Time to share a frustration

Time to share a frustration
Andy Laurents
11 posts / 8 likes

WHY do sellers arbitrarily reject a job and do not communicate back to the buyer?? See, to me, this is a reason to give negative feedback on a seller. It's RUDE to reject and give no reason/explanation. I know as a buyer I want to know what I'm doing wrong and/or if that seller just doesn't accept my particular niche. I'll say it again for emphasis: Silence is rude! Nicole K - I will be remembering your name for any future campaigns I'll be running.

Posted 15 Aug 2015 at 21:27
Dion Bentley
11 posts / 24 likes

I am a buyer, but I don't agree with you. Sellers don't have to post billion of excuses, if your swipe or site doesn't fit them.

Just move on to the next seller, udimi hides a rejected seller in search results and I find it very convenient.

but I DO agree about completely silent sellers.

And my tip to all sellers: communicate a lot, cause we love that much.

Posted 15 Aug 2015 at 22:07
Nicole K
1037  / 7
46 posts / 38 likes

Andy, rejected your solo without a note is not silence or rude. Writing a reason for rejection is optional and not a requirement. You should contact the seller first if you want to know why it was rejected and include the url that was rejected. I reject a lot of solo ads for many different reason.. because I don't like it, doesn't fit my list, similar solo that was recently sent, bad landing pages, poorly written solo ad, broken website, suspended hosting accounts, etc. If buyers want to know why it was rejected they usually send me a message with the url and I tell them why...and when I have time I give them advice too.

Posted 15 Aug 2015 at 22:34
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Andy Laurents on 15 Aug 2015 at 21:27

See attach

Just curious have you tried messaging the seller and specifically asking? A lot of us get very busy.

Posted 15 Aug 2015 at 22:37
Andy Laurents
11 posts / 8 likes

Well, alright then - I stand corrected. If I could delete my post I would. It's just that the buyers are busy, too, and it takes time to set up the purchase and to just have it rejected with no explanation...okay. Guess the newbies will just have to figure out which buyers are not interested in what they are advertising (or whatever the reason would be to reject).

Uh... which sellers, that is.
Maybe we need a thread: "Potential reasons a seller might reject a buyer's ad swipe"
Just a thought...

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 00:20
David Everett
29 posts / 16 likes
Andy Laurents on 16 Aug 2015 at 00:20

See attach

No need for a thread. You can message sellers before purchase and ask questions like what niche is your list in or interested in? How often is your list updated? what`s the average age of your subscribers? Will my solo be sent to buyers? How many buyers? As buyers of solo ads, don`t be so quick to pull the trigger. Do your home work before plopping your money down.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 04:30
Carlos Costa
15 posts / 8 likes

Required or not, I think it would be courteous to write a quick sentence explaining why you rejected the customer's order. It takes all of 10 seconds and the customer could appreciate it.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 08:50
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Carlos Costa on 16 Aug 2015 at 08:50

See attach

i agree

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 16:15
Andy Laurents
11 posts / 8 likes

Prime example of helpfulness: Had a reject. Seller sent quick message: "Your ad is more geared toward the intermediary internet marketer. My list may not be responsive" Wow... thank you!!! That tells me either I need to change my swipe or find a more targeted list. Did seller have to do that? Nope - and I get that. But for someone that's new, it sure is helpful and in the end I'm going to be considering that seller for future campaigns. One thing my mentor had taught me well - true, long-term success is about relationships. I'll just leave it at that and thank y'all for your feedback; apologize to those I may have offended and .. move on.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 16:51
Carlos Costa
15 posts / 8 likes

^ Exactly that. It's called customer service. I agree silence is rude and disrespectful. To Udimi: Maybe after clicking the reject button, a text box can appear where the seller has to type out a reason? But polite sellers could do that now. You made your point very well Andy.

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 12:17
Dion Bentley
11 posts / 24 likes
Carlos Costa on 17 Aug 2015 at 12:17

See attach

I believe it works exactly as you said

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 12:26
Carlos Costa
15 posts / 8 likes

You mean they already get a text box appear if they press reject? If so, then excellent, it only takes them 10 seconds to write it, no excuses left!

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 12:37
Dion Bentley
11 posts / 24 likes
Carlos Costa on 17 Aug 2015 at 12:37

See attach

yes, instantly after they click reject

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 13:59
Go up
Go down