Results of my first solo

Results of my first solo
Imoigele Odihirin
2 posts / 0 likes

I bought a 100 clicks, 9 subscribers and 33 inactive. I don't know if that is a good performance.

Posted 8 Oct 2016 at 09:49
Alvin Tims
1 post / 0 likes

Well, that's only 11% opt in rate. Industry standard for solo's would be around 30% on the low end. so no. i would say those are not good results.
could be in your funnel, or could be the traffic.

Hope that helps ;)

Posted 9 Oct 2016 at 21:35
Heri Rosyadi
6 posts / 0 likes

do you set double optin? If i am not mistaken 33 inactive means those who haven't confirmed by clicking the confirmation link... you should make sure to use SINGLE optin for better result

Posted 10 Oct 2016 at 10:22
Joni Leung
808  / 9
82 posts / 21 likes

Couldn't agree more. Always SINGLE optin for better result

Posted 12 Oct 2016 at 03:32
Imoigele Odihirin
2 posts / 0 likes

Wow thanks. I didn't know my auto responder was set to double opt in.

Posted 12 Oct 2016 at 07:03
Guido Nussbaum
1 post / 3 likes

I disagree with this "Always Single Optin thing"... simply because the double opt-in process is the best way to tell if the solo ad seller sends quality signups or not. I always use double opt-in for testing and I can see huge differences in the confirmation rates... sometimes as low as 20% and sometimes as high as 80%. You "lose" more subscribers with single opt-in if you can't tell which solo ad provider sends you signups that open your emails.

Posted 16 Oct 2016 at 12:34
Huey Lee
15 posts / 8 likes

I agree with you all on both single optin and double optin. I've run both types of campaigns thousands of times over the years, and they both serve its own purposes. There is NEITHER a right way or wrong way about collecting leads.

The only thing that matters, at the end of the day, is ROI. Does your campaign and funnel make you money? If not, then fix it. If yes, then test more improvements.

I used to use double optin, but found that between 70-90% of the quality traffic I generate to my conversion pages are never verified again due to things outside my control, like spam filters at gateway or inbox level with the email service providers, and also people who want instant access to information but because they don't get it, they leave.

People's online attention span is very small. If you can't keep them in the first 5 seconds, they leave. That's just human nature.

But Guido does have a point about getting signups that open your email, especially if sellers are sending you LESS quality traffic from un-reputable sources.

But whether they are single optin or double optin, does NOT mean that they are better or worse. What matters is the TRAFFIC quality PLUS your conversion funnel.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted 20 Oct 2016 at 18:50
Gloria Walker
1 post / 0 likes

Don't you risk someone giving you a fake email if you decide to use single optin? I mean if someone can't take time out and confirm his/her email for something that THEY asked for, is this someone that you really want in your business? Not the serious prospect...just someone trying to get something for free...

Posted 29 Oct 2016 at 23:25
Tyronne Ratcliff
28 posts / 12 likes

My auto-responder settings are set on single optin for 95% of the campaigns I run. You might get a better lead with double-optin since they had to jump through more hoops but that isn't always the case. I want to maximize my lead flow that's why I always go with single optin.

Posted 30 Oct 2016 at 19:07
William McRea
4203  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

Dude single optin...dont waste money... I mean if you are a BIG name you may get confirmations..IF you put your name on the squeeze page...otherwise people say "hey I can get this same info from 50 other people"... Double optin is a HUGE waste of money...end of story...

12 years and 10 million in sales experience here. ALso I would be building my own ESP right now...own your business dont let Google or Aweber or Facebook take it away from you.

Good Luck

Bill

Posted 31 Oct 2016 at 00:11
Tyronne Ratcliff
28 posts / 12 likes
William McRea on 31 Oct 2016 at 00:11

Dude single optin...dont waste money... I mean if you are a BIG name you may get confirmations..IF you put your name on the squeeze page...otherwise people say "hey I can get this same info from 50 other people"... Double optin is a HUGE waste of money...end of story...

12 years and 10 million in sales experience here. ALso I would be building my own ESP right now...own your business dont let Google or Aweber or Facebook take it away from you.

Good Luck

Bill

Hey William,do you have people on your list that respond to MLM offers?

Posted 31 Oct 2016 at 00:46
William McRea
4203  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

Yeah most people on udimi do...sales come from copywriting that tricks people into buying junk or a relationship End of the day...sell good products or your success will be short term...there is no long term success for people with a short term mentality. So if you want to be a flash in the pan...you can... my advice only promote products with real value and you actually understand their compensation system...lol..anyway 14 years in this business has proven to me you need a long term mentality.

Good luck

Posted 31 Oct 2016 at 01:46
Go up
Go down