Changes to Promoted Solo Deals

Changes to Promoted Solo Deals
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

No more queue for Promoted now? Also can't see position in promoted queue if we have a queued Promoted Deal?

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 07:20
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes

In the first few days, it may be a bit crazy as threads will get bumped down quicker but eventually the market will even out and threads will stay at the top longer, as sellers begin to realize it's counter-productive to bump each other down too often. If it works on Warrior Forum, it will work here too, and it did used to work here as this was the first system that was used before the systems that followed. I think it's better than waiting for a Promoted spot to open up. At least it should be worth a trial (or re-trial) for a week or two.

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 17:47
William McRea
4212  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

Actually so much per day with immediate bump like Warrior Forum. Is good idea and is fait to

Posted 10 Aug 2017 at 22:18
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes

The good thing about the most previous system is that the Promoted bump also came with an immediate bump in the Find Sellers section and an instant Promoted label, that made the Promoted spot more worth it as there is a double bump. But I can see how it would be unfair to sellers who did not buy a Promoted spot as there would be be 20-30 Promoted spots ahead of them in many search scenarios, instead of just 10 Promoted spots like before. I assume there is also a double bump with the new reverted system, but the issue is waiting for a Promoted spot to open up and trying to get it at that exact second. So immediate bump at $20-$30 could be a solution.

Instant bump at fixed price will also result in more deal rotation in the Solo Deals section and should give more variety for buyers.

Posted 11 Aug 2017 at 02:54
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Or maybe make Promoted spots last 1 day for $50 or 3 days for $100? 7 days seems too long. It makes the spots move too slow. Make it faster.

Also I think there should be more than just 2 options to pay to advertise on Udimi (only options now are regular Solo deal and Promoted, seemed so limited).

Posted 11 Aug 2017 at 03:17
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
James on 11 Aug 2017 at 03:17

Or maybe make Promoted spots last 1 day for $50 or 3 days for $100? 7 days seems too long. It makes the spots move too slow. Make it faster.

added later

Also I think there should be more than just 2 options to pay to advertise on Udimi (only options now are regular Solo deal and Promoted, seemed so limited).

Do you have any ideas about other options?

Posted 11 Aug 2017 at 15:02
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Maybe a 3rd option that splits the benefits of the promoted deal into two packages. Or maybe remove promoted deals from the solo deals page, so that regular deals are all that's on that page, and when you bump your regular deal it goes to #1 on the solo deals page. Still give promoted deals the 10 spots on the home page, and at the top of find sellers section. That would make regular deals matter.

Or make Promoted Deals rotate spots on each page load, and make promoted deals unlimited. So if you buy a promoted deal, you immediately go into the rotation.

Right now there is only about 1 new promoted spot available per day, to service all these sellers that want to buy promoted deals. It seems out of balance.

Posted 11 Aug 2017 at 21:40
Lisa G
1528  / 5
10 posts / 6 likes

Please explain how to place a future solo promotion.

I understand there is no more queueing of deals.

Today:

The "Solo Deals" page states promotions are full.

The next available slot is not until 13th September.

So what exactly will happen on September 13th when
several solo sellers come online to place new Solo Deals ??

Thanks

Posted 13 Aug 2017 at 08:10
Tomenyuk
219 posts / 71 likes
Lisa G on 13 Aug 2017 at 08:10

Please explain how to place a future solo promotion.

I understand there is no more queueing of deals.

Today:

The "Solo Deals" page states promotions are full.

The next available slot is not until 13th September.

So what exactly will happen on September 13th when
several solo sellers come online to place new Solo Deals ??

Thanks

The quickest one will get a chance to order a Promoted thread.

Posted 13 Aug 2017 at 13:34
Lisa G
1528  / 5
10 posts / 6 likes

"The quickest one will get a chance to order a Promoted thread."

That's exactly what I feared you would say.

No queue... just a free for all ... that will never work.

There will be blood on the walls.

That doesn't sound like a better option. We can only trust Uncle comes up
with a practical solution before the middle of September

Thanks

Posted 13 Aug 2017 at 16:09
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

I hope Uncle comes up with something too. I feel like they are treating Promoted Deals like any Banner Ad on any website, where they think its good to be sold out of it all the time. But Udimi isn't just another website, its a community of Solo buyers and Sellers, and at least 20 to 50 members here make a full time living, and now its going to be much harder as they have no way to schedule promoted deals. Having all of the sellers fight over the promoted spots seems very counter productive. It was nice to have the queue, you could just set your promoted deal and wait for your spot to come up. Its not like they are going to sell more promoted spots because now there is no queue, it was sold out for a month in advance already.

And if they're removing the queue because Support was having a difficult time sorting it out, well that's not a very good excuse. They should just improve the backend of the queue so they can manage it easier. It can't be that hard to manage a month queue of ~50 spots.

How about take the Promoted Deal, split it into 3 packs.
1. Promoted on Homepage for 3 days
2. Promoted on Find Sellers for 3 days
3. Promoted in Newsletter 1 time
Remove the 10 Promoted Deals spots on the Solo Deals Page, so that people will buy more regular Solo Deals.

That way it would make 30 different promoted spots to sell instead of 10 currently (10 spots for each pack). And it would give a boost in traffic to regular Solo Deals so that they would be an improved option.

Posted 13 Aug 2017 at 22:27
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

Here is what we are planning to do

1. In solo deals section all threads will have only regular thread type (no promoted) All threads will be equal.

2. All bumps will be instant. No queue, no limits, self balancing system like on WF.

3. Optionally any member can buy promoted status for any period of time. Promoted status will just give more visibility: spot on the Home page, in newsletter, search, etc...

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 09:56
William McRea
4212  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

I bought a simple solo deal 4 Days ago....one order I rejected...but no other orders...hardly seems worth 45 buck...since the home page ads..the simple solo bump are basically a total waste of money....

this is why the frenzy to buy the premium ad space...since separating the premium and and putting them on the main landing page..it has made the solo deal way less effective

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 11:57
William McRea
4212  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 15 Aug 2017 at 09:56

1. In solo deals section all threads will have only regular thread type (no promoted) All threads will be equal.

2. All bumps will be instant. No queue, no limits, self balancing system like on WF.

3. Optionally any member can buy promoted status for any period of time. Promoted status will just give more visibility: spot on the Home page, in newsletter, search, etc...

Ok just read...when does this go in to affect...and thanks for the advanced notice

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 12:21
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
William McRea on 15 Aug 2017 at 12:21

Ok just read...when does this go in to affect...and thanks for the advanced notice

on 13th of September, when current queue is over.

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 12:34
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 15 Aug 2017 at 09:56

Thanks, I think this should be a good change, how much will a listing and bump cost? I think a sweet spot would be around $20-$30. $40+ may be a bit too high as the deals will be bumped down quicker. Some may also want to bump their deal daily so $20-$30 would be better for encouraging that. If it is $40+, then there should be a period of testing to see on average how quickly orders are bumped down from 1st to around 5th spot and below and how many orders sellers are getting for each bump. Maybe there should be some testing also if it's $20-$30 to see how quickly deals are bumped down. I think in the first few days it will be bumped down quicker so maybe a testing period of 1-2 weeks.

Also, how much will the new Promoted spot (that is for the search, home page, newsletter etc) cost? I think since the visibility for a Promoted spot will be halved (as it will no longer be tied to the Solo Deals section), maybe the cost should be around half of the current price, so maybe around $75? And perhaps limit to 10 Promoted spots for the Find Sellers section and keep it as a 7-day status? Or will there be options like 14 days or 30 days? One issue with having a longer period as an option is some of the spots will be booked up for a very long time.

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 16:07
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
Fabian Tan on 15 Aug 2017 at 16:07

Thanks, I think this should be a good change, how much will a listing and bump cost? I think a sweet spot would be around $20-$30. $40+ may be a bit too high as the deals will be bumped down quicker. Some may also want to bump their deal daily so $20-$30 would be better for encouraging that. If it is $40+, then there should be a period of testing to see on average how quickly orders are bumped down from 1st to around 5th spot and below and how many orders sellers are getting for each bump. Maybe there should be some testing also if it's $20-$30 to see how quickly deals are bumped down. I think in the first few days it will be bumped down quicker so maybe a testing period of 1-2 weeks.

Also, how much will the new Promoted spot (that is for the search, home page, newsletter etc) cost? I think since the visibility for a Promoted spot will be halved (as it will no longer be tied to the Solo Deals section), maybe the cost should be around half of the current price, so maybe around $75? And perhaps limit to 10 Promoted spots for the Find Sellers section and keep it as a 7-day status? Or will there be options like 14 days or 30 days? One issue with having a longer period as an option is some of the spots will be booked up for a very long time.

That is the question...

If we set the price way too low, new threads will go down too fast.

If the price is too high, there will be no profit for sellers and no threads at all.

We will start with something in the middle between current Standard and Promoted price and then adjust up or down, depending on popularity and profitability for sellers.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 16:21
Fabian Tan
1489  / 28
32 posts / 12 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 15 Aug 2017 at 16:21

That is the question...

If we set the price way too low, new threads will go down too fast.

If the price is too high, there will be no profit for sellers and no threads at all.

We will start with something in the middle between current Standard and Promoted price and then adjust up or down, depending on popularity and profitability for sellers.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Ok thanks!

So it will be around $75-$100? Seems a bit high as there is a risk 2-3 other sellers will bump down the deal in a few hours, and in 12-24 hours it could be in 5th-10th spots, I think for that price a deal should be looking to stay in the top 3 spots for around 48-72 hours but may be hard to do that. I think starting off with around $47 and adjusting from there may work, but let's see how it works out...

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 16:33
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

At start it will be $75, but split test (based on many parameters, like: solo deals bump count / time on 1st position / views of a single solo deal / orders on single solo deal / etc etc) will tell the price for perfect balance.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 17:35
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Uncle it sounds like you're moving Udimi towards a more modern marketplace that is in line with current successful marketplaces. I think everyone's experience here will be improved by those changes.

Posted 15 Aug 2017 at 19:46
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes
James on 15 Aug 2017 at 19:46

Uncle it sounds like you're moving Udimi towards a more modern marketplace that is in line with current successful marketplaces. I think everyone's experience here will be improved by those changes.

I really hope so

Posted 17 Aug 2017 at 12:56
Go up
Go down