Tier 1 and non mobile

Tier 1 and non mobile
Edward T Newman
696  / 4
49 posts / 31 likes

Why did udimi mess with something that seemed to be working fine.
They used to allow upsells for tier 1 and non mobile and even other filters.
Now they seem to be set at what they were with no way to change them.
Support tells me they no longer support this and I can't adjust my prior settings.
Between 15% affiliate commissions, 10% to udimi, 2% if I ever want to withdraw my money and no way to adjust my tier 1 and non mobile pricing (except adjust my base price). hard to make any money here.

Posted 1 Mar 2016 at 17:14
Christina Pang
2 posts / 0 likes

Hi Ed,

I understand from your post that there are a number of changes introduced by udimi, and since I am new, i not sure of some things you mentioned.

Like, why is it no good to have mobile user clicks on your site? Aren't mobile users also visitors? Especially since now most people are on their mobiles most of the time.

Posted 23 Mar 2016 at 14:09
Paul Neidig
72  / 3
3 posts / 4 likes

Christina,

You are absolutely right that more and more traffic is mobile. But there are still times when you may want to promote a product that you don't want the mobile traffic and you would be willing to pay more per click to exclude mobile.

I have a product that I sell that my conversions are way higher (almost double) with non-mobile traffic. So there are reasons why someone wouldn't necessarily want mobile.

Posted 23 Mar 2016 at 17:54
Indulis Staskevics
4681  / 4
8 posts / 5 likes

Yes. There will be more and more mobile traffic. I buying a lot traffic outside solo ads (media buying) spending more then 15k every month for fresh traffic and all my pages are optimized for mobile and all I can suggest is optimize ASAP.. Sales are crushing. You will not get a lot desktop traffic anymore. People love tablets and mobile. For example eCommerce: stats showing that more then 80% people buying from mobile physical products.

Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 07:51
Tony Parzakonis
72 posts / 35 likes

I just direct the filtered traffic to my PPL/CPA rotator. All those extra clicks results in a nice bonus at the end of week. It's all good... :)

https://udimi.com/p/tonyparzakonis

Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 07:55
Edward T Newman
696  / 4
49 posts / 31 likes

The point is that UDIMI used to allow sellers to set optional prices for tier 1 only and desktop only and a few others. Customers can still choose these options if we set them up previously but we as sellers can no longer edit, set, or delete them.

Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 07:58
Tony Parzakonis
72 posts / 35 likes
Edward T Newman on 27 Mar 2016 at 07:58

The point is that UDIMI used to allow sellers to set optional prices for tier 1 only and desktop only and a few others. Customers can still choose these options if we set them up previously but we as sellers can no longer edit, set, or delete them.

Yes, I see your point. But what can we do? If we want to sell here we've got to cut our cloth accordingly.

BTW, your 1107 subject lines are still an inspiration. Keep 'em flying Ed ;)

https://udimi.com/p/tonyparzakonis

Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 09:15
Edward T Newman
696  / 4
49 posts / 31 likes

Thanks Tony.

Posted 28 Mar 2016 at 22:02
Bill Mace
83  / 1
13 posts / 4 likes

So what can we do?

Posted 1 Apr 2016 at 12:26