Changes to Promoted Solo Deals

Changes to Promoted Solo Deals
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

No more queue for Promoted now? Also can't see position in promoted queue if we have a queued Promoted Deal?

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 07:20
Maurizio Pace
3475  / 14
127 posts / 94 likes

Was wondering the same...

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 07:34
Tomenyuk
219 posts / 71 likes

The queue was cancelled. All threads which were ordered, will be published according to their place in a queue.

In the future you would be able to order place in the Promoted section, just as it was before and they will be published immediatelly.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 08:12
John Coburn
3680  / 13
31 posts / 31 likes

Quote: "The queue was cancelled. All threads which were ordered, will be published according to their place in a queue." ...

I had purchased a solo promotion scheduled for tomorrow 11th August. Now I have no idea if it is going to happen or not.

My dashboard tells me that my promotion has now been delayed to No.10 in the queue.

When can I expect to see my promotion go live ?

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 08:33
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

It was so hard to get promoted spots without the queue, had to wait until the exact moment it was available and hope no one got the spot a second before you

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 08:35
Tomenyuk
219 posts / 71 likes
James on 10 Aug 2017 at 08:35

It was so hard to get promoted spots without the queue, had to wait until the exact moment it was available and hope no one got the spot a second before you

Post your suggestions on our forum.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 08:49
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

It just seems like not having a queue for promoted deals is going backwards. But the only constant is change I suppose.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 08:54
Tomenyuk
219 posts / 71 likes
John Coburn on 10 Aug 2017 at 08:33

Quote: "The queue was cancelled. All threads which were ordered, will be published according to their place in a queue." ...

I had purchased a solo promotion scheduled for tomorrow 11th August. Now I have no idea if it is going to happen or not.

My dashboard tells me that my promotion has now been delayed to No.10 in the queue.

When can I expect to see my promotion go live ?

See attach

Click "View closed" and open the solo deal. The date of activation is listed at the top.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 08:58
William McRea
4203  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

this is confusing why keep making change

now the next date is sept 13....it was just sep 8 yesterday

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 12:03
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes

Unfortunately the queue idea didn't work out, sorry folks, but we had to revert to old scenario. This is the case when theoretically good ideas do almost nothing good in real life and even cause problems.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 12:09
William McRea
4203  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 10 Aug 2017 at 12:09

Unfortunately the queue idea didn't work out, sorry folks, but we had to revert to old scenario. This is the case when theoretically good ideas do almost nothing good in real life and even cause problems.

I understand that for sure. But I am assuming the bump sales we have already paid for are still scheduled????

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 13:36
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes
William McRea on 10 Aug 2017 at 13:36

I understand that for sure. But I am assuming the bump sales we have already paid for are still scheduled????

yes, of course!

Current queue stays actual. We stopped accepting new people to the queue. This was the only change.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 13:49
William McRea
4203  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

okay I figured out what you are doing... :)

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 13:50
Maurizio Pace
3475  / 14
127 posts / 94 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 10 Aug 2017 at 12:09

Hi Dimitry, may I know what was wrong or what issue did you experience with the queue idea? Thanks!

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 14:01
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes

The legacy system of Solo Deals on Safe Swaps was the best (before Safe Swaps' solo section became Udimi), where anybody who paid $20 was immediately bumped to the top, and the next person who paid $20 was bumped to the top and so on, so all Solo Deals have the same status. This is similar to the Warrior Forum WSO system. Those who wanted to stay at the top or near the top could bump their deal daily if they choose to, and it would be similar to spending $150 one time on one Promoted Deal. $20 daily for 7 days is $140 and they will be near the top for all the 7 days instead of slowly dropping down in positions. I remember consistently spending $20 to bump my deal in those days and I always got a lot of orders.

Those who want to be near the top for a few days could bump their solo deal two or three times per week, and with the consistent orders they get, they will probably continue doing the same week after week. Before the new system now, there was a queue that sometimes took months, and now I'm assuming sellers have to wait until the exact second a Promoted spot opens, before there is even a chance of getting near the top. Sure, I remember in this system usually a Promoted spot will open up daily, but it's quite stressful to wait for the exact second it opens when there are a few other people doing the same and I assume probably quite demoralizing if someone else still manages to get the spot ahead of you and you have to wait another day or two. And Simple Deals at $47 are vastly less effective as they start off at 11th spot. So for long periods of time (days or for most of the day), the highest anyone can get is 11th spot as Promoted spots are closed due to all 10 spots are taken up.

Giving the latest bump the top spot at a fixed price of $20-$30 will give everyone a fair chance of getting near the top, and it'll be open all the time. So anyone who wants to grab the top spot can immediately grab it. Since I think the top 3-5 spots will be bumped down fairly quickly, $20-$30 sounds about right, and the next day those who want to be near the top again can repurchase. The Promoted spots in the Find Sellers section can be a separate promotion if sellers want to buy it, it could be a weekly thing for $50-$100 and that one could have a maximum of 10 spots since the Find Sellers section is actually a ranking system first and foremost where the top sellers should get the higher spots and not have to consistently battle for placement. So a maximum of 10 Promoted spots there is fairer.

$20-$30 per bump and making it a free-for-all that is open all the time is better than spending $150 one time. If I spend $150 on the Promoted deal, I already have the feeling I'm essentially sending 3-4 free solos to cover the price. With $20-$30 per bump and having the option to bump it daily if I want to keep it near the top, there is more flexibility.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 15:27
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes
Fabian Tan on 10 Aug 2017 at 15:27

The legacy system of Solo Deals on Safe Swaps was the best (before Safe Swaps' solo section became Udimi), where anybody who paid $20 was immediately bumped to the top, and the next person who paid $20 was bumped to the top and so on, so all Solo Deals have the same status. This is similar to the Warrior Forum WSO system. Those who wanted to stay at the top or near the top could bump their deal daily if they choose to, and it would be similar to spending $150 one time on one Promoted Deal. $20 daily for 7 days is $140 and they will be near the top for all the 7 days instead of slowly dropping down in positions. I remember consistently spending $20 to bump my deal in those days and I always got a lot of orders.

Those who want to be near the top for a few days could bump their solo deal two or three times per week, and with the consistent orders they get, they will probably continue doing the same week after week. Before the new system now, there was a queue that sometimes took months, and now I'm assuming sellers have to wait until the exact second a Promoted spot opens, before there is even a chance of getting near the top. Sure, I remember in this system usually a Promoted spot will open up daily, but it's quite stressful to wait for the exact second it opens when there are a few other people doing the same and I assume probably quite demoralizing if someone else still manages to get the spot ahead of you and you have to wait another day or two. And Simple Deals at $47 are vastly less effective as they start off at 11th spot. So for long periods of time (days or for most of the day), the highest anyone can get is 11th spot as Promoted spots are closed due to all 10 spots are taken up.

Giving the latest bump the top spot at a fixed price of $20-$30 will give everyone a fair chance of getting near the top, and it'll be open all the time. So anyone who wants to grab the top spot can immediately grab it. Since I think the top 3-5 spots will be bumped down fairly quickly, $20-$30 sounds about right, and the next day those who want to be near the top again can repurchase. The Promoted spots in the Find Sellers section can be a separate promotion if sellers want to buy it, it could be a weekly thing for $50-$100 and that one could have a maximum of 10 spots since the Find Sellers section is actually a ranking system first and foremost where the top sellers should get the higher spots and not have to consistently battle for placement. So a maximum of 10 Promot spots there is fairer.
added later

$20-$30 per bump and making it a free-for-all that is open all the time is better than spending $150 one time. If I spend $150 on the Promoted deal, I already have the feeling I'm essentially sending 3-4 free solos to cover the price. With $20-$30 per bump and having the option to bump it daily if I want to keep it near the top, there is more flexibility.

thank you for detailed reply. That's an easy change. If other members support you (by liking your comment), we will do it.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 17:28
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes

In the first few days, it may be a bit crazy as threads will get bumped down quicker but eventually the market will even out and threads will stay at the top longer, as sellers begin to realize it's counter-productive to bump each other down too often. If it works on Warrior Forum, it will work here too, and it did used to work here as this was the first system that was used before the systems that followed. I think it's better than waiting for a Promoted spot to open up. At least it should be worth a trial (or re-trial) for a week or two.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 17:47
William McRea
4203  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

Actually so much per day with immediate bump like Warrior Forum. Is good idea and is fait to

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 22:18
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes

The good thing about the most previous system is that the Promoted bump also came with an immediate bump in the Find Sellers section and an instant Promoted label, that made the Promoted spot more worth it as there is a double bump. But I can see how it would be unfair to sellers who did not buy a Promoted spot as there would be be 20-30 Promoted spots ahead of them in many search scenarios, instead of just 10 Promoted spots like before. I assume there is also a double bump with the new reverted system, but the issue is waiting for a Promoted spot to open up and trying to get it at that exact second. So immediate bump at $20-$30 could be a solution.

Instant bump at fixed price will also result in more deal rotation in the Solo Deals section and should give more variety for buyers.

Posted 11 Aug 2017 at 02:54
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Or maybe make Promoted spots last 1 day for $50 or 3 days for $100? 7 days seems too long. It makes the spots move too slow. Make it faster.

Also I think there should be more than just 2 options to pay to advertise on Udimi (only options now are regular Solo deal and Promoted, seemed so limited).

Posted 11 Aug 2017 at 03:17
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes
James on 11 Aug 2017 at 03:17

Or maybe make Promoted spots last 1 day for $50 or 3 days for $100? 7 days seems too long. It makes the spots move too slow. Make it faster.

added later

Also I think there should be more than just 2 options to pay to advertise on Udimi (only options now are regular Solo deal and Promoted, seemed so limited).

Do you have any ideas about other options?

Posted 11 Aug 2017 at 15:02
Go up
Go down