Managing Expectations

Managing Expectations
Paul Maduka
63  / 2
15 posts / 12 likes

Alright so over the years i have come across some buyers with extremely unrealistic expectations from solo ads, i usually take the time to educate them on this when i can. How can we as sellers help educate people on what to expect from solo ads. I had a client leave a bad review because he didnt get enough optins and no sales from 50 clicks solo ads..i was just speechless, how is it that someone expects sales from 50 clicks.. and his clicks were being sent to a sales page not a landing page. He eventually agrees to tweak his landing page per my recommendations and remove the review in exchange for another 50 clicks and he ended up with over 50% optin after sending the clicks to a page optimized to collect emails. He was apologetic realizing that his results were caused by him and had no reflection on clicks delivered. Recently a buyer complained of leads not responding to emails and i tried to educate her on this being a numbers game unless your leads are segmented to opens, you will be getting less than 10% opens on average and 1% CTR. Just because you have 100 leads does not mean even 20 of them will open any of your emails. How do people come up with these expectations and is there a way to actually help educate folks and make them more informed buyers.

Posted 5 Jun 2018 at 15:46
William McRea
4213  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

good point, most people are told all they need to do is buy traffic and they will be rich... I am rich, and traffic is why....but I controll a LOT of traffic. People need to commit...

Well that’s it...commit

Bill
Posted 5 Jun 2018 at 20:03
Paul Maduka
63  / 2
15 posts / 12 likes

yes sir, buying 100 clicks and expecting the world is simply unrealistic

Posted 5 Jun 2018 at 20:13
Derrick Hoon
2 posts / 1 like

It's the theory of walking into the shop, doesn't mean you have to buy anything.

Derrick

Posted 6 Jun 2018 at 06:02
Casian
10 posts / 0 likes
Paul Maduka on 05 Jun 2018 at 15:46

Alright so over the years i have come across some buyers with extremely unrealistic expectations from solo ads, i usually take the time to educate them on this when i can. How can we as sellers help educate people on what to expect from solo ads. I had a client leave a bad review because he didnt get enough optins and no sales from 50 clicks solo ads..i was just speechless, how is it that someone expects sales from 50 clicks.. and his clicks were being sent to a sales page not a landing page. He eventually agrees to tweak his landing page per my recommendations and remove the review in exchange for another 50 clicks and he ended up with over 50% optin after sending the clicks to a page optimized to collect emails. He was apologetic realizing that his results were caused by him and had no reflection on clicks delivered. Recently a buyer complained of leads not responding to emails and i tried to educate her on this being a numbers game unless your leads are segmented to opens, you will be getting less than 10% opens on average and 1% CTR. Just because you have 100 leads does not mean even 20 of them will open any of your emails. How do people come up with these expectations and is there a way to actually help educate folks and make them more informed buyers.

I give you my example

I had 57 opt in with this landing page

https://bestdigitalproduction.clickfunnels.com/howtoloseweightfast

See attach

On this page is clearly explained that
The FREE Report Will Be Sent To the Email Address You Submit Below:

See attach

So, normally, how much will open to check their inbox mail to receive this FREE REPORT?

If they opt in, because they are interested, normally will open the email, even if they will search in their spam box. At lest 10 from them! I'm right?

But, in my case nobody open their inbox mail to take the FREE REPORT!

I think that it is not normal!

So what is the problem here?

Who are those 57 emails leads? How they was sent into my landing page? If they not follow that they are interested? I don't have trust in this kind of transaction? Do you agree with me? What can I do in this case? what would you do for me?

Best regards

Best Digital Production Report
Posted 10 Jun 2018 at 22:48
Paul Maduka
63  / 2
15 posts / 12 likes

Hi Casian

I can see how these results will be troubling...heck i would be concerned too. But here's something that we must never forget. Traffic is real people coming to your page,no one not you or the vendor can control or predict what these people do. In your case its possible that the traffic source was not good but its also possible that the traffic was just fine.

Did you check your autoresponder to make sure the messages were indeed sent out. if so were they opened? Any hard bounces? The stats you show here are from Click-Funnel and not enough to even attempt to diagnose what could have gone wrong. If you are not tracking your follow up messages or sending via third party like SMTP its very likely that your messages were never delivered if you didn't set things up correctly. I find it hard to believe that all 57 received your message and not even one person opened the email.

If you buy your traffic from Udimi then you can be rest assured that these are real people optins to your forms, they filter the heck out of the traffic being sent to your links. But before you decide that its all the vendor's fault just remember that there could be other factors at play..if everything checks out at your end, then i agree that the results you described are not satisfactory and the traffic you received might not be the best.

Hope this helps :)

Posted 10 Jun 2018 at 23:06
Casian
10 posts / 0 likes
Paul Maduka on 10 Jun 2018 at 23:06

Hi Casian

I can see how these results will be troubling...heck i would be concerned too. But here's something that we must never forget. Traffic is real people coming to your page,no one not you or the vendor can control or predict what these people do. In your case its possible that the traffic source was not good but its also possible that the traffic was just fine.

Did you check your autoresponder to make sure the messages were indeed sent out. if so were they opened? Any hard bounces? The stats you show here are from Click-Funnel and not enough to even attempt to diagnose what could have gone wrong. If you are not tracking your follow up messages or sending via third party like SMTP its very likely that your messages were never delivered if you didn't set things up correctly. I find it hard to believe that all 57 received your message and not even one person opened the email.

If you buy your traffic from Udimi then you can be rest assured that these are real people optins to your forms, they filter the heck out of the traffic being sent to your links. But before you decide that its all the vendor's fault just remember that there could be other factors at play..if everything checks out at your end, then i agree that the results you described are not satisfactory and the traffic you received might not be the best.

Hope this helps :)

I tested all the process concerning SMTP email settings, and I can assure you that it is no problem, because I have already sent many others sequences follows emails and it's working very good; from another campaigns I have even the unsubscribes (only 3) that is a prouve that all is in good function. So...? Anyway i paid a lot money for what? This is the question...SO how can I should to react in this situation?

Best Digital Production Report
Posted 10 Jun 2018 at 23:36
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

There are great reviews here being post every hour on Udimi of buyers gettings sales and responsive optins. The results of only one solo are not enough to tell much. Contact Udimi Support or the Seller that you bought the solos from, that is the only people that can help you.

Posted 11 Jun 2018 at 00:03
Paul Maduka
63  / 2
15 posts / 12 likes

What of your autoresponder, are you able to track email delivery and open rates. If your data showed no emails were opened then its likely that the leads were not super interested with your offer to start with. I dont deal with weight loss leads, and i am not able to tell you exactly how to react to your situation. I just didnt want you focusing 100% on the traffic and missing out on the opportunity to fix something that might need attention on your funnel. Good luck on your endeavours and i am sorry you had such poor outcomes. Stay in the game, and try out other traffic sources.

Posted 11 Jun 2018 at 00:38
Jen Johnston
111 posts / 62 likes
Paul Maduka on 05 Jun 2018 at 15:46

I think that 100 clicks minimum is a good place to start. With 50 clicks I feel that they are not serious, they're just sticking their toe in the water.

Posted 13 Jun 2018 at 21:50
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Depending on how impressive a landing page or offer is if you showed 50 people it in real life, maybe 5 on average would be interested, and that's probably being generous? It also really depends on how you structure your funnel and how many followup offers you have. Most people seem to have a optin then one followup and then they're like ok... why no buyers... well you followed up one time...some people follow up hundreds and thousands of times.

Posted 13 Jun 2018 at 23:05
Go up
Go down