[SUGGESTION] Bad rating handling and moderation

[SUGGESTION] Bad rating handling and moderation
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes

Hello everyone, I think that with the new minimum pricing and limited od we are headed towards the right the direction but there's one more thing that I think could help in making the marketplace even better and it's related to the rating system (specifically bad rating).

From personal experience I noticed that most of the bad ratings are caused by the lack of communication between the buyer and the seller.

Each time a campaign ends I try to get in touch with the client to know how it performed (and think I'm not the only one), someone replies someone simply ignores and it's fine to me.

But it's not fine anymore when you find a bad rating from a client that didn't communicate at all with you, precluding the possibility to fix what went wrong, but even worse when you see some client that even tries to blackmail you asking for refund "...or I'll leave you a bad rating"...

That's why I think that could be useful to make the bad rating a two-step process before getting approved, something like:

1) Get in touch with the seller, explain what went wrong and try to fix things up

Done?

Yes - and the issue has been fixed > Exit
Yes - but the issue has not been fixed > Go to step 2
No > Go to step 1

2) Leave bad rating anyway and wait for moderation by Udimi staff.

This is just a rough idea but I think it makes sense to save the situation in most cases.

What do you think?

Maurizio

Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 16:52
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes

This is a good idea Maurizio

Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 17:03
Jen Johnston
111 posts / 62 likes

This would be great for reducing the people who are trying to game the system for free traffic.

Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 17:33
Mikael
431  / 5
13 posts / 4 likes

Great Idea, 100% Support.

Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 19:33
Tony Parzakonis
72 posts / 35 likes

Definitely a good idea to prevent people taking advantage.

Want Responsive Traffic That Converts? 95%+ T1 Traffic + Avg. 10% OD
Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 21:49
Evi Young
800  / 9
140 posts / 81 likes

Yes, we definitely need that, sometimes because of customers lack of knowledge, they forget that good result depends on both side Traffic and their own offer.

Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 22:08
Philip Coble
2164  / 9
28 posts / 17 likes

It's a great idea, as a matter of fact many companies implemented the same process for customer service and many other things.

Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 22:21
Mark Elali
45 posts / 19 likes

Good Idea! similar to ebay, paypal, and many other marketplaces ...

This will require resources and more customer support on Udimi end, so if they dont want this there is a simple quick solution for now;

some traffic marketplaces let u add a comment to the review. this could be an easy and simple way also to deter some bad reviewers as u can comment and clear the issue or add a stats link ... extra ... not unlimited comments, just one comment or reply, and if it is a good review, it can be a thank you and more positive words about the buyer ... Win win ...

And also the made sales or not is actually BS in some many cases, most buyers dont even know how to track sales from specific sellers so they select No sales and some buyers say yes to CPLs!! and some make BS reviews to each other as we have seen in another thread ... if someone made sales they can mention it in the review ... this makes thing more clear, simple, less manipulation by some mafia sellers :)

Cheers :)

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 00:35
Tony Parzakonis
72 posts / 35 likes
Mark Elali on 23 Jan 2019 at 00:35

Good Idea! similar to ebay, paypal, and many other marketplaces ...

This will require resources and more customer support on Udimi end, so if they dont want this there is a simple quick solution for now;

some traffic marketplaces let u add a comment to the review. this could be an easy and simple way also to deter some bad reviewers as u can comment and clear the issue or add a stats link ... extra ... not unlimited comments, just one comment or reply, and if it is a good review, it can be a thank you and more positive words about the buyer ... Win win ...

And also the made sales or not is actually BS in some many cases, most buyers dont even know how to track sales from specific sellers so they select No sales and some buyers say yes to CPLs!! and some make BS reviews to each other as we have seen in another thread ... if someone made sales they can mention it in the review ... this makes thing more clear, simple, less manipulation by some mafia sellers :)

Cheers :)

Definitely agree here. We should be moving away from "made sales". Apart from being easily gamed, this just encourages the idea of solo ads as some get quick rich scheme, especially amongst newbies. Sales are nice to have, but not a given on the front end. What's more important is that the buyer has got a good offer, a funnel, is tracking their clicks, and optimising for best results.

Want Responsive Traffic That Converts? 95%+ T1 Traffic + Avg. 10% OD
Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 00:47
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes

"Made sales" shouldn't go anywhere. It's one of the best ways to determine one's list quality.

The idea of being able to reply to review's is very good one though

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 07:45
Mark Elali
45 posts / 19 likes

if all " made sales" or "No sales" rating are honest and accurate then yes ... but there is another thread here few sellers discussing the issue of sellers faking sales rating to each other ... List quality isn't by few "made sales" or "No sales" on udimi :) specially when it can be easily manipulated by some... I'm a seasonable seller on Udimi as i'm always booked out outside Udimi, i just wanted to add my 2 cents of an opinion ;) ... Udimi Full time sellers have better idea than me for sure ... Cheers

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 07:56
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Seems like the forums for the past 2 weeks have just been posts of sellers getting changes that are possibly good for sellers, but bad for buyers. Like higher prices, I'm still not sure if 40 cents per click is a good idea, or if reducing overdelivery is good thing, only Udimi knows if overall income is up or down. Do a better job of satisfying your customers if you don't want bad reviews.

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 08:24
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes
Mark Elali on 23 Jan 2019 at 07:56

if all " made sales" or "No sales" rating are honest and accurate then yes ... but there is another thread here few sellers discussing the issue of sellers faking sales rating to each other ... List quality isn't by few "made sales" or "No sales" on udimi :) specially when it can be easily manipulated by some... I'm a seasonable seller on Udimi as i'm always booked out outside Udimi, i just wanted to add my 2 cents of an opinion ;) ... Udimi Full time sellers have better idea than me for sure ... Cheers

You some good points Mark, not to dissagree and your points alone are good enough for another thread.Let's keep this one to this idea

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 08:28
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes
James on 23 Jan 2019 at 08:24

Seems like the forums for the past 2 weeks have just been posts of sellers getting changes that are possibly good for sellers, but bad for buyers. Like higher prices, I'm still not sure if 40 cents per click is a good idea, or if reducing overdelivery is good thing, only Udimi knows if overall income is up or down. Do a better job of satisfying your customers if you don't want bad reviews.

Completely no sense in your response...did you read what Mauricio said at all?

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 08:31
Jyoti Taneja
94 posts / 15 likes
Maurizio Pace on 22 Jan 2019 at 16:52

Hello everyone, I think that with the new minimum pricing and limited od we are headed towards the right the direction but there's one more thing that I think could help in making the marketplace even better and it's related to the rating system (specifically bad rating).

From personal experience I noticed that most of the bad ratings are caused by the lack of communication between the buyer and the seller.

Each time a campaign ends I try to get in touch with the client to know how it performed (and think I'm not the only one), someone replies someone simply ignores and it's fine to me.

But it's not fine anymore when you find a bad rating from a client that didn't communicate at all with you, precluding the possibility to fix what went wrong, but even worse when you see some client that even tries to blackmail you asking for refund "_...or I'll leave you a bad rating_"...

That's why I think that could be useful to make the bad rating a two-step process before getting approved, something like:

1) Get in touch with the seller, explain what went wrong and try to fix things up

Done?
Yes - and the issue has been fixed > Exit
Yes - but the issue has not been fixed > Go to step 2
No > Go to step 1

2) Leave bad rating anyway and wait for moderation by Udimi staff.

This is just a rough idea but I think it makes sense to save the situation in most cases.

What do you think?

Maurizio

I totally agree with this point

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 08:34
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes
James on 23 Jan 2019 at 08:24

Just plane wrong. You cannot sell for less then 40 cents and maintain an engaged list. Quality it going down because of cheap sellers. It better for buyers if we can generate our leads from outside the solo market and provide them with fresh leads that are not on 70 other solo ad list

Bill
Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 12:27
Jim Samgola
258  / 1
12 posts / 18 likes

This looks like it will be helpful. I know some NEW buyers just join to leave bad rating for people.

I also know that some bad sellers buy from new people just to leave bad ratings.... Weird stuff and very petty

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 12:54
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes

I even know some solo vendors ("buyers") who buy from other solo vendors here and leave a bad review just to "gain some advantage" .... but that's for another episode :D

Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 13:06
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes
Kujtim Guga on 23 Jan 2019 at 13:06

I even know some solo vendors ("buyers") who buy from other solo vendors here and leave a bad review just to "gain some advantage" .... but that's for another episode :D

Yes for sure and so childish and stupid. This is small business what are they hoping to gain? 40 bucks here and there...lol..

My million dollar a year online business has been producing since 2004...that’s a business. I don’t play games and I think long term. Silly little games like you pointed out out are just going to kill the game player.

Mauriszio this is a great idea and good advice. The customer wins, so do the sellers And Udimi gets a better reputation as a fair mediator (tough job) of our business.

Bill
Posted 23 Jan 2019 at 13:25
Go up
Go down