High number of filtered clicks

High number of filtered clicks
Andy Steele
281  / 1
52 posts / 42 likes

Anyone else had their percentage of filtered clicks increased today?
My last 4 solos were 30-34% which is pretty high anyway but currently sending a solo and it's 42%.

Posted 22 Dec 2016 at 20:33
Andy Steele
281  / 1
52 posts / 42 likes

I've had to lower the number of clicks I have available to sell each day.

Posted 2 Jan 2017 at 22:06
William McRea
4202  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

we have no choice but to raise prices. I don't want too but my cost have gone up 20% per order. And from everything I see these are great clicks I redirected to other orders and offers. :(

I think this is not working in anybodies favor.

Posted 2 Jan 2017 at 22:37
Irianto Wijaya
356  / 1
35 posts / 14 likes

We are talking to ourselves. It'll be nice if Udimi join our discussion here...

Posted 3 Jan 2017 at 00:33
William McRea
4202  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes
Irianto Wijaya on 03 Jan 2017 at 00:33

We are talking to ourselves. It'll be nice if Udimi join our discussion here...

While I don't disagree with you ...we are independent business people...I have ran businesses for over 40 years...things change... we must adapt and be reasonable ... even things out of out control are not out of our control.

In fairness to Udimi they are trying to provide protection to our clients....i applaud that, still, I don't get why traffic they deem NO GOOD actually generates sales for me in my own funnels.

As for now I raised my price 3 cents a click and I not longer guarantee any specific OD....

If the thought is to protect the customers the results has been higher cost of traffic.

I am a firm believer that these things work out for the best, but as an independent business I adapt to the environment. I would rather spend my time growing my business, but you also have to spend your time managing your business as well.

Posted 3 Jan 2017 at 00:50
Andy Steele
281  / 1
52 posts / 42 likes

Could this be the reason - https://blog.udimi.com/udimi-click-filter/

"Fact 5: We Even Buy Fake Traffic Just To Blacklist These Clicks For Buyers

Under fictive names, we buy thousands of clicks from fake traffic providers. They don’t know we are Udimi. After all fake clicks were delivered, we mark them as fraud inside the system and filter for all buyers, saving them thousands of dollars."

I know of some bad sellers that blend fake traffic with real traffic, it's quite possible that Udimi are flagging all of their IPs are bits when they are not.

Posted 3 Jan 2017 at 01:49
Joni Leung
808  / 9
82 posts / 21 likes
William McRea on 03 Jan 2017 at 00:50

While I don't disagree with you ...we are independent business people...I have ran businesses for over 40 years...things change... we must adapt and be reasonable ... even things out of out control are not out of our control.

In fairness to Udimi they are trying to provide protection to our clients....i applaud that, still, I don't get why traffic they deem NO GOOD actually generates sales for me in my own funnels.

As for now I raised my price 3 cents a click and I not longer guarantee any specific OD....

If the thought is to protect the customers the results has been higher cost of traffic.

I am a firm believer that these things work out for the best, but as an independent business I adapt to the environment. I would rather spend my time growing my business, but you also have to spend your time managing your business as well.

Agreed!!

Posted 3 Jan 2017 at 05:54
Joni Leung
808  / 9
82 posts / 21 likes

Funny thing is the filtered clicks showing up on some of my solo orders even I haven't started the clicks yet. Where did the clicks coming from? (Just wondering)

Posted 3 Jan 2017 at 05:56
Irianto Wijaya
356  / 1
35 posts / 14 likes
William McRea on 03 Jan 2017 at 00:50

Right on - we are not bunch of kids whinning when wind of changes blow our way, but at least udimi can respond & explain what happenned so we don't feel like they don't care.

Posted 3 Jan 2017 at 09:29
William McRea
4202  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes
Joni Leung on 03 Jan 2017 at 05:56

Funny thing is the filtered clicks showing up on some of my solo orders even I haven't started the clicks yet. Where did the clicks coming from? (Just wondering)

Sometimes this happens if you are using a system like ClickMagick and you CLOAK your link. That CLOAKED link becomes a file on the ClickMagick server and will attract a bunch of trash traffic....

I found this out the hard way a couple years ago. When ever a PAGE is rendered with ClickMagick there are bots that index the page and actually steal traffic from your campaigns....BUT it works both ways...indexed pages get traffic form bots that are looking for a way to hack the page....

Advice....never cloak your links is you use CashNetwork

Posted 3 Jan 2017 at 16:15
Joni Leung
808  / 9
82 posts / 21 likes
William McRea on 03 Jan 2017 at 16:15

Sometimes this happens if you are using a system like ClickMagick and you CLOAK your link. That CLOAKED link becomes a file on the ClickMagick server and will attract a bunch of trash traffic....

I found this out the hard way a couple years ago. When ever a PAGE is rendered with ClickMagick there are bots that index the page and actually steal traffic from your campaigns....BUT it works both ways...indexed pages get traffic form bots that are looking for a way to hack the page....

Advice....never cloak your links is you use CashNetwork

Thanks for the explanation and advice William

Posted 4 Jan 2017 at 01:56
William McRea
4202  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

THIS IS CRAZY!!!. Yestereday everything was BOTNET today everything is cookies off!!!

I purchased an order from another very reputable provider yesterday. They had to send 250 clicks to fill 110 clicks. I know they guys traffic is legit.... Why is it BOTNET one day and Cookies off the next???

I know the traffic is good...

119 filtered clicks all cookies off on one order....common!!!! Can't be true!

Posted 5 Jan 2017 at 23:00
Nicole K
1037  / 7
46 posts / 38 likes

Udimi filter is terrible. Soon all subscribers on our list will be botnet or traffic exchange. Looks like old and active subscribers are filtered and those who just joined the mailing list are not. So based on the udimi filtering system you should separate all your active subscribers and don't send any solos to that list because they will be filtered and just pissing off subscribers because they are not ending up on the page that you claimed in the email. So either send free clicks or figure out how to separate these subscribers so you don't lose them from constantly sending them to different pages (filter) because seems like Udimi won't do anything about it.

Posted 7 Jan 2017 at 00:06
William McRea
4202  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

people are either going to quit selling traffic here or raise their prices dramatically... I redirect all these "filtered' clicks and the traffic is VERY good!

I have already raised prices....when is see someone selling for less then 40 cents per click....heck even less then 50 cents per click...I laugh and know they will not be in business long.

It did not used to be that way 6 months ago and we had happy customer

Posted 7 Jan 2017 at 16:27
Andreas Arvidsson
4174  / 16
48 posts / 18 likes

If UDIMI's insane filtering can go down to more normal and understandable numbers that make sense, because it don't make any sense at all now, maybe more would be able to make an easier profits here. For me that would mean that UDIMI also would profit from this. Now it feels like we are force to raise our prices a lot to get by. It feels more like the Udimi's filtering system aren't in line with the constant changes for regular solo traffic now days, it feels like it's stuck on how solos used to work back in the days. 2 much healthy traffic / clicks are getting filtered as duplicate, botnet, spam house etc now. I think there filters are way to aggressive and therefor can't separate a big bunch of perfectly healthy click from another, especially if that click comes from same source and within a certain time frame, then it's simply getting reported as some sort of filtered click. Simply putting it, it feels like UDIMI moving in the wrong direction here...it´s getting less and less profitable, sad but true....

Posted 8 Jan 2017 at 12:40
William McRea
4202  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes
Andreas Arvidsson on 08 Jan 2017 at 12:40

If UDIMI's insane filtering can go down to more normal and understandable numbers that make sense, because it don't make any sense at all now, maybe more would be able to make an easier profits here. For me that would mean that UDIMI also would profit from this. Now it feels like we are force to raise our prices a lot to get by. It feels more like the Udimi's filtering system aren't in line with the constant changes for regular solo traffic now days, it feels like it's stuck on how solos used to work back in the days. 2 much healthy traffic / clicks are getting filtered as duplicate, botnet, spam house etc now. I think there filters are way to aggressive and therefor can't separate a big bunch of perfectly healthy click from another, especially if that click comes from same source and within a certain time frame, then it's simply getting reported as some sort of filtered click. Simply putting it, it feels like UDIMI moving in the wrong direction here...it´s getting less and less profitable, sad but true....

I think you may be on to something. The speed of delivery seems to impact filtered clicks. If I rotate swipe in my system to slow down delivery of clicks it seems to reduce the filtered clicks. If I concentrate all my clicks on one swipe...a hundred clicks can be delivered in very short time...but the filtered % goes way up...

Curious

Posted 8 Jan 2017 at 17:25
Philip Coble
2164  / 9
28 posts / 17 likes

How do we explain to our customers (since udimi does not), what is botnet traffic exchange mean? Customers think our traffic is shit, when in reality this filtered traffic effects our opt in rates, effects the amount of sales our customer will have.

Posted 9 Jan 2017 at 00:58
William McRea
4202  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

just be honest....Udimi filters are very very aggressive and filter perfectly fine clicks we sell elswere .... so you know you are getting the best of the best...don't give away clicks sell them for 50 cents + at Udimi

Now your job is to find a home for perfect good clicks Udimi filters...should not be too hard. ;)

Sell udimis filtered clicks for .35on the open market...why .35...that's the epic I am making on my filtered clicks.

Posted 9 Jan 2017 at 01:04
Nicole K
1037  / 7
46 posts / 38 likes

Udimi filters is not aggressive..it's terrible! they need to fix it. Something's wrong with their filters.

Posted 9 Jan 2017 at 19:47
Andreas Arvidsson
4174  / 16
48 posts / 18 likes

But thats probebly why it is the problem when u start looking on it's behaviour behind the obvius. But i agree, it needs to be change. It's feels more like it's not adapted or tuned to the changes and direktion solo ads are going.

Posted 9 Jan 2017 at 21:09
Philip Coble
2164  / 9
28 posts / 17 likes

Has anyone tried a delayed redirect and would this work?

Posted 10 Jan 2017 at 18:10
Go up
Go down