A seller now blocked ?

A seller now blocked ?
Paul Stead
1 post / 0 likes

So I bought some traffic (and it was good traffic) off a fella the other day and everything went well..

I went to contact him today regarding some clicks and it says in red writing -

"This Seller Is Blocked And Won't Be Able To Reply To You"

Now, I haven't blocked him and as seen as I spent $120 with him I'm damn sure he ain't blocked me so what's gone on ?

I need to contact him as I want to buy again off him.

Cheers,

Paul...

Posted 22 Sep 2015 at 18:46
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

he was blocked for fake traffic

Posted 23 Sep 2015 at 08:22
Kuan Yee
195  / 5
29 posts / 22 likes

I'm wondering how Udimi notify it was fake traffic when buyers have got good result from the person?

Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 16:06
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Kuan Yee on 24 Sep 2015 at 16:06

See attach

You have to learn how to read the traffic tea leaves girl ;)

It's not all about optin rate. Some people get 10% optin but that 10% will yield a $500 or $1000 sale.

If you go and look at any of the top sellers, who have people reporting VERY HIGH optin rates of 40% or 50% every now and then you will see sales being reported.

Periodic sales are one of the best ways to tell legit traffic from not so legit.

When I looked at this sellers traffic he had high optins reported but no sales with like 20 or 30 feedbacks.

Furthermore if you click on the (165 out of 150 clicks) under each feedback you can examine the traffic.

You can see what the filter was filtering. In some cases this seller had over 100% filtering and the reason was "Botnet / Traffic Exchange." Which is a filter the top sellers rarely see any of.

You know we all bitched and moaned when the filter was being first implemented but I think now the right balance has been struck by it.

In this case the filter really saved the day and exposed a guy who has a pretty big name out there as a real bullshit artist.

Frankly Udimi should do a case study on it! And do called it "How Udimi Protects Buyers from Fake Sellers"

Would be great link bait, especially given it is a name with some recognition.

Posted 25 Sep 2015 at 17:19
Kuan Yee
195  / 5
29 posts / 22 likes
Heather Alessandra on 25 Sep 2015 at 17:19

See attach

yes. we can determine a seller traffic based on the result they delivered to buyer.

But somehow it still can't tell you that the person was sending bot traffic.

I recently met a case which a seller with 13k list sent 100 clicks to me, if have got 50+% conversion rate. However, when i check on the IPs, there were plenty of IPs came startd from 75.143.xx.xxx. It looks suspicious but I can't give a prove that he is sending bot clicks to me.

Yes, I really feel that Udimi should do a case study to Buyers on how to determine bot or fraud clicks from sellers.

Posted 25 Oct 2015 at 15:20
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Kuan Yee on 25 Oct 2015 at 15:20

See attach

Yes you can. There are services out there that monitor IP use.

And I don't know which service Udimi uses but here is an example of a couple

http://www.brightcloud.com/services/ip-reputation.php

or here is another one

http://www.fortinet.com/support/fortiguard_services/ipreputation.html

So when a click comes in it is checked against an API like this and is classified.

Now we are all going to get some bad clicks here and there. That's normal

However in Mr. Hernandez's case he had somewhere in then neighborhood of 50% to 80% of all his inbound traffic being classified as BOT

But let's even forget about the traffic classification for a moment.

Mr. Hernandez's buyers were reporting SKY HIGH optin rates. FOR ALMOST EVERYONE! And NO SALES!

Being doing this long time. I can tell you that is very unnatural. There are squeeze pages that perform at 10% because they are multi field or are just not designed that well. And frankly buyers are happy with those pages because they know what to expect out of them. So you will see in comments that I got "10 optins and 110 clicks, very happy!"

You see none of that with Mr. Hernandez what you have is SKY HIGH optins rates, 100% T1 and NO SALES!

Go look at his solo checker account. and you will see what I mean.

https://www.solochecker.com/publicuser/index/mannyhernandez?tab=reviewwall

Just scroll down and look at all the comments. Forget the right side of the screen as those are not a count, it just buyer rating on scale of 1 to 10.

Look how many comments. You go all way down till last list year before 1 or 2 people mention a couple sales. And who knows about those.

And then keep scrolling and NO SALES.

He claimed on his website that he could run 5000 clicks a day yet you can't find a single one of his squeeze pages. He doesn't swap either. His list on here was unverified.

You add all that up.. And then on top of it all the rumors, the traffic software and it becomes VERY CLEAR what is going on.

Hope that helps,

Heather

Posted 25 Oct 2015 at 18:37
Go up
Go down