Changes to Solo Deals

Changes to Solo Deals
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

Hi All,

Today we’ve published big change to the way how Promoted threads work.

First of all, please accept my apologies for not publishing this change on 13th of September, as we announced earlier. We did that on purpose to avoid first day chaos when everybody bumps own thread and nobody gets first place for considerable time.

Changes:

1. All Solo Deals are equal now. 10 Promoted Solo Deals that are locked to the top do not exist anymore

2. All bumps are instant. After bump your thread gets top position until somebody else bumps too.

3. You can still buy Promoted status and it gives you all benefits as earlier (home page listing, mailing in weekly Digest, high position in search results and so on…) but it won’t lock your thread at the top of Solo Deals listing.

4. Price for Solo Deal has been lowered twice: to $75

5. New feature: Autobump. You can schedule one automatic bump of your Solo Deal, based on parameters you set. Note: if there are two autobumps set at the same time, the System will wait at least 30 minutes before bumping new thread.

I really hope these changes will benefit all of us: both sellers and buyers. If not, it is not a problem to reverse this change. I will be glad to hear your comments about new engine in this thread.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

P.S.: People who were in the queue (about 30 sellers), got refunds and $15 compensation for their inconvenience. Again, my apologies for all people who were waiting in the queue, we did that to protect community from first-day chaos.

Posted 1 Sep 2017 at 09:25
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes

Thanks for the update Uncle. I think many of us sellers will go for the Solo Deal rather than the new Promoted Status, however that may cause deals to be bumped down faster, and Promoted spots may stay in the top 3-5 positions of "Find Sellers" for longer. So a possible adjustment in future could be increasing the Promoted spot cost to for example $47 and the Solo Deal cost to be $67. Solo Deals get bumped down faster but they get a lot of views in a few hours but I think the Promoted spots could stay at the top longer so the benefits will be gotten over a longer period and in multiple locations.

By the way, I see that the "Bump to the top" option is $60, is there a difference between that and the $75 bump? Or is it only $60 if a deal is already near the top for example?

Overall I think the change will give more control, because with the previous Promoted status, sellers got a lot of orders, but then had to wait days or weeks for the next spot to be open. The previous alternative that didn't have a queue meant sellers had to wait at their computer for a spot to open up. Now there is more control and anytime sellers have spots for solos, they can bump the deal immediately and get a lot of orders within hours.

By the way, on another topic, I think the wording for "Allow the seller to start earlier than scheduled" should be changed to something like "Give seller the option to send earlier than scheduled", because the first one is often interpreted as meaning the seller must send early but the second one implies that seller has the option if they want to send early. It's not a big deal, but I think the second wording is clearer.

Posted 1 Sep 2017 at 10:56
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Fabian Tan on 01 Sep 2017 at 10:56

By the way, on another topic, I think the wording for "Allow the seller to start earlier than scheduled" should be changed to something like "Give seller the option to send earlier than scheduled", because the first one is often interpreted as meaning the seller must send early but the second one implies that seller has the option if they want to send early. It's not a big deal, but I think the second wording is clearer.

thank you for your comments.

About the checkbox, that's an easy change and we will do that

Posted 1 Sep 2017 at 12:31
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

yeah nice change....everyone has an equally fair chance of grabbing business and building a following...also I think we will spend as much money but won't have to have so much "tied"up for weeks waiting out turn.

Thanks and good luck

maybe limit people to 1 numb per day or 3 per week..just a thought

Posted 1 Sep 2017 at 13:24
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes
William McRea on 01 Sep 2017 at 13:24

yeah nice change....everyone has an equally fair chance of grabbing business and building a following...also I think we will spend as much money but won't have to have so much "tied"up for weeks waiting out turn.

Thanks and good luck

added later

maybe limit people to 1 numb per day or 3 per week..just a thought

Yeah good idea, maybe a maximum of one bump/new deal per seller every 24 hours. One per day which is seven per week is already quite a lot. The same can be done for the new Promoted status. The limit can also be adjusted (to maximum 3-5 per week) in case deals are bumped down too fast, so it's a good idea.

Posted 1 Sep 2017 at 14:30
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Fabian Tan on 01 Sep 2017 at 14:30

Yeah good idea, maybe a maximum of one bump/new deal per seller every 24 hours. One per day which is seven per week is already quite a lot. The same can be done for the new Promoted status. The limit can also be adjusted (to maximum 3-5 per week) in case deals are bumped down too fast, so it's a good idea.

I believe we will set limits if there is too much stuff going on. Right now we need a month or two to see how it works on current scheme.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 1 Sep 2017 at 14:32
Anthony Lipari
26 posts / 5 likes

Thanks for the update, I think many people will benefit from this!

Posted 4 Sep 2017 at 07:55
Go up
Go down