Affiliate Program Improvement

Affiliate Program Improvement
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

Affiliate and JV programs will be merged into one simple concept: affiliates will get 2 cents for each click bought by their referrals.

Example: you will earn $1 000 / month, if you have 50 buyers who buy 1000 clicks per month.

Migration will be automatic on 11th September 2015. All current affiliate and JV links will remain active and unchanged.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 11:59
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

So if I refer someone to buy a 100 click solo I will only make $2.00? Honestly Uncle Dimitry, do you think it's realistic to think that someone will actually refer 50 buyers to buy 1000 clicks a month? That's near impossible and I doubt even the top affiliates could achieve that. Besides, the most popular solo size is 100 clicks. That means affiliates can look forward to making a whopping $2 for a referral. Personally, you couldn't even get me to click a mouse for $2. Basically people will stop promoting and that will mean less sales for sellers.

What was wrong with it the way it was? Why not let sellers decide how much they want to pay out? Why do you guys keep changing things when they are fine the way they are?

BTW, who comes up with this stuff? If it's someone on your payroll, do yourself a favor and FIRE THEM!

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 11:04
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Christopher Mollo on 01 Sep 2015 at 11:04

See attach

your so right

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 12:30
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Letting vendors decide the percentage was the best way. Actually I thought that was a good idea at the time. Nobody is going to be motivated by 2% commissions in the IM industry, but that's just my opinion for what it is worth.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 12:43
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Dean James on 01 Sep 2015 at 12:43

See attach

i agree when you go from 5-80% to 2% it might make people become non-motivated and i get sales this way so my sales may go down

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 15:14
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

"Udimi cancels all fees and will get 5 cents" - Uncle Dimitry is a greedy bastard. "Affiliates will get 2 cents" - nobody will work for that.

you are so funny... I love all of you

and I also love your math... 100 clicks @ 35c = $35. 2 * 100 / 35 = 5.71%

How did you get 2% ? Where did you get that "average" solo value? Did you read that JV links remain active and unchanged (in bold)?

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 17:58
Agnes Marin
347  / 8
72 posts / 23 likes

Agree with Chris why break something that works,

Plus Why not keep the already existing JV and create another one The ones you say its better and see which one wins in a 3 month contest by terms of profitability in general and not commissions or anything else?

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:03
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Agnes Marin on 01 Sep 2015 at 18:03

See attach

it will work exactly as you said. JV links remain active and you can pay to your affiliates as much as you wish.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:07
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Uncle D, yep 2% is erroneous (my mistake - typed too fast whilst working). Still think being able to set affiliate percentages was better! Chris was right in his calculations though - 100 clicks at 2 cents per click is $2 aff commissions for a 100 click solo.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:11
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Liz Hall on 01 Sep 2015 at 15:14

See attach

your current percentage is 5%. It will go up to 7%.

I don't understand what _you_ didn't like?

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:11
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

let me quote once again. Nobody reads my responses?

All current affiliate and JV links will remain active and unchanged.

JV links remain active and you can pay to your affiliates as much as you wish.

by the way, Dean, your percentage is 5% and you paid $2 (two dollars) to affiliates???? What's the problem?

Are you trolling me here?

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:16
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Uncle Dimitry, this "simple" concept has proven confusing to everyone that has read it so far. So give us an example of a 100 click solo at 40 cents a click whereby the vendor sets a 10% jv payout. (an example with the initial post would have made it clear :)).

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:17
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 01 Sep 2015 at 18:16

See attach

sorry i was looking at Dean i made the mistake 2% instead of 2 cent

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:18
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Uncle Dimitry, no not at all. For the record I haven't sold on here for a while because I was ill in April ( just so you all know ) and I have not seriously looked at JV percentages until now (I initially set it at 5% at a time when most people weren't even applying a percentage). Please don't accuse me of trolling I have been on here and Safe Swaps for a long time as you well know.

Liz Hall, yes that was my mistake earlier re: the 2%, not intentional. Was genuinely just looking for some clarity. Anyway, catch you later folks I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on.

Posted 1 Sep 2015 at 18:28
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Dean James on 01 Sep 2015 at 18:28

See attach

We all make mistakes i am glad your back i just started JV percentage it work out well for me

Posted 2 Sep 2015 at 00:23
Jay Saletra
4 posts / 2 likes

OK this is a joke. another income stream pretty much gone. sorry guys I am going to give my referrals somewhere else. this is on top of my having to ask the peop0le that owe me money to pay me. I should not have to ask to be paid by a seller. they get paid the second the order is fulfilled. I have to wait a month? then even sometimes have to send a message and ASK to be paid from the seller? this is becoming a joke. I have used a lot of you as referrals I am sorry that will no longer be the case.

i referred 1300 clicks last month and made 56 bucks. are you trying to tell me that is too much? rediculous. I will refer no one else to be a buyer here. NO ONE. if you do this. I am sure there are a lot more that feel the way I do. maybe i am grandfathered in but any new people I bring in to buy clicks and refer sellers will not be happy. greed is a really bad thing.

Posted 2 Sep 2015 at 02:45
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

correct me if I'm wrong, but no matter how you do the math, basically you will get paid .02 per click. So if someone orders 100 clicks, 100 * .02 = $2.00.

So if the seller charges $40 for 100 clicks, $2/$40 = 5%.

LOL. As if 5% is that much different from 2%.

It's still an insult to expect your affiliates to refer traffic to sellers for a measly 5%.

@Jay Saletra: Last month you made $56 for referring 1300 clicks. With the new "improved" affiliate program, you will make 1300 * .02 = $26.

Basically, you're affiliate earnings will be slashed in half.

I can only speak for myself but there is absolutely no way I would send traffic to an offer like that when there are so many other ways I could make so much more with my traffic.

I have no idea why Udimi feels this new "improved" system is going to be better.

I suspect it has something to do with the number of clicks that affiliates are buying with their earnings. Although, I don't know why that should matter to them because they were still taking their cut on solos purchased with affiliate earnings.

All I know is I have spoken with lots of sellers and word is getting around that Udimi is not the place to sell solos.

I also don't understand this:

"All current affiliate and JV links will remain active and unchanged. JV links remain active and you can pay to your affiliates as much as you wish."

So then nothing is changing for existing members? Will this new affiliate program only apply to new members?

Posted 2 Sep 2015 at 04:01
Jay Saletra
4 posts / 2 likes
Christopher Mollo on 02 Sep 2015 at 04:01

See attach

that is correct and that is why I am done with UDIMI. this is so friking stupid. but he can do what he wants. I expect I am not the only one who will be leaving. there are thousands of places to buy clicks from and get paid for referring people. I will choose any of those over this BS

Posted 2 Sep 2015 at 04:38
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

Tons of people have already jumped ship and more will follow. They have gone too far with their greed and sucking every penny out of buyers and sellers. They make .05+ for EVERY click sold and then they go and do things like charging another $2.99 to use their wonderful "filter," etc. It's ridiculous. Everything they do is motivated by greed and it is going to be their undoing.

For some strange reason they are under the impression that they are the best place to buy and sell solos and nothing could be farther from the truth.

I made a sale today! MADE A WHOPPING $2.00! Whooo-hoooo!

Posted 6 Sep 2015 at 22:58
Kelly Baker
6 posts / 3 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 31 Aug 2015 at 11:59

See attach

I had 2300 clicks sold last month and with this price it would be only 46.00... ??? Really???

Posted 7 Sep 2015 at 02:55
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes
Kelly Baker on 07 Sep 2015 at 02:55

See attach

Yup. It's a huge joke. What an insult. I mean who is going to promote something for a $2 commission? Absolutely ridiculous. Seems to me they can't do enough to screw sellers out of sales. Guess they don't like making money.

Posted 7 Sep 2015 at 07:04
Go up
Go down