Confirmed optin?

Confirmed optin?
Marcus Whalley
19 posts / 4 likes

Hi, Just curious but when using these solo ads on here is it better to have single optin or double optin for my capture page to get better signup rates? Thanks Marcus

Posted 8 Dec 2020 at 13:29
Mogale
35 posts / 46 likes

Hi Marcus

Single Opt-in is better for Solo Ads, since solo ads is mostly cold traffic - your email follw up sequence and your intial thank you page are more important.

Make sure that your thank you page is personal and you introduce yourself and tell people to expect emails from you.

Hope this helps

Mogale one of Africa's top providers of Tier 1 traffic (98%+ Tier 1 traffic)
Posted 8 Dec 2020 at 13:50
Marcus Whalley
19 posts / 4 likes

Hi there, Thanks for your quick response, i will change this and update my thank you page to be a little more personal. Thanks for your help. Marcus

Hi there, Thanks for your quick response, i will change this and update my thank you page to be a little more personal. Thanks for your help. Marcus

Posted 8 Dec 2020 at 14:10
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

Single optin no other option will work with solo ads

Posted 8 Dec 2020 at 15:32
Marcus Whalley
19 posts / 4 likes

ok thanks for your replies

Posted 8 Dec 2020 at 17:56
Dean Lindler
3 posts / 1 like

If you are using aweber it is not good enough to simply toggle off the double opt in. You have to contact them and insist.

Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 19:00
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

single optin double optin is listbuilding suicide

Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 19:50
Mlmoon
76 posts / 22 likes
Glenn Fedoruk on 11 Jan 2021 at 19:50

single optin double optin is listbuilding suicide

Hi Glenn, when you refer to single opt-in, do you mean only requesting an email contact? If one is requesting both email and say phone contact, would this be a double opt-in?

Mlmoon.
Posted 12 Jan 2021 at 04:47
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes
Mlmoon on 12 Jan 2021 at 04:47

Hi Glenn, when you refer to single opt-in, do you mean only requesting an email contact? If one is requesting both email and say phone contact, would this be a double opt-in?

Double optin is when the subscriber has to confirm his subscription to be added on your list by clicking a link on a confirmation email that 90-95% of times lands into spam folder and will make you lose the subscriber forever.

Posted 12 Jan 2021 at 10:49
Mlmoon
76 posts / 22 likes
Maurizio Pace on 12 Jan 2021 at 10:49

Double optin is when the subscriber has to confirm his subscription to be added on your list by clicking a link on a confirmation email that 90-95% of times lands into spam folder and will make you lose the subscriber forever.

Thanks Maurizio for clarifying.

Mlmoon.
Posted 12 Jan 2021 at 17:38
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Mlmoon on 12 Jan 2021 at 04:47

no a double optin means before the optin is considered a sub it must go back to its email and verify it

Posted 12 Jan 2021 at 19:51
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

email inbox

Posted 12 Jan 2021 at 19:52
Mlmoon
76 posts / 22 likes

Thanks Glenn for clarifying. Thought I was doing something wrong by requesting both email and contact number in capture pages.

Mlmoon.
Posted 13 Jan 2021 at 09:16
Andrew David Barley
4 posts / 0 likes

Single opt in every time. People are lazy and don’t like to have to do multiple things to get what they want. Even then the confirmation email could go to spam or get missed by the user. Single opt in! :-)

Posted 26 Jan 2021 at 23:41
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Andrew David Barley on 26 Jan 2021 at 23:41

Single opt in every time. People are lazy and don’t like to have to do multiple things to get what they want. Even then the confirmation email could go to spam or get missed by the user. Single opt in! :-)

there is no other way .

Posted 26 Jan 2021 at 23:48
Steve Robison
16 posts / 5 likes
Marcus Whalley on 08 Dec 2020 at 13:29

Hi, Just curious but when using these solo ads on here is it better to have single optin or double optin for my capture page to get better signup rates? Thanks Marcus

For efficiency, single opt-in is best. For quality yield, double opt-in will absolutely confirm this person wants your stuff. I have found double opt-in to work very well in non marketing niches or ones that do not lend themselves to a plethora of crap. Library science and genetic engineers are two that come to mind. You'd be amazed at the things those people buy online.

Posted 27 Jan 2021 at 00:09
Glenn Fedoruk
7062  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Steve Robison on 27 Jan 2021 at 00:09

For efficiency, single opt-in is best. For quality yield, double opt-in will absolutely confirm this person wants your stuff. I have found double opt-in to work very well in non marketing niches or ones that do not lend themselves to a plethora of crap. Library science and genetic engineers are two that come to mind. You'd be amazed at the things those people buy online.

the only downside to that though is you will get so few leads you will be paying $4 a lead

Posted 28 Jan 2021 at 06:16
Steve Robison
16 posts / 5 likes

CPL is of little concern in some markets. I am certain you would agree that if you could pay $5 a lead that would yield 50% sales from your automation, you would jump for joy. Some markets are crazy like that. Those are the markets I love to find. Does not have to be a high ticket item, just a good profit margin from respondents. We marketers become jaded with the marketplace noise.

As I inferred above, genetic engineers, as a trade group target have their own unique needs that we common folks don't relate to. Finding those markets requires research and testing of paid marketing communications. I don't mind sharing that market segment idea because I know no one here will ever spend the resources to investigate this hot potato.

Posted 28 Jan 2021 at 14:35
Jen Johnston
111 posts / 62 likes
Marcus Whalley on 08 Dec 2020 at 13:29

Single Optin for building your list and Double Optin for segmenting your list as in creating your buyer's list.

As someone else said earlier, you need to use single optins for cold traffic because people are lazy and distracted and they are getting a million emails for similar offers.

Also, have a strong email follow-up series because the majority of your sales will happen in your follow up sequence.

As another gentleman mentioned, double optins work great for niches not featured here but won't work for anything related to make money online.

Double optins are perfect when you are selling your own product and then you use the double optin setting to create your buyer's list by having them confirm that they want the product they just bought from you and boom, you have a confirmed customer list.

This is created by connecting your payment processor to your autoresponder service through a new capture page (double optin) that you create inside your autoresponder.

Posted 28 Jan 2021 at 21:04
Steve Robison
16 posts / 5 likes

Interesting. Never thought of making my buyer confirm that they bought something. I do not follow that rationale. Please expand on that thought. At present, when I get a buyer on one of my sites they are automatically sent to a buyers list (in my autoresponder) when the transaction completes.

Posted 28 Jan 2021 at 22:15
Go up
Go down