ATTN: Solo Ad Buyers...

ATTN: Solo Ad Buyers...
Cliff Carrigan
17 posts / 12 likes

After looking around here a bit, and seeing some of the questions, comments, and complaints, I decided to give a little clarification for those who want it.

After you have purchased a solo ad and you start getting angry messages from new subscribers demanding that you unsubscribe them immediately and that they never asked you for information in any way, don't panic!

While it really isn't likely that they signed up for your list and then magically forgot about it a few minutes later, it is possible... Unlikely but possible.

In most cases (not always - but often) what has happened is that your solo ad seller is using a software program that basically subscribes people to your list for you.

They load a list of niche specific contacts that they have purchased from a list broker into their software, and then the software subscribes them to your autoresponder, thus filling the solo ad order.

This is often done in a mix. Their real list has some clicks in it, but not enough to fill your order, so they supplement their list with the purchased list in order to complete your order.

Ultimately you end up getting real/actual subscribers as well as people who have never seen your offer before on any level.

Underhanded? Cheating? Unfair? ... Well, that depends on your own perspective.

The reality is that most of the people who end up on your list have really interacted with your niche on some level at some point, and so they really are niche targeted even though they didn't necessarily subscribe to your offer specifically.

So, being specific, you didn't actually get what you paid for because you paid for the solo ad seller to send you real subscribers (clicks) from his real email list, and he hasn't done that entirely.

On the other hand, you now have people subscribed to your list who are interested in your niche (with the exception of the few who complain).

So although they landed on your list under less than perfect circumstances, they still landed on your list, and it has been my own experience that with some relationship building you can convert the same percentage of those subscribers into buyers as you can the ones that were legitimate.

What can you do to protect yourself from this? Nothing. As long as you are buying solo ads, there will always be risk of getting this tactic used on you.

The only way to protect yourself fully is to truly do your own list building using more traditional (and costly) advertising venues.

So, before you send your next complain, or damage your own reputation and your solo ad providers reputation, take a moment to ask yourself this...

Was my true intention to get niche specific subscribers into my list, or was my intention to only get subscribers from this one specific person/seller?

Don't be too quick to answer - Take a moment to put aside your moral standing on the issue and look only at the end result. - Once you have answered that question for yourself, you'll know if you want to continue using solo ads to build your list, or if you want to use the much more expensive and time consuming approach and built it yourself.

*For the record. I am not a solo ad seller, and I do not represent this website, it's owners, or it's affiliates in any capacity. I am simply offering clarification for those who want it.

Posted 4 Sep 2014 at 02:14
Terry Orletsky
332  / 6
10 posts / 1 like

I sell ads and I buy ads, and I think this thread is way off the mark. There might be a very tiny percentage of sellers here that use these tactics. Most autoresponders will simply NOT accept new subscribers from purchased lists. If you are dealing with sellers using reputable autoresponders like aweber and getresponse, your chance of getting a lot of garbage is minimal - plus Udimi also filters suspect clicks.

Posted 1 Oct 2014 at 17:41
Alan Ortega
5 posts / 3 likes
Cliff Carrigan on 04 Sep 2014 at 02:24

See attach

Hey Cliff is nice to see you again am in your list bro lol . I bought one of your products in Warrior Forum about video marketing , awesome stuff bro ... Thanks for the Info

Posted 2 Oct 2014 at 21:17
Mohamed Hassan
34 posts / 11 likes

Thanks for your clarification Cliff.

Posted 3 Oct 2014 at 08:07
Jeff Craigmyle
2 posts / 0 likes
Wilson Ortiz on 26 Sep 2014 at 01:34

See attach

Wilson Ortiz, Wilson Ortiz, Wilson Ortiz, Have to do like everyone does, no matter where) I am a traffic buyer and I always need to check when i buy, garbage traffic does not get a second chance.

Posted 8 Oct 2014 at 00:48
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

This behavior is absolutely DESPICABLE! It's NEVER alright to add subscribers to your list without their knowledge or permission. Not only will you get complaints from them (and rightly so), they could complain to your autoresponder company and you could be banned- all because some underhanded degenerate wanted to scam you out of a few dollars! If I catch anyone doing this I will report them to Udimi support staff immediately and I will also leave negative feedback. I have bought several solos from sellers who have glowing feedback and then the solo ended up tanking. People must start leaving appropriate negative feedback when it is warranted or what good is the ratings system at all? IMO, anyone who sends any kind of fake or unsolicited traffic to your offer should be banned immediately and never let back on Udimi.

Posted 8 Oct 2014 at 01:17
Edward T Newman
696  / 4
49 posts / 31 likes

A big problem with getting subscribers just auto subscribed is that in order to cover the cost of solo most buyers try to monetize the after optin clicks. Either a OTO, another offer, or even a click bank. If the subscriber doesn't actually see the after optin page, the only time they are 100% likely to see your offer, then you just lost money.

Posted 20 Jan 2015 at 01:14
Sterling Bryant
2 posts / 0 likes
Cliff Carrigan on 04 Sep 2014 at 02:14

See attach

Thanks for the information.

Posted 20 Jan 2015 at 02:20
Sterling Bryant
2 posts / 0 likes
Terry Orletsky on 01 Oct 2014 at 17:41

See attach

Good to know, i can use info of that nature

Posted 20 Jan 2015 at 02:24
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

See attach

I disagree. I think he's right on the mark. The reason why I say this is when I first started buying solos from some of the Facebook groups, I was new and didn't really know what to look for when it comes to finding honest, ethical sellers. I got scammed quite a few times by people using these bots.

In my experience, the solo ad marketplace in general is swarming with scammers, and often times they have many testimonials, even from people who have been scammed and didn't even realize it.

One of the warning signs that you have been scammed is that many of the clicks will come from anonymous proxies, which I believe these bots use in order to make it look like the clicks are natural and coming from many unique IPs. Another warning sign is that the new subscribers you have received will be totally unresponsive. If you are one of the few marketers who still use double opt-in, you might see that you got a bunch of new subscribers, but that none of them actually confirmed their email address.

Another things that's going on is that some dishonest sellers are selling solo clicks for top dollar and then turning around and sending you cheap mobile clicks or finding one of the lesser known PPC networks and buying cheap clicks from them. Some even buy useless traffic from Fiverr and use it to send you clicks.

As far as I'm concerned, any lead that got added to my list without their knowledge and consent is totally useless. Your chances of establishing a relationship with them are slim to none. Why? Because most people get VERY upset when they receive email they didn't ask for and see it as a breach of their privacy. Good luck trying to convert that lead into a buyer.

In my opinion when you purchase solo clicks you should get top quality clicks DIRECTLY from the seller's OWN list. Another thing that I feel is wrong is "click brokering," aka "solo arbitrage." How can you know what kind of results the buyer will get if you outsource their clicks? As a seller, how could you place your reputation in the hands of someone else?

I'm sorry but I have ZERO tolerance for people who are not going to do it right. These underhanded degenerate scammers make all of us honest sellers look bad and it ruins it for everybody.

Posted 20 Jan 2015 at 02:44
Edward T Newman
696  / 4
49 posts / 31 likes

I agree with you Christopher Mollo. An BTW sorry I missed out last swap I never got an email until after I missed the deadline on SS. I just bought a solo through udimi and got almost 100% proxy clicks. I could tell because the subscribers 100% clicked my bottom most link on the after optin page, an ad. And zero of them clicked the actual well described download link and none clicked the download link in the email. Exactly the opposite of real traffic. Oddly udimi blocked only 7 of the 100 clicks that maxmind says are proxies. Sent in a support ticket to see whats up with that. I thought udimi used maxmind to detect proxies.

ant their excuse was that it was traffic from their partner so they would check with them!

Posted 20 Jan 2015 at 04:10
David Everett
29 posts / 16 likes

Underhanded? Cheating? Unfair? ... Well, that depends on your own perspective. I disagree with this statement as well as other statements you posted. First off, saying something like it depends on your own perspective is like saying there are two sides to a story. There is only one side to a story. The truth!

When I purchase a solo ad I do expect sales, not many but at least one because I know my sales funnel works. Plus it is targeted to people who are interested in my offer. And another thing. In the long run, conventional list building methods is not costly and can be cheaper.

I too see way to many testimonials about good seller. Bought 100 clicks and delivered 105 clicks. that`s it? Clicks don`t mean jack without results. Example: I recently bought 100 clicks from a member here(Did not know he was a member) It does not matter to me if he sent me extra clicks. Bottom line is I made 4 sales. Guess what? I bough more solos from this guy.

Cliff, not sure what your intentions for your post but it did get me thinking about whom I do business with.

Posted 20 Jan 2015 at 19:51
Scott Moore
2 posts / 0 likes

I don't want to spam anybody or be shutdown by Aweber. I suppose I better at least clarify this question before I buy from any seller, on udimi or anywhere else. I don't have to worry about Heather Alessandra, since she has spoken up in here. When somebody winds up on my list, I want them to be there because they asked to be there, and I want to follow up on the phone afterward and carry on a friendly conversation with them.

Posted 24 Jan 2015 at 00:20
Scott Moore
2 posts / 0 likes

See attach

I like to think you're right. I am not terribly worried about it right now. Just glad I'm aware of it

Posted 24 Jan 2015 at 00:23
Go up
Go down