Linda
6 posts / 4 likes

How do the opt-ins work

Linda K
Posted 18 Aug 2020 at 17:52
Cheryl Basera
87 posts / 40 likes

Hi Linda,

The recipient fills out a form on a website or otherwise gives permission for the first opt-in. Then the recipient receives a second, automated email asking them to click on a link to confirm that they want to sign up. Reputable companies always use opt-in lead lists when they're sending out email marketing campaigns.

Hope this helps.

Posted 18 Aug 2020 at 19:12
Glenn Fedoruk
7059  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Cheryl Basera on 18 Aug 2020 at 19:12

Hi Linda,

The recipient fills out a form on a website or otherwise gives permission for the first OPT-IN. Then the recipient receives a second, automated email asking them TO click on a link TO confirm that they want TO sign up. Reputable companies always use OPT-IN lead lists when they're sending out email marketing campaigns.

Hope this helps.

If i can add my 2 cents as well its not recommended to use a confirmation after a led has optin . If the lead does not confirm you will lose that lead and it will not get added to your list . Get Response or Aweber have a feature that just requires a single optin ( without confirmation) This is the best for building a list . I guess the true argument is a lead that has to double optin is a stronger lead with more future potential for opens clicks and sales but expect to get 50 percent less leads if you use it .

Posted 18 Aug 2020 at 20:57
Mlmoon
76 posts / 22 likes
Linda on 18 Aug 2020 at 17:52

How do the opt-ins work

Hi Linda, were you able to get a good understanding on the opt-in process?

Mlmoon
Posted 30 Aug 2020 at 04:59
Go up
Go down