Some Advice from a Season Marketer

Some Advice from a Season Marketer
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

I've been doing this since 2005, and I've done well. I sell solos to support my staff. I see a lot of crazy sales funnel in my life. To give you all a hint. If your landing page works and the thank you page is linked to other opt-in forms and webinars...You will struggle. At the very least, tell people about who you are and how you used the products you want to promote. Honestly, tell them how the product has impacted your life...

See people clicking on a link (which is difficult and expensive to generate) feel abused when they are asked to register for yet another product or webinar. Just think about how you would like to be treated when registering for something. I give away a free product and the method to make money using the product. Then they love me and register for high-end webinars from my member's area. They already love me, made a few bucks from my service, and are ready to take that next step.

Best of luck...this works...and it's better than sounding desperate on every email.

Bill

Bill
Posted 4 Oct 2022 at 20:00
Robin Robinson
16 posts / 4 likes

Thank you, Bill. This is a very informative post.

Posted 4 Oct 2022 at 21:13
Randy Sult
290  / 5
35 posts / 23 likes

Very wise advice! There are STILL too many people using standard "program generated" sales funnels and email swipes. Every product or service has them and yes, believe me if you are using it so is 80% or more of every affiliate in that program. Stand out. Be you. Offer value before you ask for the sale.

Randy Sult
Posted 5 Oct 2022 at 00:00
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

So here is the thing. Any of this crap people are buying is BULL but its okay to sell what people they are attracted too. To get results you need to do some simple things. Be are real person and talk to real people. With email marketing its still works better than ever. Simple... Build a list using a landing page that is single optin and make sure that page and the thank you page is BRANDED with the name you will use to send emails. With these "done for you systems" when someone lands on a page is curious and optins....very very few will buy from the thank you page...so its up to your follow sequence. BUT thats not easy. Each email should be unique NOT copy and pasted, and it should include your personality, plus you simply need to ask your list members what they want. You do this through segmentation...most real autoresponders have this tool available. Done for your system sound like a robot and thats why the dont work.

This is how I made a fortune, and it took work, learning, time and trial and error. There really is no shortcut. But I have been self employed since 1976...I know what struggle is and I know how to work.

Bill
Posted 5 Oct 2022 at 14:23
Robin Robinson
16 posts / 4 likes
William McRea on 05 Oct 2022 at 14:23

So here is the thing. Any of this crap people are buying is BULL but its okay to sell what people they are attracted too. To get results you need to do some simple things. Be are real person and talk to real people. With email marketing its still works better than ever. Simple... Build a list using a landing page that is single optin and make sure that page and the thank you page is BRANDED with the name you will use to send emails. With these "done for you systems" when someone lands on a page is curious and optins....very very few will buy from the thank you page...so its up to your follow sequence. BUT thats not easy. Each email should be unique NOT copy and pasted, and it should include your personality, plus you simply need to ask your list members what they want. You do this through segmentation...most real autoresponders have this tool available. Done for your system sound like a robot and thats why the dont work.

This is how I made a fortune, and it took work, learning, time and trial and error. There really is no shortcut. But I have been self employed since 1976...I know what struggle is and I know how to work.

Thanks for sharing. If you want to know how to make money then it's good to ask someone who's already done it. I appreciate this advice. I also know it takes work and there are no shortcuts.

Posted 10 Oct 2022 at 20:04
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

Wanted to add to this discussion. I hope it helps. I've learned how to monetizing traffic. The fact is every source of traffic will spend money with you. I even monetize PPV traffic which very tough to do. You just have to test and make changes. There are a lot of good tools out there to help, and I have to admit the fact I own a software company gives me a few advantages. The tool are there...if you use a Good autoresponder you should be able to segment leads. Learning this skill can turn buying solo ads into a gold mine.

Do some research put in the hard work and your success will be all yours.

Bill
Posted 13 Oct 2022 at 15:24
Alan Bywaters
16 posts / 3 likes

Could you elaborate on the segmentation part please? Thx

Posted 15 Oct 2022 at 05:51
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

So, segmentation is a process of finding out what your list members like and then move them into a new email sequence that automatically follows up with emails related to that topic. As you can imagine your engagement and conversions climb considerably. What I do is I give people free training and a source. If they open an email related to some specific topic...IE email marketing vs Seo Marketing my system automatically moves that list member into that sequence of emails.

I also segment people that click on any of my marketing emails as LIKELY BUYER and move them into should buy soon list, where I promote my best offers.

Any decent autoresponder should have some segmentation available. I just use descriptive titles to find out what people open. Every autoresponder is different don't be afraid to ask for support and review the documentation.

Bill
Posted 15 Oct 2022 at 16:56
Alan Bywaters
16 posts / 3 likes

Ok, thanks for the info ?

Posted 15 Oct 2022 at 17:32
Jann Wilson
1 post / 0 likes

Bill,

Thanks! I am learning from you and wanted to say thank you.

Tom

Posted 12 Nov 2022 at 20:29
Ambesager Araya
3 posts / 0 likes

Hi Mcrea

Thanks for those helpful advice. I have setup my email newsletter through GetResponse. I'm sending emails through a Gmail account. GetResponse says it is not the recommended option (to avoid being spammed). Do you think I should have a business email domain name? or Gmail should be good enough?

Thanks!

Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 17:38
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

Buy a domain name…don’t use a free account. It makes a huge difference in delivery. Get the domain name and set up email in the hosting. It’s easy

Bill
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 21:51
Anthony Le
2 posts / 0 likes

Advice is always welcome I love perspective from all different views all I can do is gain from it so plz keep it coming, and so I can be the best at it , and that can only come from the best in th e business I'm here to learn from you and thank you for sharing the knowledge that you guys have gain over the years being in the business

Posted 17 Nov 2022 at 01:41
Ambesager Araya
3 posts / 0 likes
William McRea on 16 Nov 2022 at 21:51

Buy a domain name…don’t use a free account. It makes a huge difference in delivery. Get the domain name and set up email in the hosting. It’s easy

Thanks McRea. Which of these two would you recommend for purchasing just domain name for GetResponse integration? GoDaddy? or NameCheap? Thanks!

Posted 17 Nov 2022 at 02:11
Steve RM
1 post / 0 likes

Hi William - thank you for your perspective. I came to Udimi after following a course by Erik Cagi who recommends you send your traffic to an optin page which then forwards to an affiliate offer. Sounds like you wouldn't concur with this?

Posted 29 Nov 2022 at 16:26
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes
Steve RM on 29 Nov 2022 at 16:26

Hi William - thank you for your perspective. I came to Udimi after following a course by Erik Cagi who recommends you send your traffic to an optin page which then forwards to an affiliate offer. Sounds like you wouldn't concur with this?

yes...think of it this way....the chance of getting and impulse sales that does not refund is really low. Most biz op have a 20% or higher refund rate. So do you want that...or would you rather have a list of people you offer responsible products too. My experience with this is you make a lot more money with a dedicated list than one that depends on impulse.

Capture a LEAD...segment them to what they want to know and the present them responsible products.

Bill
Posted 29 Nov 2022 at 17:09
Lance Johnson
6 posts / 1 like

Just out of curiosity, do you see any people succeeding selling products that actually work? Not the "push button and make $3829,93434 in two hours" kind of stuff. More like the legit, how to build a business products?

I got my start as a copywriter and own an agency, but would love to build up a second stream of income. I just want to do it in a way that is going to help people succeed. The reality is, it takes a TON of work to make money in any business. I want to be honest with people about that.

Does it sound like a losing battle since so many folks sell products that don't work at all?

Posted 30 Nov 2022 at 23:57
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes
Lance Johnson on 30 Nov 2022 at 23:57

Just out of curiosity, do you see any people succeeding selling products that actually work? Not the "push button and make $3829,93434 in two hours" kind of stuff. More like the legit, how to build a business products?

I got my start as a copywriter and own an agency, but would love to build up a second stream of income. I just want to do it in a way that is going to help people succeed. The reality is, it takes a TON of work to make money in any business. I want to be honest with people about that.

Does it sound like a losing battle since so many folks sell products that don't work at all?

Look at the truly quality products big sellers like Frank Kern, Russel Brunson, Mike Filsaime etc etc sell. They are not cheesy biz op’s but real products.

copywriting is key on any product. My original copywriter from 2008-2014 writes copy for traditional products not IM products. Everything need good copy since more is sold online than not.

Bill
Posted 1 Dec 2022 at 00:10
Lance Johnson
6 posts / 1 like

Great points. Thanks for the encouragement!

Posted 1 Dec 2022 at 01:54
Go up
Go down