Quality Leads

Quality Leads
Larry Stephens
1 post / 2 likes

Over the past few years I have spent quite a bit of money on here. I have never gotten any quality leads. I am lucky to get 1 open per 100 emails sent. Always have averaged around 50% optin but very very few even open the welcome email. I hate to say it but I am pretty well done with solo ads.

Posted 1 Mar 2023 at 17:57
Glenn Fedoruk
6949  / 242
200 posts / 71 likes

If its been every vendor across the board you can't put that blame on them there are many factors involved if you don't get opens . For one check your domain ? Are you sending a cold domain out there ? What is your email copy like ? What i your sender reputation like ? Lots of things can affect your delivery and response.

Posted 1 Mar 2023 at 19:07
Randy Sult
288  / 5
35 posts / 22 likes
Glenn Fedoruk on 01 Mar 2023 at 19:07

If its been every vendor across the board you can't put that blame on them there are many factors involved if you don't get opens . For one check your domain ? Are you sending a cold domain out there ? What is your email copy like ? What i your sender reputation like ? Lots of things can affect your delivery and response.

All true. And bottom line, open rates suffer when you don't warm the email address (tied to what Glenn says about cold domain). Even when you do, Gmail has the absolute worst delivery to inbox in the industry. Sadly, even though their market share has fallen of recent, they still are the most widely used email client on earth. And because your prospects use Gmail, unless you take great care and maintain a stellar reputation with your domain and sending email address, you will not deliver much more than 50% of your emails to a Gmail inbox. They will either end up in promotions tab, or more often than not, spam.

Another major reason why people don't get good open rates on new subscribers from cold email traffic is because when you get the opt-in instead of introducing yourself first you just send them directly to an offer and then send them an email at the same time via autoresponder and they have no idea who you are. They may have opted into your capture page looking for XYZ but nowhere on that capture page or the thank you page did you attempt to introduce yourself. So then they get an email from "Joe Schmo" most likely delivered to the promotions tab and they either never even see it or they see it and say who is this? They promptly delete it without opening and the rest go to spam.

Using solo ad traffic requires more effort than 90% of the users are putting in and that's why many quit using it and fail.

Randy Sult
Posted 2 Mar 2023 at 00:41
Randy Sult
288  / 5
35 posts / 22 likes

And just to give you an idea of how horrible Google is...

I am currently trying to improve my Google inbox deliverability as an email marketer myself. So I have created a new email address on my personal domain and I am hosting the email through Google Workspace. It is a brand new email that I am currently running through a warmup service. Even though Google is hosting the email address, they are sending over 46% of the test emails to spam folder in Gmail address boxes. And I haven't even begun to test emails related to internet marketing. So to sum it up... Google sucks, but we have to try our best to reach our prospects. That's the level of commitment it takes to be successful at this business.

To your massive success,

Randy Sult
Posted 2 Mar 2023 at 00:56
Go up
Go down