0.50 cent minimum CPC?

0.50 cent minimum CPC?
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

How do all sellers feel about a 0.50 minimum on Solo ads . 0.40 is too cheap for the costs involved now and advertising for customers outside of solos has gone up . Most ppc campaign if running in Bing cant even barely get a click at 0.40 on highly targeted keywords. i think the time has come. I dont think business will slide because all will be inline with this on the site

Posted 3 Oct 2020 at 16:40
Patrik Radacic
2006  / 18
62 posts / 39 likes

Upvote from me. We have talked about slowly going for 0.45 but as you say outside costs are higher

Posted 3 Oct 2020 at 17:18
Andreas Arvidsson
4187  / 17
48 posts / 18 likes

Yeah i agree, sounds fine by me :)

Posted 3 Oct 2020 at 20:23
Umar Suwito
408  / 8
62 posts / 32 likes

I agree too

Posted 3 Oct 2020 at 21:57
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Patrik Radacic on 03 Oct 2020 at 17:18

Upvote from me. We have talked about slowly going for 0.45 but as you say outside costs are higher

Even an increase to 0.45 is better because this 0.40 that is hovering is difficult to profit from with the fees

Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 00:19
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

I think this is a pretty serious issue that needs to be addressed.

Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 00:20
Evi Young
800  / 9
140 posts / 81 likes

Yes it's about time

I Reached 57% SALES CONVERSION sometimes ago
Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 02:50
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes

I would slightly agree if it's $0.45 per click but raising to $0.50 per click or more might be too high, particularly in this pandemic when many people are trying to jump-start their online businesses as a career or as a second income and their finances may be tight. Many industries are lowering their prices rather than increasing them. Google and Bing ads may have seen increases in CPC only because more offline businesses are using them (they are using online traffic as a way to replace foot traffic). However, offline businesses rarely use solo ads.

As well, many sellers on Facebook are charging around $0.30-$0.35 per click and even though the quality is poorer, there will be buyers who will compare prices between the two avenues, whether it's right or not. One could say that after deducting fees, you only earn around that amount here also, but buyers will not see it that way. Once you add in fees on their side, it's $0.53 per click from their perspective.

If it has to be done, it should be done gradually. Because at what point does it become price gouging or price fixing? $0.53 per click will seem high for many buyers, and not all sellers will set their price as $0.50 per click.

A reasonable compromise would be $0.45 per click, if it has be increased. Sellers who want to sell at $0.50 per click can easily do so and there shouldn't be any big issues.

Another key point is that new buyers will be more willing to purchase solos on Udimi if the minimum CPC is $0.40-$0.45 per click. The difference between $0.40-$0.45 per click and what many sellers charge on Facebook (around $0.30-$0.35 per click) is much less compared to $0.50 per click (or $0.53 after including fees). Many buyers look at pricing also as one of the factors, even though the quality on Udimi is higher.

Buyers will be more willing to buy their first solos on Udimi instead of other avenues if the pricing is competitive. The sweet spot is probably $0.40-$0.45 per click, especially for new buyers just starting to try out the solo ads, before trying out sellers with different price points.

Fabian
Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 12:36
Krystale Ciara Jones
1 post / 1 like
Fabian Tan on 04 Oct 2020 at 12:36

I would slightly agree if it's $0.45 per click but raising to $0.50 per click or more might be too high, particularly in this pandemic when many people are trying to jump-start their online businesses as a career or as a second income and their finances may be tight. Many industries are lowering their prices rather than increasing them. Google and Bing ads may have seen increases in CPC only because more offline businesses are using them (they are using online traffic as a way to replace foot traffic). However, offline businesses rarely use solo ads.

As well, many sellers on Facebook are charging around $0.30-$0.35 per click and even though the quality is poorer, there will be buyers who will compare prices between the two avenues, whether it's right or not. One could say that after deducting fees, you only earn around that amount here also, but buyers will not see it that way. Once you add in fees on their side, it's $0.53 per click from their perspective.

If it has to be done, it should be done gradually. Because at what point does it become price gouging or price fixing? $0.53 per click will seem high for many buyers, and not all sellers will set their price as $0.50 per click.

A reasonable compromise would be $0.45 per click, if it has be increased. Sellers who want to sell at $0.50 per click can easily do so and there shouldn't be any big issues.
added later

Another key point is that new buyers will be more willing to purchase solos on Udimi if the minimum CPC is $0.40-$0.45 per click. The difference between $0.40-$0.45 per click and what many sellers charge on Facebook (around $0.30-$0.35 per click) is much less compared to $0.50 per click (or $0.53 after including fees). Many buyers look at pricing also as one of the factors, even though the quality on Udimi is higher.

Buyers will be more willing to buy their first solos on Udimi instead of other avenues if the pricing is competitive. The sweet spot is probably $0.40-$0.45 per click, especially for new buyers just starting to try out the solo ads, before trying out sellers with different price points.

I agree here and back the data and facts presented along with you measuring the current global impact for the market. Thank you!

Krystale'
Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 13:42
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Fabian Tan on 04 Oct 2020 at 12:36

added later

Dentists here in Canada use a guidebook in which they have to charge from . Keeping the prices high keeps the value in the industry . Operating and selling with fees such as these at 0.35 would be ridiculous as there would be no profit at all . 0.45-0.50 is not much to charge at all and people would pay it . You dont get service with security and filtering at Facebook to ensure quality . The customers pay a bit higher cost per click because they do have this service and we pay higher fees so that should go into the cost per click .

Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 15:03
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

Trust me if we set a minmum of 0.45 it would have no impact at all when the customer scrolled for the lower price it would not be found and would still buy .The only reason its tough to set prices here at 0.50 or whtever id the customer is price shopping against each seller . The customer wont move away from this platform as there is nowhere ealse to go . Facebook doesnt allow the level of customer support

Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 15:08
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes
Glenn Fedoruk on 04 Oct 2020 at 15:03

Dentists here in Canada use a guidebook in which they have to charge from . Keeping the prices high keeps the value in the industry . Operating and selling with fees such as these at 0.35 would be ridiculous as there would be no profit at all . 0.45-0.50 is not much to charge at all and people would pay it . You dont get service with security and filtering at Facebook to ensure quality . The customers pay a bit higher cost per click because they do have this service and we pay higher fees so that should go into the cost per click .

The quality and service is higher on Udimi than Facebook groups, that's one of the reasons why the minimum CPC was raised from $0.30 per click to $0.40 per click, which at the time many people had no issues with and were happy with. That was only around a year ago. I've been here since the beginning of the site in around 2013 or 2014 and was using the solos section of the previous site Safe-Swaps since 2009 or 2010 so I've seen the evolution of the industry, last year was the first time the minimum price was increased. If we keep increasing the price at a rate of $0.10 per click per year, we all know where this is going. At higher prices, people will just buy lesser clicks to suit their budget.

$0.40, $0.45, $0.50, it's all not a big difference, it's more of a psychological thing with pricing and the main thing is to find the right price. It's a free market after all, of course there are safeguards to stop people here from selling at $0.20 per click, but at the same time, there is nothing to stop sellers from selling at $0.50 per click or more, $0.50 is not much more than the minimum of $0.40 now.

At the end of the day, it's just a slight difference, but that slight difference could be crucial. An example I have is recently one of the food delivery services I use tried to increase their delivery fees across the board by around $1, after a few weeks they changed it back to the previous pricing range, it probably didn't work for them because the price was above the ideal market price. And food delivery apps is a booming business now but they had to adjust their pricing once they found it was too high.

Fabian
Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 15:26
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Fabian Tan on 04 Oct 2020 at 15:26

The quality and service is higher on Udimi than Facebook groups, that's one of the reasons why the minimum CPC was raised from $0.30 per click to $0.40 per click, which at the time many people had no issues with and were happy with. That was only around a year ago. I've been here since the beginning of the site in around 2013 or 2014 and was using the solos section of the previous site Safe-Swaps since 2009 or 2010 so I've seen the evolution of the industry, last year was the first time the minimum price was increased. If we keep increasing the price at a rate of $0.10 per click per year, we all know where this is going. At higher prices, people will just buy lesser clicks to suit their budget.

$0.40, $0.45, $0.50, it's all not a big difference, it's more of a psychological thing with pricing and the main thing is to find the right price. It's a free market after all, of course there are safeguards to stop people here from selling at $0.20 per click, but at the same time, there is nothing to stop sellers from selling at $0.50 per click or more, $0.50 is not much more than the minimum of $0.40 now.

At the end of the day, it's just a slight difference, but that slight difference could be crucial. An example I have is recently one of the food delivery services I use tried to increase their delivery fees across the board by around $1, after a few weeks they changed it back to the previous pricing range, it probably didn't work for them because the price was above the ideal market price. And food delivery apps is a booming business now but they had to adjust their pricing once they found it was too high.

Also the seller quality will go up as well

Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 17:40
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

People are in love with UDIMI an increase will not make a diffrence

Posted 4 Oct 2020 at 17:42
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

I support 50 cents, I think it would work better.

Posted 5 Oct 2020 at 00:22
Reed Floren
13 posts / 10 likes

I don't believe that raising it across the board is a good idea especially in the current climate.

If some sellers want to raise their rates then they can do so. The market will decide who is worth the extra money and who isn't.

Posted 5 Oct 2020 at 02:29
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Reed Floren on 05 Oct 2020 at 02:29

I don't believe that raising it across the board is a good idea especially in the current climate.

If some sellers want to raise their rates then they can do so. The market will decide who is worth the extra money and who isn't.

I dont agree at all clients will always go for the cheapest

Posted 5 Oct 2020 at 07:00
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

the volume i sell when i drop my price compared to when i raise it is stagggering . sometimes increasing even by 10 cnts gets half volume because that customer now has chosen a cheaper seller

Posted 5 Oct 2020 at 07:02
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes
Reed Floren on 05 Oct 2020 at 02:29

I agree with this.

Fabian
Posted 5 Oct 2020 at 11:03
Reed Floren
13 posts / 10 likes

If solo ad traffic was a true commodity then yes price would be the only factor.

If we judged traffic only on price sources like Adfly would be by far the most popular source. Instead Facebook and Google get the majority of online ad spend and have much higher prices.

Udimi's sorting features help people make a decision on whom to buy from. Some will only pay attention to the price. The vast majority also factor in reviews, ratings, and sales. The only way a customer is going to come back is if they are getting positive results from your traffic anyways.

Your bio and signature highlight the result a customer may achieve. Not that you have the lowest price traffic. In fact you claim your traffic may be the best regardless of how much you charge.

"#1 Udimi Seller with #1 Got Sales 8 months straight. Hall Of Fame Member $Buyers List$ 100% T1 15% OD , 35-80% Optin Rate possibility . ONLY MAKE MONEY ONLINE LINKS . Repeat business suggests this is the best traffic available anywhere at any price."

"#1 Seller 8 Months Straight - #1 Got Sales - Hall Of Fame member"

You may find that raising your prices means fewer sales and more profit for you. Forcing everyone else to raise prices because you want more in your pocket falls flat.

Posted 5 Oct 2020 at 11:34
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes

I agree with all Reed has said.

In the Solo Deals section, a large majority of sellers are selling at below $0.50 per click. If it has to be changed in future, maybe the minimum CPC for the Solo Deals section should be kept at $0.40 per click (since they are deals after all), but for the rest of the site it can be $0.45. But now I don't think is the right time.

Fabian
Posted 5 Oct 2020 at 12:01
Go up
Go down