedback removed. 2% would be fine AS LONG AS there are measures in place to actually address problems otherwise it's still too tight as a metric if it stays regardless.

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 16:49
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Dean James on 03 Sep 2015 at 16:49

See attach

I was a Market Place seller for years in the media area. I had over 10,000 feedbacks until bottom fell out of that specific industry.

To be honest I don't find the rate of feedback being left here any different then what I receiving on Amazon. While I don't have any metrics to back it up it is just the sense I get.

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 17:44
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Heather, the percentage of people that leave feedback on amazon for SELLERS (please note that doesn't include PRODUCT feedback which does not impact on ratings) is significantly lower than it would be on Udimi, that's why it is materially different. If there is fair opportunity for sellers to get feedback removed after fixing any 'issue', then I'm not bothered if the metrics are there as long as they are reasonable. However, if they are not, then I'm definitely not a fan and won't be spending my time checking my stats every day just to be sure I comply with an overly vigilant metric which isn't realistic in the real world. There are too many business owners in ivory towers doing number crunching and setting 'standards' that don't know what it's like to be on the receiving end of constantly satisfying merciless metrics. Yes, there has to be a standard which is considered high, but people delivering good results and service should not have to be looking at stats all the time. I am very vocal about this and will continue to be as the last thing I want to see this place turn into is Ebay Version 2 for solo vendors.

Posted 3 Sep 2015 at 23:35
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Dean James on 03 Sep 2015 at 23:35

See attach

Just curious are you a current Market Place seller?

And what feedback around talking about? I am not talking about product reviews. I am talking about transactional,quality feedback.

Like for example this, on the right hand side when you open this link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/ref=olp_merch_name_2?ie=UTF8&asin=B00006JJ5O&isAmazonFulfilled=0&seller=AVB9VPPZMOOT8

Posted 4 Sep 2015 at 01:58
Edward T Newman
696  / 4
49 posts / 31 likes

I am qualified for prime and just trying to figure it out. It said no commissions but then we have to pay 0.08 per click so that's really a commission but whats worse is we have to pay it up front. I would assume, maybe incorrectly, that we could buy a lower click credit package and when used up just buy more during the month so we do not need to buy all we might use up front. At least I hope so! As mentioned by others I am also concerned by having to deal with paypal issues.

Posted 5 Sep 2015 at 04:46
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes
Edward T Newman on 05 Sep 2015 at 04:46

See attach

I'm qualified for Prime also, but would NEVER use it. It's an awful idea. I'm a little concerned with the fact that just 50 sellers will now be getting 80% of all the solo orders on Udimi. That is not fair to other sellers. Also, who ever heard of paying a commission on upfront on clicks that MIGHT sell? It's ridiculous. It's probably about the worst idea out of the many terrible ideas they have had here.

Posted 5 Sep 2015 at 05:02
Edward T Newman
696  / 4
49 posts / 31 likes

It also seems I have to sell for higher but actually make less. It might not be a bad idea if most of my sales came from here but only around 10% come from here. If you locked up one of the 50 spots I would assume the qty of orders would go up but hard to keep up with current orders.

Posted 5 Sep 2015 at 05:17
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

@uncledimitry any update on 100% feedback issue ?

Posted 5 Sep 2015 at 09:47
Sven
22 posts / 26 likes

I just reserver my spot on the Prime Market but when I bought the click credits the money went straight to my balance as a normal top up.

Posted 6 Sep 2015 at 08:40
Tommy Mclaughlin
710  / 11
62 posts / 27 likes

Uncle Dimitry - there is still no feeback about the 100% .rating issue - I have spoken to support they have no idea as to what is happening there is now less than 48 hours to go untilPrime opens and I and others are waiting for this to be resolved ...... Any communication about this problemwould be appreciated

Posted 8 Sep 2015 at 10:40
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes

If your in PRIME MARKET is there a udimi side too

Posted 8 Sep 2015 at 10:56
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes
Sven on 06 Sep 2015 at 08:40

See attach

That's probably because it has not gone live yet. Once Prime Market opens it will probably straighten itself out.

Posted 8 Sep 2015 at 14:35
Edward T Newman
696  / 4
49 posts / 31 likes

my money does not show anywhere and did not go to top up.

Posted 8 Sep 2015 at 15:03
Sven
22 posts / 26 likes
Christopher Mollo on 08 Sep 2015 at 14:35

See attach

Yeah I think so I got a correction from Udimi on my balance so I guess it went to the Prime Market credits :)

Posted 8 Sep 2015 at 18:48
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

few changes to requirements: 1. No need to have accepts fast badge 2. Minimal number of ratings increased to 25 3. Minimal reputation is 98%

Posted 9 Sep 2015 at 18:55
Go up
Go down