Udimi filtering went through the roof all of sudden

Udimi filtering went through the roof all of sudden
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes

Hi everybody,

During the last few days I've noticed a change in Udimi filtering algorithm. All of sudden filtered traffic skyrocketed for no reason and the funny thing is that the filtered traffic that is redirected to a backup link where I have several other offers running is making me sales. I've shared my experience with other sellers on this platforms and it seems that it's not an isolated case.

What's going on?

Thanks!

Posted 11 Dec 2022 at 09:14
Randy Sult
290  / 5
35 posts / 23 likes

It’s out of control. JavaScript off is not a reason to filter. Still no answer from Udimi on this thread.

Posted 3 Jan 2023 at 13:58
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

Thanks for everybody who sent their logs to our support. They allowed us to re-check everything and make sure it works fine. No bugs or issues were found.

Regarding Javascript is Off filter... It was here for 10+ years and will stay. Try to disable javascript on your browser and then to use any site. It will be unusable. 99% of sites DO use javascript and a user without this technology is useless.

Best regards, Uncle Dimitry.
Posted 3 Jan 2023 at 22:16
Indulis Staskevics
4711  / 4
8 posts / 5 likes

I have the same filters on my end on Clickmagick. But the past few months have been something strange. Even filtered clicks return back and I make sales from CB and CPA networks, but it is getting annoying.

See attach

Posted 4 Jan 2023 at 17:20
Jason Thompson
3893  / 1
6 posts / 6 likes

One thing ive noticed in udimi stats that they count a lot of clicks as useless, and some of these usless click will be marked as bots or crawlers, but after investigating some of these IPs they are 100% not BOTs or crawlers, in fact they are real user IPs that click, subscribe and even purchase the offer.

Posted 4 Jan 2023 at 23:06
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

Nothing new lol…I redirect that traffic and generate tons of sales.

Bill
Posted 4 Jan 2023 at 23:29
Randy Sult
290  / 5
35 posts / 23 likes

Yup

Randy Sult
Posted 5 Jan 2023 at 00:54
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes
Indulis Staskevics on 04 Jan 2023 at 17:20

I have the same filters on my end on Clickmagick. But the past few months have been something strange. Even filtered clicks return back and I make sales from CB and CPA networks, but it is getting annoying.
added later

[image]

See attach

My configuration is even stricter but it doesn't help at all

Posted 5 Jan 2023 at 09:30
Indulis Staskevics
4711  / 4
8 posts / 5 likes
Jason Thompson on 04 Jan 2023 at 23:06

One thing ive noticed in udimi stats that they count a lot of clicks as useless, and some of these usless click will be marked as bots or crawlers, but after investigating some of these IPs they are 100% not BOTs or crawlers, in fact they are real user IPs that click, subscribe and even purchase the offer.

I noticed it a few years ago, but then it was about ~10% filtered clicks max, and accepted it because anyway I make good sales from returned/filtered traffic. But now I must add 30%-35% to my orders it`s annoying and customers ask about why so high filtered click % should worry about the quality of traffic.

Posted 6 Jan 2023 at 14:02
Kevin Hansen
3270  / 8
19 posts / 12 likes
Indulis Staskevics on 06 Jan 2023 at 14:02

I noticed it a few years ago, but then it was about ~10% filtered clicks max, and accepted it because anyway I make good sales from returned/filtered traffic. But now I must add 30%-35% to my orders it`s annoying and customers ask about why so high filtered click % should worry about the quality of traffic.

I have the exact same issue sending over 30 percent to complete orders and clients asking same if traffic is high quality. I remember that a few years ago when we had a big jump. Seemed it was repaired in no time.

Kevin
Posted 6 Jan 2023 at 14:13
Manita Sharma
11 posts / 2 likes

I think these guys keep updating their system..
Need to keep ourselves updated

Posted 7 Jan 2023 at 13:32
Greg Prouse
469  / 1
13 posts / 13 likes

How many of you are writing to support regarding this. Despite dealing with filtering myself it is higher than before. I have no idea why they keep changing the algorithm.

Greg Prouse
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 19:32
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes
Greg Prouse on 20 Feb 2023 at 19:32

How many of you are writing to support regarding this. Despite dealing with filtering myself it is higher than before. I have no idea why they keep changing the algorithm.

Been here eight years, and this is nothing new... So my staff reviews every filtered click, and we modified our click system to filter what UDIMI filters. It does not matter if I agree or disagree with Udimi...I send them the traffic they want, and the rest goes into my sale funnel...and yes, I get conversions.

Bill
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 19:50
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes

On my end, the filtering has nothing to do with bots, scrapers, servers or similar stuff. Mostly of the filtering I get is because of the "heuristic" likely traffic exchange algorithm. I guess that if some subscribers of mine reads more than one of my emails and visit the different links I'm promoting in a specific timeframe it gets marked as likely traffic exchange because same IP is recorded in more than one udimi links but that makes no sense to me. On the contrary it means that he's eagerly looking for the best opportunity to join and redirecting all his extra visits to my backup links will just be a potential missing sales for other clients links I'm promoting

Posted 21 Feb 2023 at 11:23
Go up
Go down