A better and objective rating

A better and objective rating
Francisco Fernandez
10 posts / 5 likes

Hello Everybody,

I opened a support ticket but maybe I should have posted it here. Sorry for the duplicate.

What do you guys think?

It would be nice to have a more objective rating system. Phrases like "Good solo", "Good solo will do again", "great solo thanks" are not very helpful. Statistics speak for themselves.

Would it be good to make mandatory to add data like:

Clicks delivered:____ Opt-ins:____ Sales:____

What do you all think?

Posted 11 Dec 2014 at 12:19
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

I think the sales part is objective(shouldn't be taken as a good or bad solo) and the optins most say in there comments.... Rick Ling

Posted 11 Dec 2014 at 13:44
Francisco Fernandez
10 posts / 5 likes

Thanks Rick! I think you are right. What happens to me is that when I read the ratings, they seam too general and subjective some times. It's hard for me to decide which provider is my best choice. I guess is just a matter of trial and error with small samples first. Of course there are many variables involved. Probably the solo add is good but your offer is not. Or maybe your offer is great but the email list is not responsive. It's just hard to measure. Any ideas on how to improve your solo add success?

Posted 11 Dec 2014 at 16:15
Arjan Van Hemert
39 posts / 7 likes

I think it's also important to build trust on your subscribers base otherwise you can try to sell them gold for cheap. But if they Don't trust you, they won't buy from you. Trust is the main key to online success. Pls forgive me my Dutchy English

Posted 11 Dec 2014 at 16:51
Randy Fisher
2 posts / 0 likes

Hello Arjan, What are you using to gain the respect and trust from your prospects. Your statement is correct, but it seems that I may be in a slump. As the optins are not happening as one would expect. Thanks

Hello Arjan, What are you using to gain the respect and trust from your prospects. Your statement is correct, but it seems that I may be in a slump. As the optins are not happening as one would expect. Thanks

Posted 11 Dec 2014 at 17:44
Arjan Van Hemert
39 posts / 7 likes

I don't start with selling to them but I give free products away like info products and software etc. I ask them if I can help them with anything. If you don't ask you'll never know.

Think of it when you have a real shop... If you stay behind the cash desk and don't help your customers and don't show some interest... Your shop would become very empty soon...

Posted 11 Dec 2014 at 18:06
Francisco Fernandez
10 posts / 5 likes

Great comments Arjan. No problem with your Dutchy English. Mine is Spanishy :-)

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 02:34
Francisco Fernandez
10 posts / 5 likes
Arjan Van Hemert on 11 Dec 2014 at 18:06

See attach

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 02:34
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

Sounds like the records is scratched lol.....

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 11:00
Francisco Fernandez
10 posts / 5 likes

lol This thing is not working! lol It seems like the send button does not do anything that is why I kept pressing it. Probably Randy had the same problem. :-)

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 14:37
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

let me check this s#$t

worked fine

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 14:47
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

I am totally OPPOSED to this.

1. Not everyone tracks these items.

2. Different pages have different optin rates. Not everyone has OTO's or is trying to make initial sales.

3. Some people have broken links, broken pages that I am not responsible for. If you made those mandatory then their irresponsible actions would be reflected in my feedback.

4. We are already pushing the "FEATURE BLOAT" envelope here on Udimi. How do I know, because I am starting to get many more support questions on "How do I buy?" "What does this mean" "Where are my clicks" then I ever used too.

Too many times businesses over complicate things and it is their demise. Let's continue to keep it simple around here.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out who the good sellers are by looking at the sheer quantity of feedback and the reading comments surrounding them.

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 17:43
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

Yeh back to the topic I am opposed to like Heather cause on another site I got caught out cause had ratings for sales and if made none feedback given was a score of 0 which badly affected ratings hmm... especially if other levels were high but that was major let down and now is affecting sellers on what its called there REP... Have since changed to if no sales available in offer N/A but still think not a good rating point... (Horse had bolted in most cases though)

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 18:34
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

FWIW I agree with Heather, there are too many variables at the other end to make those kind of stats have any real worth. Keeping it simple is the way forward.

Francisco, the way to work out which vendors are WORKING for you is to test them *yourself*. Seriously, you are going to get lists that like your offer and those that it doesn't work so well with. Tracking and testing yourself is the way to go, then you know what works for YOU and WHICH VENDORS to buy your solos from.

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 19:04
Rick Ling
218  / 3
220 posts / 41 likes

Which costs money but what doesn't, consider it like your testing a product to see if you like it if not you go to the next its the same as solo sellers within reason... I'll be honest see too many person here in UDIMI asking for heads up on person list what your daily leads intake what leads how you get them um do you mail every day what else these sort of question are annoying as far as I'm considered will they like my offer when its a freebie etc and has your list seen it before... hmm... Just saying lol...

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 19:19
Aj Simon
4 posts / 3 likes

I agree with Heather. Most of the time people are trying to promote an offer that is just too saturated and they expect sales when subscribers are sick of seeing these offers. The only thing you can do as a seller is tell them what to expect when promoting such an offer. Why should the seller have to suffer by receiving a bad rating when it had nothing to do with the quality of their traffic? It's just silly. Buyers should take responsibility for the offers they want to promote and communicate with sellers to increase their chances of receiving a great service. Sellers should give feedback and advice on how to improve the buyers capture page and offer. We should all be trying to make this experience pleasing.

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 19:43
Randy Fisher
2 posts / 0 likes

After reading all the replies and Heathers point, having to agree with Heather. Very valid points were stated that turned my vote No!

Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 21:03
Mohamed Hassan
34 posts / 11 likes

The right thing to do Francisco , is to test it yourself. What kind of lists works well with your offer and what doesn't work. But I fully agree with Aj that sellers should give feedback and advice on how to improve the buyers' capture page and offer ,and also we all responsible for making this experience pleasing.

Posted 13 Dec 2014 at 01:28
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Overall I disagree that a seller "Should" be giving advice on how to improve a page/offer, Mohamed (and I'm very pro customer service). The vendors job is to deliver targeted traffic to the customers offer/landing page. Really it's not to offer coaching on how to improve the page itself, that's down to the customer to tweak and test until they are happy with how it is converting. Generally speaking, you should have an idea of how your offer is converting on average, prior to purchasing traffic OR you should be using solos as a means to test out the offer itself and tweak/split test it as required.

Posted 13 Dec 2014 at 02:20
Mohamed Hassan
34 posts / 11 likes

With my respect to all opinions here,but I see if the seller will face the buyer's rating and judgement,why doesn't the seller offer his advice if there is a need for that?

Posted 13 Dec 2014 at 07:20
Francisco Fernandez
10 posts / 5 likes

Dean thanks for your advice. I agree. Testing is the way to go. It involves investing, but it will pay off in the long run. To add to the discussion, I also think that good communication with the seller is important. Although Rick said he does not like some questions that buyers ask, it's important to know things about the seller's list. I've seen sellers buying lists from other sellers within UDIMI. This recycling of lists hurts the quality of leads. In the end the buyer is sending offers to the same people that belong to two different lists. As far as the seller giving advice to the buyer, I think is godd. We are all here to help each other. Networking with people and making friends is important in this business.

Posted 13 Dec 2014 at 13:54
Go up
Go down