Isn't It Time For The Sellers To Be Protected Too?

Isn't It Time For The Sellers To Be Protected Too?
George Kapo
821  / 5
22 posts / 19 likes

I have been here to Safe Swaps and then Udimi over two years now and I have seen to many changes, some are good and some ...well... not so... what I'm saying is that as a seller I want to be protected too from buyers that are new here and do not know what a possitive rating is for and for others that put a negative rating on purpose just to get some free clicks (there are not many luckily) ... Most of us here know that when you book a solo ads there is no quarantee neither on the opt in rate nor at sales ... I think it is unfair for all to put a negative rating just because you had NO SALES!!! Really now? Even if you have buyers on your list you will never know if they buy the product that you promoting !!! It's time for Udimi to do something for the sellers too and not just only for the buyers, so we can be able to remove the negative ratings in more ways that full refund . Thank you for reading , George

Posted 10 Aug 2015 at 23:30
George Kapo
821  / 5
22 posts / 19 likes

I'm just asking for equality in sellers and buyers , I am both and I want to be covered both ways . This is not negotiable ... it must be done... I am still supriced that I am the first asking something so logical as protection !!!!

Posted 15 Aug 2015 at 23:12
Peter Hunt
4 posts / 3 likes
George Kapo on 15 Aug 2015 at 23:12

See attach

I think it is simpler, the problem is What really is a solo and what is to be reasonably expected, a good seller will ALWAYS seek to satisfy his or her buyers. Since when did you enjoy a purchase that didn't provide the expected experience. Udimi needs to tighten its ship or both sellers and buyers will start to jump ship, by the way have you heard about a udimi like site....................................................................

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 05:52
George Kapo
821  / 5
22 posts / 19 likes

This is not about satisfaction cause there are people that are never satisfied, is about what is wrong and what is right and the right thing is both sellers and buyers to have the same expectations from each other .

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 17:06
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
340 posts / 161 likes
Peter Hunt on 16 Aug 2015 at 05:52

See attach

your right it is about the buyer and seller relationship

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 17:15
Mark Joel Haydin
1621  / 13
60 posts / 36 likes

Just had one of my buyers finally get back to me to leave some feedback after almost a month of him analyzing the open rates of the optins i gave him and he wrote to me this: HI Mark, sorry but it seems that the time to leave a rating has ended.... What is the go with that? Why the hell is there a time limit on leaving feedback? I waited for him to analyze the open rates then, he can't leave feedback for me to unlock the funds in my account that udimi should not be holding for such a long time, it makes it almost impossible for new people on udimi to succeed, we will just be doing free solos and not get paid for months.

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 20:26
Aaron Wesley Means
22 posts / 9 likes

Mark all I can say is wow. You make a good point. And that has me thinking further.....I have some buyers wanting straight traffic to their sales funnels lately (no lead capture) and that makes it even "scarier" for the seller in situations like these - we can provide fresh, interested clickers but how are we responsible for the sales results?... not to mention the quality of their followup email campaign, over the course of a month!? That's just nuts. The marketer buying the solo must build a good funnel, doing what is necessary before buying the solo, and after the clicks have delivered. The seller provides a quality, fresh solo of interested clickers. That's it.

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 20:31
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Mark Joel Haydin on 17 Aug 2015 at 20:26

See attach

You need to understand the history here. While back there were LOTS of scammers coming here (really when solos were sold on Safe Swaps) S\selling a high number of solos then running off before there was a chance to claw the money back.

Udimi instituted the new seller polices to prevent this. It's nothing against you personally but you need to understand the extended delay in payment and feedback requirements are to separate legit, serious sellers from the scammers as well as to protect buyers. IT'S A GOOD THING.

And there should be a feedback cutoff time. If there was not, people would come back here months later and try and blame you for all kinds of things out of your control in order to try and extort a refund. It shouldn't take a buyer days to test open rates. A single email after a solo is completed is all that is needed.

Posted 18 Aug 2015 at 14:53
Aaron Wesley Means
22 posts / 9 likes

Maybe a good solution is... after the feedback cutoff date, if the buyer has not made any updates, it defaults to some sort of "normal" settings, which releases the commissions... that way both ends are covered.

Posted 18 Aug 2015 at 14:56
Mark Joel Haydin
1621  / 13
60 posts / 36 likes

Yeah I agree Aaron.

Posted 18 Aug 2015 at 15:03
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Mark Joel Haydin on 18 Aug 2015 at 15:03

See attach

Just so you know. Once you get the past the new seller rules payments are placed in your account the instant a solo is complete.

I typically find that being desperate for money is not a trait of a high quality sellers.

Typically the high quality sellers I know have cut their chops on other places like Facebook or Skype. They usually have other sources of revenue so they can sustain the new seller rules here without it being any issue whatsoever.

Posted 18 Aug 2015 at 16:34
Mark Joel Haydin
1621  / 13
60 posts / 36 likes

Heather, That is great that you get paid straight after your solo is complete, and giving out a personal attack to me on here as if I'm not a high quality seller is quite rude, I always work hard to make sure my customers are happy... I am not attacking you, but you come out here with your guns blazing for some reason accusing me of being a low quality seller, I am merely stating a fact about what happens here.....and I do have revenue coming in from elsewhere but that is none of your business and irrelevant to what is happening here on udimi. I am just agreeing with what Aaron had to say and was telling people what has been my experience on udimi with buyers and sellers.

Also agree with George :)

Posted 18 Aug 2015 at 17:39
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Mark Joel Haydin on 18 Aug 2015 at 17:39

See attach

I apologize if you took it personally. It was not meant as a personal attack and have no where accused you of being a low quality seller. I don't know who you are. I have never purchased a solo from you or examined your traffic so there would be no way for me to draw that conclusion.

All I am simply doing is trying to comment on the logic and reasoning of the current system in place.

I was here before the system was implemented and participated in some of the discussions prior to it's roll out. Therefore, I feel I have some unique insight into it.

I can empathize with your struggle to get past the new seller system but I can also assure you that it is in place for good reason.

1. To protect the ongoing reputation of Udimi and all sellers here as quality dealers of email traffic.

2. To protect buyers from nefarious, fly by night sellers who are only interested in stealing money.

Cheers, Heather Heather

Posted 18 Aug 2015 at 19:13
Mark Joel Haydin
1621  / 13
60 posts / 36 likes

Heather,

Thanks for clarifying, I completely understand that. But like I agreed before, if people fail to leave feedback in the specified time, then there should be some sort of neutral feedback left. And next time maybe don't assume because people might need some cash flow that they are not a high quality seller. No hard feelings, I'm just getting use to udimi, not use to using a middle man for my business.

Thanks, Mark.

Posted 18 Aug 2015 at 19:48
George Kapo
821  / 5
22 posts / 19 likes

You are all have your point here but the bottom line is that Udimi should and must protect also the sellers .

Posted 21 Aug 2015 at 10:41
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
George Kapo on 21 Aug 2015 at 10:41

See attach

With all do respect I think they already do. Over the years I have seem them ban all kinds people. Not sure what more they can do.

Personally I don't think it would be fair to buyers to have all their negatives subject to review. And for this place to continue to be successful it has to be tilted in the buyers favor. If people get the sense that rating are not being heard and removed arbitrarily cause you disagree with them then I think the integrity of this site would be in real trouble.

The best thing to do is when you run into a negative, is swallow your pride, work with the buyer till they are satisfied or refund them if you have too. And this is not only true for the solo ads business but all businesses in general.

Posted 21 Aug 2015 at 15:09
Christian Grey
5 posts / 2 likes
Heather Alessandra on 21 Aug 2015 at 15:09

See attach

sorry but it is not a matter of pride. I always find a way to work with most of the buyers but some of them for example are placing a bad rating because they don't have any sales. Is it my fault If I deliver all the unique and heavilly filtered clicks that they have ordered but they don't have a sale? I don't think so... Secondary there are also a few buyers that unfortunately are giving a bad rating in order to take a refund in order to remove the bad rating. I am a member here for almost 3 years and Udimi puts me in the same place with someone who is a member for 1-2 months and has purchased a couple of solos and doesn't even bother to answer my messages... Something has to be done and the guys from Udimi have to find a fairer way to treat us buyers.

Posted 21 Aug 2015 at 19:48
George Kapo
821  / 5
22 posts / 19 likes

I couldn't agree more with you Christian . With all do respect Heather Alessandra I do not agree with you at the slicest . I am a seller and a buyer here and I know how Udimi works in both ways. We need equality . I don't ask nothing more than that .... and you think that I ... we are asking too much ?

Posted 21 Aug 2015 at 23:14
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

@George We already have tools to deal with negatives. Either get the buyer to remove it or refund. Not sure specifically what else it is you want?

@Christian - Pride? I swallowed that long ago for the sake of CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and business has never been better.

Posted 22 Aug 2015 at 03:51
Andy Laurents
11 posts / 8 likes

I'm a noob here so perhaps am not an authority to speak but...really, if you have a buyer that just blasts you with a negative to get a refund then that's a one-time purchase for them. Wouldn't you simply refuse to sell to them again? The old, "rip me off once, shame on you - twice, shame on me" approach? Are there so many of these jerks that if you refuse to sell a second time to every one of them you'd have no buyers? I can assure you, you'd have at least me as a buyer cuz I'm extremely fair to everyone and do not rip anyone off. I have to high of personal integrity to do that.

Okay, I'm done...great conversation. I personally enjoy a cool-headed debate where a subject is dug into from opposing sides.

Posted 22 Aug 2015 at 04:06
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Andy Laurents on 22 Aug 2015 at 04:06

See attach

Glad you can tell this is a friendly debate. Cause it is :)

Yes there are always a few unsavory individuals but I have sold over 1000 solos over the years here and it such a small fraction that I don't think it is worth upsetting the current balance. I just refund them, never sell to them again and move on.

Posted 22 Aug 2015 at 05:33
Go up
Go down