Question for sellers

Question for sellers
Mark
14 posts / 2 likes

Hi

This may be a stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway. Why do you not offer free short run samples for buyers to test your list?

It costs you virtually nothing but could increase your sales dramatically if you get a good response.

I would deffo try other sellers if this was an option.

Posted 26 Mar 2023 at 01:58
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes

Well, imagine going to a several restaurant sand ask to the owners for a free lunch/dinner with the promise of getting back in the future if you liked the service. How many of them would be up to it?

Posted 26 Mar 2023 at 14:06
Mark
14 posts / 2 likes

Totally different but I get your point

Posted 26 Mar 2023 at 19:58
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes
Mark on 26 Mar 2023 at 19:58

Totally different but I get your point

Can you explain why you think it's different and why you think that sending traffic for us costs virtually nothing? I'm not ranting, I want really to understand your point of view.

Posted 26 Mar 2023 at 20:28
Mark
14 posts / 2 likes

Hi. Nearly every other online affiliate type thing has a trial e.g. ClickFunnels etc. I actually have no idea the costs of sending traffic out but I can’t imagine that it is a lot, not with the price some of you guys charge anyway. I didn’t mean to disrespect anyone it was just a question. Obviously has hit a nerve. I am relatively new to this and am trying my best to get things moving. I presume you have been in my position at some point. Feel free to let us know how the system works on your end to give me a better understanding.

Posted 26 Mar 2023 at 21:49
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes

Yeah I got what you mean. From the outside it may seem that email marketing it's just a matter of "write an email and send" but there's a whole "ecosystem" built around that simple task (at least if you want to do it the way it should be). You have to keep your servers running and keep them as healthy as possible, you have to pay a tracking platform to manage your traffic, you have to pay a good email cleaning service to get rid of fake emails and spam traps that may ruin your servers reputation and kill your business overnight and, last but not least, to keep your list as much refreshed as possible, you have to buy LOT of incoming traffic from several sources to build your own list and out of all the people that opt into it you have to keep only the most engaged ones trashing all the rest to make sure to serve your clients with the most active leads you can offer. Not to mention the costs that sellers have to face to promote their service here at Udimi (promotion, solo deals, platform and affiliate fees etc...).

I hope that cleared things up a bit ?

Posted 27 Mar 2023 at 08:11
Mark
14 posts / 2 likes

Thanks for the full insight. I will keep you in mind for my next run

Posted 27 Mar 2023 at 08:29
William McRea
4212  / 16
406 posts / 355 likes

This is insane...I sell on Clickbank A LOT if I can make $5 A CLICK cross-promoting with other product owners why would I sell that traffic for .40 a click at Udimi...Let alone give free trials.

Solo orders come from people SUBs... You can and will get orders,...but don't think people give you pure buyers traffic just so they can sell solos to you. The nice thing about Subs is they are people that were thinking of buying... Start here...get sales...build a product,...and then do swaps with product owners.

Bill
Posted 27 Mar 2023 at 20:38
Mark
14 posts / 2 likes

Like I said in my opening post. This might be a stupid question. It has opened a good debate and answered some questions. I am new and need all the help I can get.

Posted 27 Mar 2023 at 20:52
Thomas Freeman
2870  / 19
55 posts / 18 likes

Last time when I offered free 100 clicks there was noone who wanted it. I even promoted it quite a lot on Facebook. Noone. I got "great" comments too :)). Yes, back then i didn't have so big track record , but still i could show results, but again - NOONE was interested and many had something to say about it. Would I take today some free traffic? Mostly no and I have reasons for that, but that me. But.. here you go another case :)

Another case. Giving trial to newbies is.... something you can't control. No tracking in place. No good opt in page. No good email providers etc.. And at the end - The one who will be responsible for "all the mistakes and "bad" not converting traffic is seller, offcourse. So, something to think again why FREE is maybe not the best option.

Another case: Try to buy RAY BAN for $200 and REPLICA for $5 and see how your attitude changes when you pay what it costs.

And as other members mentioned: Giving trial to some saas program like CF the costs of it is maybe 1/100 of what to deliver trial clicks and not to mention all the above posted.

See you on the money side :)

poh-j
Posted 28 Mar 2023 at 04:12
Mark
14 posts / 2 likes

Thanks for another great reply. I can understand some of the other sellers giving you a hard time about offering free clicks. Sometimes someone has to do something a little different. I get messages of sellers on here trying to get me as a customer. If people are chasing customers then I have to presume that they are struggling.

Posted 28 Mar 2023 at 04:38
Glenn Fedoruk
7040  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes

Mark its not about doing something different its keeping value in the service if one person started giving away free clicks then 100 would start doing it because there sales will probabaly slip . Before you no it there would be no profit at all for the seller in this . Giving away doesn't work .

Posted 28 Mar 2023 at 14:51
William McRea
4212  / 16
406 posts / 355 likes

At the end of the day....you get what you pay for!

I have a few guys I pay well over a buck a click ...but I make more...They are friends that only sell to a few people. I evaluate traffic based on CPS not CPC or CPL.

You want to make money in this business...I MEAN real money. It comes down to your network...who you know, and who likes you. That's why I always tell it like it is. Udimi is a great place to start and learn email marketing (for real). Many people started here and have gone on to do really well.

Bill
Posted 28 Mar 2023 at 17:48
Glenn Fedoruk
7040  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Mark on 28 Mar 2023 at 04:38

Thanks for another great reply. I can understand some of the other sellers giving you a hard time about offering free clicks. Sometimes someone has to do something a little different. I get messages of sellers on here trying to get me as a customer. If people are chasing customers then I have to presume that they are struggling.

Also adding to my previous post giveaways especially traffic are going against the TOC here at Udimi and if Udimi finds out its occuring a vendors account could be banned . Sellers don't hve free will to do as they please here as far as business is concerned.

Posted 29 Mar 2023 at 16:50
Mark
14 posts / 2 likes

Thanks again. Some great comments and I have learned a bit also

Posted 29 Mar 2023 at 19:49
Thomas Freeman
2870  / 19
55 posts / 18 likes
Mark on 28 Mar 2023 at 04:38

COCA COLA struggling? Is APPLE struggling? And I could go on and on... :)

When someone is reaching out it does not mean allways he's struggling :)

poh-j
Posted 11 Apr 2023 at 08:24
Glenn Fedoruk
7040  / 242
196 posts / 71 likes
Thomas Freeman on 11 Apr 2023 at 08:24

COCA COLA struggling? Is APPLE struggling? And I could go on and on... :)

When someone is reaching out it does not mean allways he's struggling :)

Just means they go above and beyond to get business hahaha . Its called knowing how to hustle . Money doesnt drop on laps and if 98% are in the marketing business thinking that they should quit.

Posted 12 Apr 2023 at 00:03
Mark McLeod
1 post / 0 likes

Building your business never stops or your business does. You always need to be focused on customers and their satisfaction to be successful. Reaching out to buyers and helping them master the business makes everyone money.

Posted 12 Apr 2023 at 01:58
Jesse Griffin
2 posts / 2 likes

Hello Mark.

I would be happy to give you a sample of leads that you can test out to be sure its a good fit for your marketing campaigns. Send me a message and I can get you started with that.

How many leads are you comfortable having to make an informed decision whether or not to purchase more. I can offer you 100 free leads as a test, would that do it ?

Posted 7 May 2023 at 00:26
Mark
14 posts / 2 likes

Hey Jesse I have sent you a message

Posted 7 May 2023 at 10:22
Chilim Ng
8 posts / 5 likes

Because we can send to our own offers or affiliate offers and make money even from 100 clicks, depending on the front end price and a little bit of luck.

If we're getting let's say an epc of $0.3 sending to affiliate offer, that means every click we send will eventually be worth at least $0.3 per click so why would anyone give the traffic out for free... 1 or 2 people is fine but imagine giving 10, 20, 30 people free trial of just 50 clicks each... it'll cost a lot.

Even IF it cost nothing to send those clicks (which is far far from reality), it doesn't make too much sense to do it.

Posted 12 May 2023 at 11:35
Go up
Go down