User on my list from a solo ad asking me WHY they are on my list!?

User on my list from a solo ad asking me WHY they are on my list!?
Matt
6 posts / 0 likes

Can someone advise why a person who (on the face of it) opted into one of my lists via a solo ad, is asking me WHY they are receiving my emails as they never signed up & have no idea what my emails are referring too?

my optin page is clear & concise - is related to my swipes - with photo, domain & email address that they should expect to see in future emails....

this is getting more & more frustrating by the day :-(

(i have duplicate optin addresses aswell as strange optin email address syntax)

your thoughts?

cheers

Posted 5 Jul 2017 at 15:50
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Any list of 1000 is going to get daily complaints, the bigger the list
the more complaints. People opt into things and then forget all the
time. Some percent of optins to your list are going to bad, nothing can
ever be 100%. You have to judge if most of the optins you are getting are good are not, and try different solo sellers 50 clicks at a time to get a feel for different peoples traffic.
Focusing on one or two bad optins is a waste of time, you have to look
at the bigger picture and your list as a whole. You can also use the
Udimi Email Validator to check your list, it will run checks on each of
your email subscribers to see if they are real or not.

Posted 5 Jul 2017 at 22:48
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

that's normal, sometimes people just subscribe and forget. As Harrison James mentioned in his post, you'll never have 100%

P.S.: Sometimes I have no idea what Amazon delivered to me, until I open the box...

Posted 6 Jul 2017 at 00:35
Dean James
27 posts / 21 likes

Matt, people forget you fast online. They even forget what they have purchased the day before.

You have to remember they are not just on your list.

They could be on dozens of other lists and marketers are mailing them every day.

You can't expect everyone to remember who you are even if you make it clear and concise to them when they sign up.

Human nature is such that people do complain. Some people are never happy, some are forgetful and some you will never want to do business with again.

That is the price of doing business and you have to develop a thick skin or you will doubt yourself/moderate what you are doing based on a tiny percentage of vocal people.

I once did an experiment by replying to anyone that unsubcribed from my list. I addressed whatever it was they wrote about when they left a comment.

Do you know how many of those unsubscribed replied to my personal message?

0. ZERO.

Now I just delete them without even reading it's not worth your time. They are off your list - good, they were never going to buy anything anyway.

If someone complains they are removed from your list automatically so do not sweat it.

My 2 penneth!

Posted 7 Jul 2017 at 13:33
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

simple...look at your optin form...does have your picture or name...nope

Did you introduce yourself with an immediate email...probably not

Swipe...they spen 5 seconds reading you swipe, lanung page and thank you page

You have no relationship with list members

Posted 11 Jul 2017 at 13:18
Matt
6 posts / 0 likes

William - as per my original post...

I do have a photo

I do have my name

I do specify my email address & domain

I do introduce myself

Thanks for the input.............

Posted 11 Jul 2017 at 13:25
Sachin Kulkarni
3 posts / 2 likes
Matt on 05 Jul 2017 at 15:50

Can someone advise why a person who (on the face of it) opted into one of my lists via a solo ad, is asking me WHY they are receiving my emails as they never signed up & have no idea what my emails are referring too?

my optin page is clear & concise - is related to my swipes - with photo, domain & email address that they should expect to see in future emails....

this is getting more & more frustrating by the day :-(

(i have duplicate optin addresses aswell as strange optin email address syntax)

your thoughts?

cheers

Most people dont use thank you page after some one optin...this is very IMp as they should know from who they are going to get emails ..So if you send it to sales offer directly then chances are they will not recollect to which site they have subscribed. I always have my Personal Pic and Facebook profile on my thank you page so that it gets you connected with subscriber more positively

Thanks

Sachin

Posted 13 Jul 2017 at 04:09
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes
Matt on 11 Jul 2017 at 13:25

William - as per my original post...

I do have a photo

I do have my name

I do specify my email address & domain

I do introduce myself

Thanks for the input.............

Lol.sorry well done...then people have short memories..

Posted 18 Jul 2017 at 18:42
Go up
Go down