Redirects

Redirects
Matthew Diaz
3 posts / 1 like

Hello,

Im obviously doing something wrong. When i added a 3rd link separately form the 1st two I ordered. I get this message below. When it askes to remove the redirects, it gives me a link too long. Help! What am i doing wrong. See message below

Your link redirects visitors more than 3 times!

What is a redirect?

Redirect is a link that automatically sends (hops) a visitor to another link. This is widely used by all click trackers.

Each redirect takes time. The more time your site loads, more customers you'll lose.

One second delay will result in:

- 11% fewer page views

- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction

- 7% loss in conversions

Please remove unnecessary redirects.

Posted 25 Dec 2021 at 22:04
Lia Malassa
36 posts / 32 likes
Matthew Diaz on 25 Dec 2021 at 22:04

Hello,

Im obviously doing something wrong. When i added a 3rd link separately form the 1st two I ordered. I get this message below. When it askes to remove the redirects, it gives me a link too long. Help! What am i doing wrong. See message below

WHAT IS A REDIRECT?

Redirect is a link that automatically sends (hops) a visitor to another link. This is widely used by all click trackers.

Each redirect takes time. The more time your site loads, more customers you'll lose.

ONE SECOND DELAY WILL RESULT IN:

- 11% fewer page views

- 7% loss in conversions

I think the rule of the thumb is to just use one redirect which should be for your click tracker in which redirects to your landing page later.

There is no problem if the link would be too long, it will be masked with Udimi's tracking link on the ad copy of the vendor's swipe anyway.

Posted 25 Dec 2021 at 23:30
Matthew Diaz
3 posts / 1 like
Lia Malassa on 25 Dec 2021 at 23:30

I think the rule of the thumb is to just use one redirect which should be for your click tracker in which redirects to your landing page later.

There is no problem if the link would be too long, it will be masked with Udimi's tracking link on the ad copy of the vendor's swipe anyway.

Thank you very much for the information. Much appreciated :)

Posted 25 Dec 2021 at 23:45
Victor Walthour
61 posts / 20 likes
Matthew Diaz on 25 Dec 2021 at 22:04

Hello,

WHAT IS A REDIRECT?

ONE SECOND DELAY WILL RESULT IN:

- 11% fewer page views

- 7% loss in conversions

I use redirects because most of the sellers buy traffic from one another and that leads to the same people seeing ads which in itself is a waste

Victor Walthour
Posted 26 Dec 2021 at 13:23
Matthew Diaz
3 posts / 1 like

I didn’t even think of that. Thank you Victor

Posted 26 Dec 2021 at 18:15
Go up
Go down