Hey Buyers: Are you using double optins to prevent spam bots?

Hey Buyers: Are you using double optins to prevent spam bots?
Benjamin Dovinh
4 posts / 1 like

My first solo ad buy, I got 115 quality clicks.

I got 68 unconfirmed subscribers in ConvertKit.

This is traffic who signed up for my lead magnet, then never even confirmed subscription to get their lead magnet.

Does this seem suspicious to you?

(I must mention I did get 2 buyers, although 1 did not have sufficient $ in their bank for the Stripe transaction to go through - so just 1 real buyer.)

I think it is very strange 68 people sign up to get something, then never download it. It makes me think the traffic is bot traffic.

Please let me know if this is a common experience, if I can even trust Udimi solo ads, or if it's completely irregular.

Benjamin Dovinh
Posted 9 Jul 2023 at 07:24
Evi Young
800  / 9
140 posts / 81 likes
Benjamin Dovinh on 09 Jul 2023 at 07:24

This is traffic who signed up for my lead magnet, then never even confirmed,  subscription to get their lead magnet.

DOES THIS SEEM SUSPICIOUS TO YOU?

(I must mention I did get 2 buyers, although 1 did not have sufficient $ in their bank for the Stripe transaction to go through - so just 1 real buyer.)

I think it is very strange 68 people sign up to get something, then never download it. It makes me think the traffic is bot traffic.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS A COMMON EXPERIENCE, IF I CAN EVEN TRUST UDIMI SOLO ADS, OR IF IT'S COMPLETELY IRREGULAR.

1 sales from 115 clicks is an outstanding result.

Unconfirmed subscribers on a double opt-in page can occur due to several reasons:

Email delivery issues: The confirmation email might end up in the recipient's spam or junk folder, causing them to miss it. Additionally, certain email providers may have stricter filters that prevent the email from reaching the subscriber's inbox.

Typos or incorrect email addresses: Subscribers might accidentally enter incorrect email addresses or make typographical errors during the sign-up process. This can result in failed delivery of the confirmation email and leave them as unconfirmed subscribers.

Delayed or lost confirmation emails: In rare cases, technical glitches or server issues can lead to delays or even loss of confirmation emails. This can prevent subscribers from receiving the email and confirming their subscription.

User error or confusion: Some subscribers may not understand the double opt-in process or be unfamiliar with confirming their subscription via email. They may ignore or misunderstand the confirmation request, leading to unconfirmed status.

To mitigate unconfirmed subscribers, it's advisable to implement best practices such as optimizing the confirmation email's deliverability, providing clear instructions, and ensuring the email stands out in the subscriber's inbox. Additionally, regularly monitoring and following up with unconfirmed subscribers can help encourage them to complete the confirmation process or remove them from the list if necessary.

*keep this in mind that most of subscribers received hundreds of emails on a daily basis

I Reached 57% SALES CONVERSION sometimes ago
Posted 9 Jul 2023 at 07:56
Thomas Freeman
2880  / 19
55 posts / 18 likes

This is traffic who signed up for my lead magnet, then never even confirmed subscription to get their lead magnet.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS A COMMON EXPERIENCE, IF I CAN EVEN TRUST UDIMI SOLO ADS, OR IF IT'S COMPLETELY IRREGULAR.

Need more info:

Ok, total clicks 115

How much of them opted in - 68 ?

So, total 68 subscribers in Convertkit?

Out of 68 subscribers - how many of them confirmed their email?

How many out of 68 subscribers opened follow up message?

Something to start with and after there will be answer to each of my question, I could give what I think :)

poh-j
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 20:02
Benjamin Dovinh
4 posts / 1 like
Thomas Freeman on 11 Jul 2023 at 20:02

Need more info:

Ok, total clicks 115

How much of them opted in - 68 ?

So, total 68 subscribers in Convertkit?

Out of 68 subscribers - how many of them confirmed their email?

How many out of 68 subscribers opened follow up message?

Something to start with and after there will be answer to each of my question, I could give what I think :)

Yes: 115 total clicks from 1 solo ad, which turned into 68 of what ConvertKit calls Unconfirmed Subscribers.

They opted in, but for some reason, didn't open or click the Confirm Subscription double optin email.

I then manually emailed them with my Google Workspace email and none of them -- zilch, zip, nada -- have replied or confirmed subscription.

Benjamin Dovinh
Posted 11 Jul 2023 at 20:10
Thomas Freeman
2880  / 19
55 posts / 18 likes
Benjamin Dovinh on 11 Jul 2023 at 20:10

Yes: 115 total clicks from 1 solo ad, which turned into 68 of what ConvertKit calls Unconfirmed Subscribers.

They opted in, but for some reason, didn't open or click the Confirm Subscription double optin email.

I then manually emailed them with my Google Workspace email and none of them -- zilch, zip, nada -- have replied or confirmed subscription.

Thanks.

With double opt in I would look for ~ 15-20 subscribers from 115 clicks.

-If there is NONE subscribers who confirmed and EVERYTHING on your side is OK, there is big reason for investigation more.

-I would also check did those subscribers clicked on my thank you page/offer and if there is also none or close to none clicks, there is another BIG reason to investigate.

p.s.

To use DOUBLE OPTIN is quite newbie's mistake. That my experience since 2012. BUT that is another story.

Have a good day !

Thomas

poh-j
Posted 12 Jul 2023 at 08:27
Eric Robinson
2 posts / 0 likes

Most of the traffic is bot traffic. The same people who does not confirm will not even open an email if you remove the confirmation requirement.. So you'll have to buy a lot of traffic to get real people

Posted 23 Sep 2023 at 16:02
Go up
Go down