I test a lot of sales funnels everyday and I'd like to offer some simple advice for staying out of the spam folders of email clients like Gmail, Yahoo and any other free email service.
If you are using pre-made email swipe, you will most likely end up in the spam box.
You and many others are using the same swipe and it only takes one spam complaint and everyone else using the same swipe end up in the spam folder.
1. Get rid of all the characters; using too many characters is a major spam trigger to emails clients like Gmail. If you are comfortable, I would avoid using all punctuation and characters.
2. Avoid using all caps; looks like shouting and it's another spam trigger
3. Keep your headlines to 8 words or less, people have short attention spans and they will mark you as spam because they think your headline is too long or they're just being a jerk.
4. Create a slight variation of the headline you're working with, doesn't have to be major; create some alternate versions and test which one converts the best.
5. If your headlines sound ridiculous to you, it probably sounds the same to your subscribers.
6. Your offers won't make you any money if people aren't seeing them so please stay out of the spam box.
To Your Success,
Great share Jen!
Remember gmail is a huge % of the email that gets read. If they read your emails and they look exactly the same as thousands of other emails...it goes to spam
Make every email you send unique.....also
Your autoresponder is another problem. If you are using a shared IP, and most of you are... your delivery is impacted by what your neighbor does. if everyone in your neighborhood spams....so do you. This is why an autoresponder like power lead system performs so poorly.
There is a lot more to it then this, I could teachs a PhD level course on email...lol
BEST OF luck