Udimi filtering went through the roof all of sudden

Udimi filtering went through the roof all of sudden
Maurizio Pace
3475  / 14
127 posts / 94 likes

Hi everybody,

During the last few days I've noticed a change in Udimi filtering algorithm. All of sudden filtered traffic skyrocketed for no reason and the funny thing is that the filtered traffic that is redirected to a backup link where I have several other offers running is making me sales. I've shared my experience with other sellers on this platforms and it seems that it's not an isolated case.

What's going on?

Thanks!

Posted 11 Dec 2022 at 09:14
Chilim Ng
8 posts / 5 likes

Yea it's crazy how my orders suddenly went close to 30% filtered clicks when my previous orders before these 2 orders all have less than 10% filtered...

I got 2 new orders today and both are around 30% and the 2nd order got automatically refunded cause of the high filter rate.

Messaged udimi support and they said the filtering system is fine and I should just clear out those filtered clicks from my list but now, it's obviously not just me having this issue.

I hope there's a fix to this soon...

Posted 11 Dec 2022 at 09:21
Igor Varoscic
1478  / 2
3 posts / 2 likes

Hi, I must say the same thing, filtered traffic has gone up significantly and my way of generating traffic is the same as it was for the last 7 years dealing with udimi platform so from my observation something was changed how this platform is filtering our clicks.. I hope that udimi will find some solution for this issue..

Posted 11 Dec 2022 at 10:53
Kevin Hansen
3264  / 7
21 posts / 12 likes

I happen to have the same issue with filtered traffic. 

A raise of over 20 percent. There has to be an issue with 

the system as nothing has changed on my end with how i get 

my traffic im hoping this can can get sorted out ASAP.

Kevin
Posted 13 Dec 2022 at 08:22
Courtney Lee
9 posts / 4 likes

That don’t sound good. Can someone dummy this down for me?

Posted 14 Dec 2022 at 18:26
William McRea
4201  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

Man it's hard to figure out Udimi's filter. My staff pours through every filtered click...most are legit filtered clicks...then there are some that boggle the mind...lol

My conclusion...its hard to judge a good click from a bad clicks. Odds are they are doing a good job..

Bill
Posted 14 Dec 2022 at 20:19
Jason Thompson
3891  / 1
6 posts / 6 likes

Im having the same issue the last few days. It would be nice if udimi staff explain the logic and why its affecting multiple sellers.

Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 06:00
Troy Arrandale
13 posts / 0 likes
Courtney Lee on 14 Dec 2022 at 18:26

That don’t sound good. Can someone dummy this down for me?

I agree! Can someone dummy this down for me too? lol I'm a brand new seller on Udimi and still learning the lingo lol

Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 20:08
Troy Arrandale
13 posts / 0 likes
William McRea on 14 Dec 2022 at 20:19

Man it's hard to figure out Udimi's filter. My staff pours through every filtered click...most are legit filtered clicks...then there are some that boggle the mind...lol

My conclusion...its hard to judge a good click from a bad clicks. Odds are they are doing a good job..

Filtered clicks, at first that sounds bad from the Original Poster, but then he made some sales???!! from that?? That sounded good to me, William :) But the other posts are wanting this to get fixed as if it is a bad thing lol

Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 20:10
Kevin Hansen
3264  / 7
21 posts / 12 likes
Troy Arrandale on 19 Dec 2022 at 20:10

Filtered clicks, at first that sounds bad from the Original Poster, but then he made some sales???!! from that?? That sounded good to me, William :) But the other posts are wanting this to get fixed as if it is a bad thing lol

If you take a second look the filtered traffic was redirected and made sales .So why is it this traffic getting filtered. This is a bad thing as we have to send a lot more clicks to cover the issue. The only thing is we don't understand why we are having this issue in the first place and its getting worse.

Kevin
Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 20:27
William McRea
4201  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

Udimi has their own definition of good and bad clicks. Like I said we've review every bad click and for the MOST part if Udimi says they are bad clicks they ARE. That does not mean your email provider did anything wrong. There are so many bots attacking everyones website, etc there is going to be bots. In my case I filter clicks with ClickMagick, my own system AND Udimi's.

The traffic you buy from Udimi is probably as good as you can get when it comes to clean traffic.

Bill
Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 20:47
Troy Arrandale
13 posts / 0 likes
Kevin Hansen on 19 Dec 2022 at 20:27

If you take a second look the filtered traffic was redirected and made sales .So why is it this traffic getting filtered. This is a bad thing as we have to send a lot more clicks to cover the issue. The only thing is we don't understand why we are having this issue in the first place and its getting worse.

ooo i get it now, Kevin. thanks! what is it we CAN do? all of us email support and demand it be fixed or...[consequences to be filled in the blank here]

Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 21:16
Troy Arrandale
13 posts / 0 likes
William McRea on 19 Dec 2022 at 20:47

Udimi has their own definition of good and bad clicks. Like I said we've review every bad click and for the MOST part if Udimi says they are bad clicks they ARE. That does not mean your email provider did anything wrong. There are so many bots attacking everyones website, etc there is going to be bots. In my case I filter clicks with ClickMagick, my own system AND Udimi's.

The traffic you buy from Udimi is probably as good as you can get when it comes to clean traffic.

so you recommend when i get my first order on Udimi to cloak the buyer's link with clickmagick? even thought Udimi is also filtering/tracking/using its own system?

Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 21:18
William McRea
4201  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes
Troy Arrandale on 19 Dec 2022 at 21:18

so you recommend when i get my first order on Udimi to cloak the buyer's link with clickmagick? even thought Udimi is also filtering/tracking/using its own system?

Well cloaking does not do much, but I would. I would use a click filtering system like Clickmagick…using their rotator allows you to deliver multiple orders and not waste traffic. And it prevent bots etc…you can cloak with it too… it is what I do you but don’t need to.

Bill
Posted 19 Dec 2022 at 21:29
Chilim Ng
8 posts / 5 likes

It's still happening and it's crazy that our orders get refunded automatically when filtered clicks are too high and so many sellers complained about the same issue. Not only are we sending way more traffic to fill the order but it's gets refunded in full to the buyer automatically once the order is finished when filtered are too much... a loss on top of a loss... sigh...

Posted 22 Dec 2022 at 17:05
Troy Arrandale
13 posts / 0 likes

I've gotten my first six or seven orders and not noticed this at all. I did set the bonus clicks and noticed only a few were counted, but that was only for 2 of the orders.

Posted 22 Dec 2022 at 22:36
Randy Sult
288  / 5
35 posts / 22 likes

It’s out of control. JavaScript off is not a reason to filter. Still no answer from Udimi on this thread.

Posted 3 Jan 2023 at 13:58
Uncle Dimitry
629 posts / 569 likes

Thanks for everybody who sent their logs to our support. They allowed us to re-check everything and make sure it works fine. No bugs or issues were found.

Regarding Javascript is Off filter... It was here for 10+ years and will stay. Try to disable javascript on your browser and then to use any site. It will be unusable. 99% of sites DO use javascript and a user without this technology is useless.

Best regards, Uncle Dimitry.
Posted 3 Jan 2023 at 22:16
Indulis Staskevics
4681  / 4
8 posts / 5 likes

I have the same filters on my end on Clickmagick. But the past few months have been something strange. Even filtered clicks return back and I make sales from CB and CPA networks, but it is getting annoying.

See attach

Posted 4 Jan 2023 at 17:20
Jason Thompson
3891  / 1
6 posts / 6 likes

One thing ive noticed in udimi stats that they count a lot of clicks as useless, and some of these usless click will be marked as bots or crawlers, but after investigating some of these IPs they are 100% not BOTs or crawlers, in fact they are real user IPs that click, subscribe and even purchase the offer.

Posted 4 Jan 2023 at 23:06
William McRea
4201  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

Nothing new lol…I redirect that traffic and generate tons of sales.

Bill
Posted 4 Jan 2023 at 23:29
Go up
Go down